• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Minnesota Vikings @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The JBB will be great. I can see it.

Jackson, Brown, Bateman

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Wife had to defib me three times! Thank god I got the unit cheap on Amazon after week 2. It's good for a few dozen more jolts and by all indications we're gonna need all of them.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This season is just.... insane. Can't believe the other games went our way and we won. I was just thinking every other game is going to go our way and we lose. Incredible.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
We can’t keep having games like this. My heart can’t take it

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I will try to keep thoughts to under 30 words next time. I forget some cant handle thoughts longer than a tweet in this generation. That is on me.
I don’t have a Twitter, apologist

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t have a Twitter, apologist

Hes your QB not your boyfriend, you do not have to resort to desperate whataboutisms (especially comparing a 3rd string QB) when people point out he makes mistakes. All it does is make you look silly and desperate.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ironic since you’re a Flacco apologist

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
as an outside observer though - im not sure what your original point even was supposed to be...

The original response was to a post that was commenting on the fact that somehow the Ravens failing to get a stop on 4th down was the defense showing its "true colors" and that the rest of the 2nd half was essentially an illusion.

My response to that was simply to say that if we are going to say the final drive of the 4th was the "true colors" of the defense then why does that not also apply to Lamar and the offense. He also had a terrible first half but looked great in the second half and had a rough final drive in the 4th. Why is one supposedly the "true colors" and the other is nothing worth looking at or talking about?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well we have an insanely talented QB who will fight until the end.

our defense comes and goes.

And Brown gets saucy at times
I think having a player like Lamar Jackson just keeps the guys thinking they got a chance. Settles guys down.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The original response was to a post that was commenting on the fact that somehow the Ravens failing to get a stop on 4th down was the defense showing its "true colors" and that the rest of the 2nd half was essentially an illusion.

My response to that was simply to say that if we are going to say the final drive of the 4th was the "true colors" of the defense then why does that not also apply to Lamar and the offense. He also had a terrible first half but looked great in the second half and had a rough final drive in the 4th. Why is one supposedly the "true colors" and the other is nothing worth looking at or talking about?

i get that now - but i must say that the original comment just looked like weird sniping at lamar - the context wasnt that clear

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think having a player like Lamar Jackson just keeps the guys thinking they got a chance. Settles guys down.

lamar legit has no doubts in his body and he's not gonna play with anyone who's not there with him - and i think hollywood's the same

it was really telling when they talked on the broadcast after we went down like 2 TDs that Harbs was huddling up with Lamar and Hollywood

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Do you remember how they got that long drive? The defense forced a 3 and out that special teams screwed up and so they forced a 2nd 3 and out. They then forced another 3 and out in between the 2 touchdown drives. That is why the Vikings defense was so gassed.
Yes, and the offense responded with a 6 min TD drive, the defense forces a 3 & out and the offense had a 10 minute TD drive. The Vikings only had 3 possessions in the 2nd half with a TD on the final possession. The defenses forced 2 punts but were aided by the offense by being kept on the sideline for a total of 20 minutes which is just massive. That's why the Vikings were gassed.

I'll give credit to the stop in OT, that was huge but there's a legit cause for concern with this defense, they were already one of the worst pass Ds in the league but now the run D is a legit concern. A 66 yard after big plays allowed vs the Bengals on the ground as well. The run defense was at least where they will pretty solid at, but if that begins to become a problem for them then this unit is in serious trouble, especially with the loss of Elliott.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lamar legit has no doubts in his body and he's not gonna play with anyone who's not there with him - and i think hollywood's the same

it was really telling when they talked on the broadcast after we went down like 2 TDs that Harbs was huddling up with Lamar and Hollywood
I agree with this. Lamar and Hollywood are just clutch and have that “go make plays because plays need making” gene, it’s intangible but it’s real and noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.