• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Murphy's Law, The Ugly and The Uglier

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon with the subtle coach call out.

mutiny!

I love it.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
we were talking about the second coverage bust

but on the first one yeah i think having looked at it again both stone and averett got it wrong - looked like cover 3 to me and averett let it go - averett played well tonight but that was a bad look that he busted the coverage and then didnt try to run back and get back in the play - stone ended up running it down
Yep, yep. I was referring to the second and then mentioning the first to emphasize with Clark's tough responsibilities post-catch. Agreed on the rest.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was on the ten yard line. It looked like it was gonna be a hole in one and then he just pulled up. I went fucking insane.

imagine how different this game would/could have been if we punished the all-out blitz on the 1st drive with a deep TD - literally game-changing - the difference in the outcome of that play was more than just the 4 points, it was part of a larger philosophical war and that would have been a significant pre-emptive strike on the concept that ultimately killed us the whole game

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I was on the ten yard line. It looked like it was gonna be a hole in one and then he just pulled up. I went fucking insane.
No way! I didn't read your first post correctly and hadn't realized you were there and that close. Big oof. I'm sorry, man.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not quite enamored with out routes against potential free-rushers. By nature of the first three seconds, your QB is unlikely to be able to step into the throw. Much rather get an in-breaking route.

As we suspected, this beat up team is ass and gets bailed out by Lamar. When he has a rare off game we lose bad, he is carrying everyone and simply doesn't have enough help.

If we didn't have Lamar we'd be a 3-13

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not quite enamored with out routes against potential free-rushers. By nature of the first three seconds, your QB is unlikely to be able to step into the throw. Much rather get an in-breaking route.

especially because if your OL blocks it correctly, then the free rushers are outside which means any hot route outside puts the free rusher in the throwing lane

it's why you see so many hot routes be slants or stop routes

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
especially because if your OL blocks it correctly, then the free rushers are outside which means any hot route outside puts the free rusher in the throwing lane

it's why you see so many hot routes be slants or stop routes
Exactly. And then QB has to either sail it towards the sideline or throw it low to avoid the undercut. In either case, it's almost certainly a low-reward play. Even on that terrific play by Bateman, Byron Jones was an inch from an interception. If he doesn't dive, it's a 6-7 yard gain. Not to mention that the game-sealing INT by Coleman was also to an out route in the face of a free-rusher, whom was forcing Lamar to drift further back during throw.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I need to see the All 22 of this game... I'm too angry to go to sleep and watching back what Kurt Warner and Steve Smith Sr. said, and I just can't help but think the way Warner broke it down is the same thing happening again. Route wise we just aren't helping Lamar at all, there is no creativity, this explains why are receivers can't get separation. Either Roman goes or Harbaugh goes if he continues to be too stubborn and not fire Roman.

For those who don't remember here's the links to what Warner and Smith said...

Steve Smith:

Kurt Warner:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was sitting a few rows behind the ravens bench today. I got a good look at those trenches.

I can’t get mad at Roman….that O-line man

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was sitting a few rows behind the ravens bench today. I got a good look at those trenches.

I can’t get mad at Roman….that O-line man
You ain’t lying. I was in 121. There were plays where I didn’t even see o lineman near Lamar. It was just dolphins in the backfield

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
You ain’t lying. I was in 121. There were plays where I didn’t even see o lineman near Lamar. It was just dolphins in the backfield

I was in section 119. Lamar was very frustrated and I saw him yell/give himself a time out