• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bad, the Ugly, and the Ravens: Week 17 Edition

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
no thanks...god bless him though
Well he would be better than Pees who thankfully will be retiring .
It is mind boggling that Pees would switch to a zone D on 4th and 12 from man to man and ended up confusing our defensive backs more than the Cincy offense .

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m wondering how many 4th quarter leads in the closing minutes has the Pees D given up ?
There have been so many over the last several years but I wonder if anyone has a stat .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to go back through the film to watch this game by the sounds of it...

What’s disappointing is the fact that we literally are unable to do the one thing that was a point of emphasis for the team ie finishing

What’s even more disappointing is that despite everything, this team is picking in the exact same draft spot as last year

At least this defence doesn’t have to go and face the chiefs offence

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to go back through the film to watch this game by the sounds of it...

What’s disappointing is the fact that we literally are unable to do the one thing that was a point of emphasis for the team ie finishing

What’s even more disappointing is that despite everything, this team is picking in the exact same draft spot as last year

At least this defence doesn’t have to go and face the chiefs offence
Do you think this was the worst regular season loss in franchise history ? I have to believe so .

Do you think this was the worst regular season loss in franchise history ? I have to believe so .
It was terrible, but just this year people were calling the Jags loss the worst one ever and I think losing at home to a lousy team like the Bears when they could not afford to deserves some consideration.

Also, I remember the year 2013 when the Ravens needed to win just one of the final two regular season games to make the playoffs. They played New England and then, like this year they finished with the Bengals in week 17. They threw up all over themselves and lost 41-7 against NE and then 34-17 at Cincy which eliminated them from the playoffs.

Also there were those horrible games against the Broncos to open the season in 2013 when Manning torched them and then the game in 2014 when Roethlisberger lit them up too. There are a lot of bad games to choose from.

K-Dog

MVP
I’d have to watch the game to work that out - problem is I’m not sure I want to watch the game
You should.
Yeah the ending is about as bad as it gets but there were some quality plays in all the phases.

The problem with this game was the ramifications. If this were game two or three or what have you, many here would simply shrug it off and say " meh. We got beat"

Give it a week or two. Let the emotion drain.
It has more ugly than good, sure but I think it is worth watching.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I go to the game and don't check the forums for one day and the Ravens Flock explodes. I am down in the dumps and I barely have the courage to check these forums.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d have to watch the game to work that out - problem is I’m not sure I want to watch the game

If you do go ahead and skip that 1st Bengal drive. We couldn't even get them to a 3rd down situation. Besides that 4th and 12 play the rest was not that bad.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Last years immaculate extension was worse because it was against the Steelers, although this year it eliminated us from a 5 seed and the playoffs. Hard to say.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last years immaculate extension was worse because it was against the Steelers, although this year it eliminated us from a 5 seed and the playoffs. Hard to say.

I don't know....at least when the Steelers beat us last year, I kind of expected it with the loss of Jimmy. This year was supposed to be different with all the draft picks we spent on defense; we should have been able to withstand losing Jimmy again. Instead, the defense falls apart again at the end of the season and it did so against a downtrodden Bengals team that had little to play for. I'm sick and tired of losing to the fucking Bengals and especially to miss the playoffs. This loss feels worse to me.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Tank

Hall of Famer
I would like to see Truths breakdown and input of the play. Film study does a good job of breaking down and questioning assignments. But truth adds human elements to his plays breakdown. Elements like tired defense and coach trust of players and tendencies. Pressure on QBs seems to come in spurts then disappear
yep, good stuff. Subjective opinions, but always an interesting read.

Joe’s 2nd half could’ve been quite amazing. Boyle dropped what would have been a TD and Chris Moore bobbled a pick on a sure first down that could’ve ended in a TD instead returned for a pick 6. He could have ended the game with 4 TDs realistically speaking. Seriously, we need playmakers in the worst way.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe’s 2nd half could’ve been quite amazing. Boyle dropped what would have been a TD and Chris Moore bobbled a pick on a sure first down that could’ve ended in a TD instead returned for a pick 6. He could have ended the game with 4 TDs realistically speaking. Seriously, we need playmakers in the worst way.
Good TE ‘s and receivers easily make both plays .