• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Murphy's Law, The Ugly and The Uglier

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Probably the worst ravens offensive performance of the Lamar era.

And it always sucks when we lose. But it sucks even worse when you've got a long-time to wait after it. We lost before the bye to the Bengals and now we've got to wait 10 days after this too.

The kind of game that ruins your week as a fan.

Defence finally did something albeit against Brissett and Tua with a broken finger... But even then they forced too massive fumbles but didnt recover either of them. And when the offence finally did do something, the defence gave up another big play to kill the game. Coverage busts all season on really simple concepts.

Even Tucker missed a FG.

But the Dolphins played cover-1 and cover-0 and we had no answer all night. Screen game wasn't working as a response, we didn't try and spread them out to make it harder to blitz, hot receivers weren't breaking tackles. I don't understand how we didn't adjust at all. Without a doubt the worst Greg Roman called offensive game as coordinator.

We frequently struggled to get the play off before the snap. And then frequently Bozeman's snaps were all over the place.

Watkins and Hollywood both fumbled - Watkins's returned for 6. Multiple drops and some poor throws by Lamar. Watkins lost that ball in the air on the first drive too.

Running game disappeared after the 2nd drive of the day but the Ravens still persisted with it when it was putting us in bad situations.

We had the ball at midfield or better twice and punted both times.

This entire offence was just completely out of sorts but even in the 4th quarter I don't know why we were huddling and showing no tempo or anything. It's like this team had nothing left to give after the 98 snaps and the short week.

Ravens possessions in order:
FG
Missed FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
End of Half Kneel
Punt
Punt
Punt
Fumble 6
Punt
TD
INT

In conclusion... TNF sucks.

Simba

Staff Member
I don’t know what the fuck I just watched but I’m sure it was not football

Overall pathetic showing. It’s a shame because we actually had a stellar showing on D most of the game and then blew it all on missed assignments on D and an offense that couldnt adjust for shit.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Until he got injured I liked what Watkins brought to this offense but holy fuck he single handedly lost us this game. Also fuck the refs for saying that Andrews didn't catch that pass while Watkins was a catch and a fumble.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t know what the fuck I just watched but I’m sure it was not football

Overall pathetic showing. It’s a shame because we actually had a stellar showing on D most of the game and then blew it all on missed assignments on D and an offense that couldnt adjust for shit.
I was texting Truth the same thing, but that was before the last big play. We need solve those big plays and unfortunately I don't think that happens until next season. I'm not going to take any credit away from the Fins, but I don't think we lose this game if we have regular rest and play on a Sunday. I've said over and over again that the away team has a huge disadvantage on Thursday night games, with less practice time and not really having any downtime to let your body heal from Sunday. I've said this a lot over the years and the NFL says they are about player safety. My ass they are.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
It’s a bad sign for the future. They got fucking destroyed by a 2-7 team. Not even just because of short week, road game sloppiness or ref bs. Just straight up clowned on at every level. For a team that’s literally 4 plays away from being 2-7 themselves, the Ravens really played like it. Not even sure it’s safe to expect any more wins this season. I think they’ll win at least one more, but I’m not sure which game it’ll be.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
un partido para despedir a varios integrantes , jugadores y coaches.
por empezar al encargado de la preparación fisica, no tenemos velocidad, no podemos tacklear, no podemos correr, no podemos empujar, no podemos saltar, no podemos agarrar fuerte el balón.
sin Lamar, somos un equipo top 3 en el draft.
devuelvanme a mis Ravens fisicos, defensivos y arrogantes, no estos suaves...

a game to fire several members, players and coaches.
To start with the person in charge of physical preparation, we don't have speed, we can't tackle, we can't run, we can't push, we can't jump, we can't hold the ball hard.
Without Lamar, we are a top 3 team in the draft.
Give me back my physical, defensive and arrogant Ravens, not these soft ones ...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I told my wife at around 7:45 that if I was a betting man I’d put 500 smackaroonies on Miami to win outright. I fucking wish I did.

I am now on the fire Greg Roman train, I’ve been dead against it, but Lamar has shown that he doesn’t need the Roman run game to lean on, he’s being handcuffed at this point. Greg Roman can not implement hot receivers to save his life, they’re sending the house with sticks coverage literally all night and not trying to disguise a fucking thing, and Roman’s answer is to send half the receivers deep and the other half run straight to the nearest db and turn around and wait for the ball.

Watkins should’ve stayed on the fucking trainers table where he wasn’t costing us games. Hollywood had another Soulja moment. Ben powers and chuck Clark have been the worst players on the team for the past 3 games. Bradley Bozeman has been a severe disappointment and I’m not feeling great about offering him a deal but I bet he’ll get one anyway. Oliver needs to go. We need to straight up abandon the run if we haven’t opened up the pass. Why can we not chip rushers? Why can chuck Clark not see a wheel route? Why can we not capitalize on opportunities?

Fucking guys looked hungover and confused and just shellshocked out there.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar did not play great tonight. He also wasn't awful - he had a couple of poor misses on some unforced low throws and 1 miss slightly high to hollywood. But it's unsustainable needing him to be super human just to beat bad or mediocre teams let alone good teams.

In a not great performance, Lamar still accounted for 90%+ of the total offensive output.

We really needed someone to break a tackle or make someone miss but I only saw Andrews do that twice and Bateman do it once all game and that was it.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

it's on film now
we know what other teams are gonna try and do to us
we've gotta be better prepared for it - the shit OL isn't gonna cut it as an excuse

Offense was fucking awful. OL isn't getting any better so it is what it is at this point. Tucker misses usually indicate the direction a game will go. The constant mistakes on def... I just don't understand. Way too much communication still going on too close to the whistle and guys look confused.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Roman called a horrible game but the OL protection and communication was even worse. OL looked confused every play coupled with poor snaps. Lamar was off but clearly frustrated with the amount of issues he had to deal with.
Lack of RBs with burst is a big problem, some yards left on the field that we could have gotten if someone quicker was carrying the Football.
Watkins was an abomination today. Pulled up on his route which caused him to miss out on an easy TD, Fumbled the football which led to 6 for and just overall was nowhere to be found. He seriously pissed me off today.
Offense was in good field position and couldn't adjust to the zero blitz--they'll be seeing more of that this season, especially without the run game we're used to having.

Yeah the defense played well but they continue to allow big plays. Plays of 64, 52, and 35 were allowed today. No one picked up Wilson when he motioned left, wtf was that? Defense ranked 31st against the pass for a reason.....
It's pretty obvious that this defense badly lacks playmakers. No one can get their hands on the ball, plenty of guys had good leverage and yet were too concerned with batting the ball down instead of making a play. We have to heavily consider drafting a safety round 1 or signing one.

Justin Houston was a monster this game, Oweh two, Edges were a bright spot today.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't know if this is true or not, but did Lamar or Harbs said "Thank God we played Miami" when they embraced after winning last week? If so, that was the handwriting on the wall.

This was a huge wake up call for this team. However, I think the downward spiral begins. I get it, each week is different, but our biggest issues continue to show up and show up HUGE. This was the one game I didn't want to lose for personal reasons. Also, this hurts us for AFC wild card purposes.

Simba

Staff Member
Major props to the Dolphins D though. I know our offense is putrid and they played fast and hard. No fear playing again Lamar. They’ve set the blueprint now. We need to adjust or it’s season over.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It looks like the injuries are finally coming home to roost.
I really don’t like our chances in the division and really for the rest of the season.

Losing Elliott really hurt us tonight .

Roman was a disgrace.

The offensive line was a joke.

The coaches overall got blown out by the Miami’s coaches .

Simba

Staff Member
im still not sure what happened on that coverage - just seemed like some guys were playing man some playing zone

i have a sneaky suspicion it was westry who got it wrong and didnt travel with the motion

Hard to say for sure but Stephens and Queen also got washed up in the middle if it was a pass off. Queen started motioning that way so not sure. Would agree that it was Westrycbut obviously hard to confirm.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

it's on film now
we know what other teams are gonna try and do to us
we've gotta be better prepared for it - the shit OL isn't gonna cut it as an excuse

If we see anything close to this again I swear to god Roman needs to be right out the door with no hesitation. This is elementary shit to beat in the nfl, RUN A FUCKING QUICK SLANT! Seriously it’s that simple. Run. A fucking. Slant. And again. And again. And fucking again until they start dropping blitzers. Then run a slant elsewhere. Rinse and repeat for fucks sake. Greg Roman can be so brilliant with his blocking schemes but he is still such a fucking amateur in his passing concepts. If he sees this same approach at any point this season and he doesn’t shred tf out of it, or at least show an understanding of how to beat it, he’s gotta go, straight up.

this was the single worst coordinated game I’ve seen for the ravens.