• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Do you really think you can take a 24yr old receiver and improve his ability to catch? Improve his hands?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that could actually be done. What about proper route running and reading proper route alterations and syncing with a QB that also struggles with play adjustment?

In the same vein, folks really think a converted WR coach is gonna get JoeJoe to use better footwork and read route adjustments as his improvement tool at 33yrs old?....Seriously?...(That's right Joejoe will be 33 in couple weeks). A slow study NFL QB does not turn it on at 33 years old folks.........he retires at that age.

You reach a point where you have say it...........SAY IT!!!!!

Come on man.

There is a veteran receiver currently by the name of Pierre Garcon who didn't start to improve his hands and etc until he went to The Redskins. He was actually 26 years old at the time and has since been a reliable pass catcher. A more recent example would be Eagles receiver Nelson Agholor(24 years old) who went from catching 51 precent of his passes in 2016 to 65 precent of his passes in 2017. He is having his best season ever in his career so far and he had issues with drop passes in the past two season of his young career.

Joe Flacco played really well during the second half of the season of last year. I don't know if that was due to his back being 100 percent healthy or not. James Urban may have coach wide receivers with The Bengals but before then he was The Eagles quarterback coach. Joe Flacco may soon be 33 but I think he will still be young enough to improve his game . Urban been apart of Marty Morhinweg offensives system for over 4 years so if anything he can help get Joe Flacco better adjusted for Marty Mornhinweg offense and be a good communicator .

RayRayRaven

Veteran
There is a veteran receiver currently by the name of Pierre Garcon who didn't start to improve his hands and etc until he went to The Redskins. He was actually 26 years old at the time and has since been a reliable pass catcher. A more recent example would be Eagles receiver Nelson Agholor(24 years old) who went from catching 51 precent of his passes in 2016 to 65 precent of his passes in 2017. He is having his best season ever in his career so far and he had issues with drop passes in the past two season of his young career.

Joe Flacco played really well during the second half of the season of last year. I don't know if that was due to his back being 100 percent healthy or not. James Urban may have coach wide receivers with The Bengals but before then he was The Eagles quarterback coach. Joe Flacco may soon be 33 but I think he will still be young enough to improve his game . Urban been apart of Marty Morhinweg offensives system for over 4 years so if anything he can help get Joe Flacco better adjusted for Marty Mornhinweg offense and be a good communicator .

I'd call that a whole lot of happy talk pilgrim, but happy talk don't change a thang.

You might want to be careful with stats like that though. That cited catch rate has nothing to do with a ball that touches a receivers hands or bounces off his hands, facemask, or which he fails to adjust to, as the case may be.

Sticking with Pierre Garcon, I've followed his career quite closely. Garcon did not start until his 2nd season but has been effective since with a couple exceptional years. He demonstrated ability very early but was buried under Peyton Manning's favorite receivers. When Peyton missed all of 2011, Garcon blossomed with nondescript signal callers. He had high level ability very early and still was in his pre 26 year old season with "unimproved hands". Garcon has still not yet exceeded his yearly TD totals at Indianapolis. But discounting your statistical view of Garcon, I gotta tell ya, even all that in countervailing statistics is irrelevant because there's only one evaluation that matters and its how an effective evaluator of talent views demonstrated skill and terminal ability and its why the Raven's have been suffering for many years now. It's why Garcon has always been a winner and why Perriman is a major Bust and also why Mr Breakdown can never be a credible corner.

JoeJoe is JoeJoe. If we had Jacksonville's defense, he could also pass as a quarterback.

Last edited:

RayRayRaven

Veteran
You used to talk like you didn’t know English. Then you started speaking normally but you still weren’t the sharpest tool in the tool shed. Now you speak like somewhat of an educated human being? Wtf RayRay

Perriman had 34 targets for 10 catches this year. He was a healthy scratch for a number of games. He finished with 77 yards for the season and a 7.7 yard per catch average. When he was drafted theres no way they figured to get him the ball he had to be within a couple yards of the line of scrimmage.

Turning that thing around is called Miracle Working.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Perriman is done. He can't catch, run proper routes, no game awareness, lacks physical toughness as a blocker and he has huge mental problems.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I'd call that a whole lot of happy talk pilgrim, but happy talk don't change a thang.

You might want to be careful with stats like that though. That cited catch rate has nothing to do with a ball that touches a receivers hands or bounces off his hands, facemask, or which he fails to adjust to, as the case may be.

Sticking with Pierre Garcon, I've followed his career quite closely. Garcon did not start until his 2nd season but has been effective since with a couple exceptional years. He demonstrated ability very early but was buried under Peyton Manning's favorite receivers. When Peyton missed all of 2011, Garcon blossomed with nondescript signal callers. He had high level ability very early and still was in his pre 26 year old season with "unimproved hands". Garcon has still not yet exceeded his yearly TD totals at Indianapolis. But discounting your statistical view of Garcon, I gotta tell ya, even all that in countervailing statistics is irrelevant because there's only one evaluation that matters and its how an effective evaluator of talent views demonstrated skill and terminal ability and its why the Raven's have been suffering for many years now. It's why Garcon has always been a winner and why Perriman is a major Bust and also why Mr Breakdown can never be a credible corner.

JoeJoe is JoeJoe. If we had Jacksonville's defense, he could also pass as a quarterback.

You asked "Do you really think you can take a 24 year old receiver and improve his ability to catch? Improve his hands" and I gave you Pierre Garcon and Nelson Agholor as two players that have improved their hands either at the age of 24 or beyound. When it comes to Perriman there is no doubt that he has talent and play making ability which is something he showed in 2016. The guy just really need to work on his hands and finally have a healthy off season where him and Joe Flacco can have a entire training camp and preseason to building their chemistry .

jcn

Practice Squad
What a disgraceful season, worst Ravens team we've seen in a very long time, and maybe that's why our stadium is filled with empty seats and cricket chirps, how embarrassing. 9-7, sure we almost made the playoffs, but with an extremely easy schedule (how many backup QBs we played this year?) get to face the worst team in the NFL twice and still we barely squeaked by, with horrible play on offense and defense and even a horrible offseason to start us off clearly wrongly favoring D over offense...I understand BPA approach but don't appreciate the bad results that come from a one sided team balancing act.

Something's got to give and I think it's very safe to point the finger at every single coach on this team, Harbaugh for his mediocre leadership and middling responses after losses..."We need to improve and that's all I have to say!" No sh* pal what else is new. Then there is friggin Marty Mornenwhig and he can be summed up by the final play of todays game, we needed 14 yards for a 1st but settled for a 7yard route, if I had a dollar for every screen/short slant/out route marty had drawn up on 3rd and longs this year I'd pay for more talent on this team. He's mediocre and that's being generous.

Dean Pees could easily be fired too, even Dan Fouts called the Tyler Boyd slot single coverage play before it even happened today that cost us the game. Pees has his share of the blame as well.

All in all I'd be surprised if Harbs gets fired, but I could understand why, moreso if Im Harbaugh I'd scapegoat one or both of the coordinators and look to change things up next year.

Our defense was the one bright spot (very debatable) for us this year and its hard to even say that given the flat out beatdowns they have suffered throughout the year. The Jacksonville slaughter in London. LeVeon rolling over us for 200 yards week 4, Antonio Brown gutting us for 200 in a game where the Steelers totaled 500+yards a few weeks ago. Jordan Howard, DeAndre Hopkins, Latavius Murray, we got torched quite a few times this season, yet all anyone ever talks about is our "top ranked defense"and personally I think our defense is very overrated despite how much we invested in it this offseason, and it couldn't be more relevant than in todays loss. And let's talk about that "pro bowler" Eric Weddle....are you kidding me? Congrats on the turnovers bro, but I have never seen a worst covering, tackling safety...EVER, dude doesn't deserve the pro bowl, he misses more tackles and blows more coverages than a pro bowler should. And damn it seems like we never ever have enough CBs on this team to get us through the year. Jimmy is over the hill and always injured, Carr sucks as a starter, and beyond that we have young guys who need growth, Humphrey has a promising future but thats 1 CB, in a league where offenses use 5 wide sets a whole lot...we need more corners Ozzie not 1 or 2...legit like 4-5 solid starters.

Our D will always be our strength as a team but we have got to start investing in offense too. Alex Collins is a stud and the one positive take away on offense this year, but we need WRs and a good TE like it's nobody's business. Our offense was garbage this year like I've never seen outside of a winless team. Joe Flacco can still get it done if he has the right weapons like a Mason/Boldin/Pitta/Heap, and a coordinator who calls The right plays like Jim Caldwell and Gary Kubiak used to. So it's time to add a multitude of peices to this offense, Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin are clear cut backups.

All in all I doubt we completely implode this offseason we are close to being true contenders, we just have to add more talent and incorporate much better coaching.

#BoycottMornenwhig

#NotMyOC

Exactly, if we didn't have all those backup quarterbacks, our record would of been worse. A lot of folks, mostly non Ravens fans, found it justice that we missed the playoffs for that reason.

Btw, did you even consider the team worse than the 2007 team?

If yes, did you consider them even worse than the 1996 team as well?