• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I care about this more than Marty - Marty at least showed that he could change up the offence and improve it when the players played well enough but bobby engram has done nothing to improve our wr corps - if anything we get receivers into the building and then they start regressing and looking worse than they did in college
Can we please pry away Pitt's WR coach?

I care about this more than Marty - Marty at least showed that he could change up the offence and improve it when the players played well enough but bobby engram has done nothing to improve our wr corps - if anything we get receivers into the building and then they start regressing and looking worse than they did in college
Roman is reportedly staying.
My biggest concern with retaining Marty was the fear that it would cause us to lose Roman. My thought was, if the only way to keep Roman was to promote him to OC, then the job should be his. I'm really glad we found a way to keep him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
well we've hired a qb coach - only thing is he used to be the bengals wr coach...

also im not sure that the title change for roman is an indicator that he's more senior than marty - just that he has a payrise
Well being assistant coach certainly gives the impression of being more senior, but it certainly would be an easy transition of MM fucks up next yr.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well being assistant coach certainly gives the impression of being more senior, but it certainly would be an easy transition of MM fucks up next yr.

per jeff zrebiec:

Wouldn't get too hung up on Greg Roman's "assistant head coach" title. Ravens special teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg remains "associate head coach." Title change surely means a nice pay bump for Roman, but doesn't change Ravens coaching structure.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ravens hire Bengals coach James Urban as Quarterback Coach. He spent 7 years in Cincy aa a WR coach and 2 years as a QB Coach in Philly.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ravens hire Bengals coach James Urban as Quarterback Coach. He spent 7 years in Cincy aa a WR coach and 2 years as a QB Coach in Philly.
He did work in Philly under MM for 5 yrs. two of which were qb coach

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
per jeff zrebiec:

Wouldn't get too hung up on Greg Roman's "assistant head coach" title. Ravens special teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg remains "associate head coach." Title change surely means a nice pay bump for Roman, but doesn't change Ravens coaching structure.
No no no. Everyone’s got it wrong. Roman is the new assistant TO the head coach. Not assistant head coach.

For anyone who doesn’t get the reference, it’s an Office joke. And you should probably watch it.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think I'd prefer Urban as a WR coach, since he seemed to do well with their WRs.
Yeah I think we need a good WR coach much worse than we need a QB coach. Joe did fine in the latter half of the season. Our WRs did not. Someone needs to freaking teach Perriman how to run routes and how to catch so he’s not a complete bust. We drafted him to develop him and we haven’t done shit.