• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bad, the Ugly, and the Ravens: Week 17 Edition

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The way people defend Pees and say he's just a scapegoat reminds me of the Cam defenders during his time as OC.

jcn

Practice Squad
Humphrey dropped a pick on THE drive

I thought Eric Weddle caught a pick, then a penalty by Humphrey negated it.

Do people honestly believe Pees has no blame in the matter?

Pees won "Blame of the Game" by a mile over on the subreddit forum.

Also, my question wasn't to list out how all the players that were on the field during the 4th and 12 play deserve blame for failing to stop the Bengals on that play, my question was to list out how every single player that was on the field for the game as a whole deserved blame for the loss in general.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Also, my question wasn't to list out how all the players that were on the field during the 4th and 12 play deserve blame for failing to stop the Bengals on that play, my question was to list out how every single player that was on the field for the game as a whole deserved blame for the loss in general.
Both happened lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

but why?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
People defended Cam?
Surprisingly yes. Even sports columnists on tv would sometimes defend him. The phrase, "coaches coach, and players play," got thrown around. As in it's the player's job to execute what the coach calls.

Tru11

Practice Squad
People defended Cam?

bar that 1 season with kubiak , the offense has been a shit show since we moved on from his scheme and playbook so....

jcn

Practice Squad
Who should they have blamed?

In my opinion regarding that game, I believe that only some players deserve blame for the loss, not all of them. That's why I'm asking the folks who blamed everyone to explain why each and every player deserved blame?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
In my opinion regarding that game, I believe that only some players deserve blame for the loss, not all of them. That's why I'm asking the folks who blamed everyone to explain why each and every player deserved blame?

Who do you blame?

jcn

Practice Squad
Who do you blame?

Pees for making a soft zone call on the 4th and 12.

Canady for failing to make the tackle on the 4th and 12.

The receivers for all those dropped passes.

Flacco, a little for the under throws. Flacco under throwing the ball wasn't as frequent as the dropped passes.

I also blame Weddle a little for the 4th and 12, not as much as Pees and Canady though.

Finally Marty as his playcalling was awful as well, particularly in the first half.

That is it.

So, how do all the other players I didn't mention deserve blame as well? Each and every single one of them?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pees for making a soft zone call on the 4th and 12.

Canady for failing to make the tackle on the 4th and 12.

The receivers for all those dropped passes.

Flacco, a little for the under throws. Flacco under throwing the ball wasn't as frequent as the dropped passes.

I also blame Weddle a little for the 4th and 12, not as much as Pees and Canady though.

Finally Marty as his playcalling was awful as well, particularly in the first half.

That is it.

So, how do all the other players I didn't mention deserve blame as well? Each and every single one of them?

It's a team game and they lost as a team so everyone on the team should be held accountable. Do some players/coaches deserve more blame than others? Absolutely. That doesn't mean that everyone else played/coached a great game because if they did then they wouldn't be in a situation where one play determines the outcome of the game.

Other than that, not really sure why we're still talking about this shit game; time to forget about it and move on to hopefully better things.

jcn

Practice Squad
It's a team game and they lost as a team so everyone on the team should be held accountable. Do some players/coaches deserve more blame than others? Absolutely. That doesn't mean that everyone else played/coached a great game because if they did then they wouldn't be in a situation where one play determines the outcome of the game.

Other than that, not really sure why we're still talking about this shit game; time to forget about it and move on to hopefully better things.

You see, that's the problem. When I ask, "who do you blame", and someone replies, "everyone", it's hard for me to figure out if they said that because it's a team sport or because they truly believe that every single player deserved blame.

I would of talked about it sooner, if I joined the forum sooner.

I think the Ravens were overconfident the last game of the year. You guys will bounce back next year and you will be a playoff team.

jcn

Practice Squad
I think the Ravens were overconfident the last game of the year. You guys will bounce back next year and you will be a playoff team.

That's a possibility, but then again, the other teams fighting for wild cards all won though.

In regards to next year, it's a tossup to me. I think whoever is the starting quarterback more will have an impact.