• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Minnesota Vikings @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
They're also stepping up and playing more disciplined. This defense has been failing to do that all year long. Kirk Cousins hasn't been sacked today and a turnover hasn't even been forced. Not really impressed and a coverage breakdown on 4th and 9 is just terrible. You can point out the defensive deficiencies but we're dealing with that on offense as well. This secondary has had plenty of experience together, there is absolutely no excuse for them to be 32nd on top of having issues with communication and tackling on the back end.

The defense has held the Vikings to 24 points. Whether they get there by sack or by stop it doesnt matter. The job of a defense is to keep points off the board and that is what has happened.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
See you made an incorrect assumption there (and looked silly while doing it) and it shows how little you think of Lamar, and how desperate you are that he must do no wrong, that your sole response to him making basic mistakes is to resort to a whataboutism argument (especially to someone who does not think Flacco is very good you might as well have said what about some practice squad QB).

Like that throw just now was bad. It was a poor decision, but to admit he is capable of mistakes seems to cause you to do that panic whataboutism that people do when they are desperate to not be wrong.

The funniest part though is that it wasn't the point of the argument at all, but in your desperation to defend you missed that point. I was not arguing Lamar was a bad QB or even not a great QB. My argument was simply that if your sole argument is that playing badly for most of the first half and then badly for your final drive shows your "true colors" how does that not apply to Lamar as well because every part of that applies to how he played this game? My argument involved countering the mistaken belief that the defense did not have a decent game today.
I’m not gonna read all that big dog

Okay I cannot handle this flag football.

Are you kidding me?

They are moving backwards out of field goal range AGAIN!

Just end it.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
The defense has held the Vikings to 24 points. Whether they get there by sack or by stop it doesnt matter. The job of a defense is to keep points off the board and that is what has happened.
Are you taking into consideration that the offense had a drive that lasted 10 minutes? That's quite a lot of time for the defense to be off the field. Nearly an entire QTR. I was convinced the defense was having a good game until the end, but my criticism extends for the entire season.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are you taking into consideration that the offense had a drive that lasted 10 minutes? That's quite a lot of time for the defense to be off the field. Nearly an entire QTR. I was convinced the defense was having a good game until the end, but my criticism extends for the entire season.

Do you remember how they got that long drive? The defense forced a 3 and out that special teams screwed up and so they forced a 2nd 3 and out. They then forced another 3 and out in between the 2 touchdown drives. That is why the Vikings defense was so gassed.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
tumblr_o5i2ueqnfl1sl21koo1_540.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.