• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I think we need a good WR coach much worse than we need a QB coach. Joe did fine in the latter half of the season. Our WRs did not. Someone needs to freaking teach Perriman how to run routes and how to catch so he’s not a complete bust. We drafted him to develop him and we haven’t done shit.
I'd be fine if he doesn't have good route running. With speed and size, you don't need to run routes super well. Just get him to catch the ball and be aggressive going for it, like we saw in the 2016 season. I've never seen a WR regress as much as Perriman did.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd be fine if he doesn't have good route running. With speed and size, you don't need to run routes super well. Just get him to catch the ball and be aggressive going for it, like we saw in the 2016 season. I've never seen a WR regress as much as Perriman did.
Yeah he looked really good at times in 2016. And everyone raved about him before he got hurt this year. I’m hoping he improves and maybe the injury took a bigger toll on him then we thought. Hoping he finally has a healthy offseason.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah he looked really good at times in 2016. And everyone raved about him before he got hurt this year. I’m hoping he improves and maybe the injury took a bigger toll on him then we thought. Hoping he finally has a healthy offseason.
That's what I'm hoping too. If we can go back to what he was in 2016, then he'll be a decent WR 2 that'll force DBs away from the box.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I think we need a good WR coach much worse than we need a QB coach. Joe did fine in the latter half of the season. Our WRs did not. Someone needs to freaking teach Perriman how to run routes and how to catch so he’s not a complete bust. We drafted him to develop him and we haven’t done shit.

i mean joe improved but id still like to see someone try and improve his footwork and mechanics and have that be their focus

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean joe improved but id still like to see someone try and improve his footwork and mechanics and have that be their focus
Definitely believe Urban can help with that. Of course he has to stay away from those back injuries.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's what I'm hoping too. If we can go back to what he was in 2016, then he'll be a decent WR 2 that'll force DBs away from the box.
Needs a better set of hands or atleast gloves. Talk to Biletnikoff he may have a jar of stickum left.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes me too. But this guy seems to have done a good job with the WRs at cinci so I’d rather him be our actual WR coach rather than QB coach. And bring someone else in to work with joe.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
trust me i dont want engram here either - but he's not a bad guy to bring in
Oh I’m not saying he’s a bad hire as QB coach, I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all if we had a good WR coach. He seemed to do a good job with Vick and Mcnabb. But the fact that we desperately need a WR coach and we bring one in who is a proven guy, only to make him go back to QB coach, very much frustrates me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh I’m not saying he’s a bad hire as QB coach, I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all if we had a good WR coach. He seemed to do a good job with Vick and Mcnabb. But the fact that we desperately need a WR coach and we bring one in who is a proven guy, only to make him go back to QB coach, very much frustrates me.

it might be that part of the reason we could prise him away from the bengals is because he wants to be a qb guy and move up the ladder through that route (you dont hear of many wr coaches getting OC jobs but tons of qb coaches get interviews) - apparently he's been wanted by teams for years but the bengals have blocked those moves in the past

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
it might be that part of the reason we could prise him away from the bengals is because he wants to be a qb guy and move up the ladder through that route (you dont hear of many wr coaches getting OC jobs but tons of qb coaches get interviews) - apparently he's been wanted by teams for years but the bengals have blocked those moves in the past
Ahh that does make sense

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This was my speculation as well. I sent a text to truth that it was very possible this was the only way we could pry him away from the Bengals. Meaning it isn’t considered a lateral move.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This was my speculation as well. I sent a text to truth that it was very possible this was the only way we could pry him away from the Bengals. Meaning it isn’t considered a lateral move.

Yeah the bengals have seemingly blocked these types of moves for years so maybe we offered him a role that the league would consider a promotion or was greyish enough that the bengals couldn’t risk it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah the bengals have seemingly blocked these types of moves for years so maybe we offered him a role that the league would consider a promotion or was greyish enough that the bengals couldn’t risk it
That’s a big loss for the bengals as well

RayRayRaven

Veteran

Do you really think you can take a 24yr old receiver and improve his ability to catch? Improve his hands?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that could actually be done. What about proper route running and reading proper route alterations and syncing with a QB that also struggles with play adjustment?

In the same vein, folks really think a converted WR coach is gonna get JoeJoe to use better footwork and read route adjustments as his improvement tool at 33yrs old?....Seriously?...(That's right Joejoe will be 33 in couple weeks). A slow study NFL QB does not turn it on at 33 years old folks.........he retires at that age.

You reach a point where you have say it...........SAY IT!!!!!

Come on man.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do you really think you can take a 24yr old receiver and improve his ability to catch? Improve his hands?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that could actually be done. What about proper route running and reading proper route alterations and syncing with a QB that also struggles with play adjustment?

In the same vein, folks really think a converted WR coach is gonna get JoeJoe to use better footwork and read route adjustments as his improvement tool at 33yrs old?....Seriously?...(That's right Joejoe will be 33 in couple weeks). A slow study NFL QB does not turn it on at 33 years old folks.........he retires at that age.

You reach a point where you have say it...........SAY IT!!!!!

Come on man.
You used to talk like you didn’t know English. Then you started speaking normally but you still weren’t the sharpest tool in the tool shed. Now you speak like somewhat of an educated human being? Wtf RayRay

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You used to talk like you didn’t know English. Then you started speaking normally but you still weren’t the sharpest tool in the tool shed. Now you speak like somewhat of an educated human being? Wtf RayRay
He also did the Harvey Dent "say it" thing for the second time. He does this a lot. When he was Danny D he always said something along the lines of "so much writing mean nothing at all"

Ignore him man. It's better that way.