• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 DB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Second round #SIIE on deck! @JAAM

it's notable that the only other guy who gave chase problems (even though chase technically put 200 yds on him) was aj terrell who's already looking like one of the best corners in the NFL in year 2

definitely bodes well for mccreary (here's the all-22 of him vs chase in 2019):

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stingley is going to be a star in this league. No question about it. I'm not as sure about Gardner. I think he has promise but I also see some bust potential in him for some reason. I really hope teams pass on Stingley and he falls cause man, hes a difference maker. We need more ball hawks on this team dramatically

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Stingley is going to be a star in this league. No question about it. I'm not as sure about Gardner. I think he has promise but I also see some bust potential in him for some reason. I really hope teams pass on Stingley and he falls cause man, hes a difference maker. We need more ball hawks on this team dramatically

i agree with you - it's why ive got stingley over gardner but i do think gardner's an awesome prospect too... i think of him in a similar way to how i thought about jaycee horn last year: physical but maybe a little overly grabby at times in a way that doesnt get called in college but might in the NFL if he doesnt train it out of himself and i have a few minor questions about just how great his reactive athleticism is but i still think he's a great prospect

but...

with stingley the only questions i have are related to his injuries... and i think if you reversed his career so that his 2019 season was his 2021 season, that he'd be in the conversation for number the 1 overall pick

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i agree with you - it's why ive got stingley over gardner but i do think gardner's an awesome prospect too... i think of him in a similar way to how i thought about jaycee horn last year: physical but maybe a little overly grabby at times in a way that doesnt get called in college but might in the NFL if he doesnt train it out of himself and i have a few minor questions about just how great his reactive athleticism is but i still think he's a great prospect

but...

with stingley the only questions i have are related to his injuries... and i think if you reversed his career so that his 2019 season was his 2021 season, that he'd be in the conversation for number the 1 overall

but...

with stingley the only questions i have are related to his injuries... and i think if you reversed his career so that his 2019 season was his 2021 season, that he'd be in the conversation for number the 1 overall pick
Hell I'd even trade up for him if he falls. But we never trade up like that. If the cant miss talents are all gone then we gotta trade back. It's a weird class and honestly I hate picking at 14 this year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hell I'd even trade up for him if he falls. But we never trade up like that. If the cant miss talents are all gone then we gotta trade back. It's a weird class and honestly I hate picking at 14 this year

obviously id rather the 14th pick than later but yeah 14 feels like it could be potential no-man's land... might be too late for the blue-chips and too early to feel great about the next tier of guys

but to get one of the top 10 guys all it takes is 4 guys going ahead of us who arent in that big 10... WRs, QBs, LBs, Penning, Karlaftis, Ojabo... all it takes is 4 of them to go ahead of us and we get a top tier talent that we'd rarely even get a sniff at

derek stingley definitely feels like the guy out of that top group most likely to fall to us though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The ball skills that DSJ has are out of this world and maybe the best I've ever seen. No way we pass on him if he makes it to us. Not a chance in hell. Having him and Peters in the same secondary is almost unfair. I do wonder if it is true that he has motivation and dedication issues and doesn't give full effort. Mel Kiper said he had heard that he may not be taken until the 20s and thinks that is odd because his 2019 tape is better than Sauce.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think linderbaum (the C you're talking about) is a great prospect but not a good fit for the ravens at all - gonna be a much better fit for a zone-based running scheme and out of a division that's notorious for having massive and long nose tackles

ive got 10 prospects i love at 14 and if none of them are there then im 100% an advocate for trading down albeit trading down in this class might be a little tricky with the draft order

in a trade down id be looking (personally) at any of the top 6 edge guys who haven't gone yet (most likely 2 guys still available would be David Ojabo or George Karlaftis but equally both could go high too), Jordan Davis (if he hasn't been scooped up yet), Daxton Hill, Devin Lloyd, Devonte Wyatt, Andrew Booth Jr or maybe even Boye Mafe (would feel a lot like the odafe oweh pick last year if we dropped back to the late 20s/30s and took mafe)
I could also see us scooping up Drake Jackson. He's similar to Ojabo with less physicality and if Ojabo doesn't get all his athleticism back after tearing his achilles, Drake Jackson could be better.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I could also see us scooping up Drake Jackson. He's similar to Ojabo with less physicality and if Ojabo doesn't get all his athleticism back after tearing his achilles, Drake Jackson could be better.
I really like drake Jackson, seems like he’s super slept on. Great burst and bend, length with active hands. Classic case of a dude who is a great athlete and a good football player who just needs some coaching and reps

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I really like drake Jackson, seems like he’s super slept on. Great burst and bend, length with active hands. Classic case of a dude who is a great athlete and a good football player who just needs some coaching and reps
yep, big fan of his. I also took him in the Forum Mock. Late in the 2nd round.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Turned up at his pro day rocked up at around 270lbs and apparently the nfl is higher on him than media right now - think he’s one of those sleepers who could sneak into R1 - I really like him but he’s risky as a pick in R1 and could easily bust but would be very hard to pass up at 45

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Turned up at his pro day rocked up at around 270lbs and apparently the nfl is higher on him than media right now - think he’s one of those sleepers who could sneak into R1 - I really like him but he’s risky as a pick in R1 and could easily bust but would be very hard to pass up at 45
I absolutely believe he has a chance to land in the first round. I believe this is who Ojabo is, if he doesn't get back to 100%. He needs to get more physical, but this will come once he gets into an NFL weight room.