• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire John Harbaugh Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
After Harbaugh's admission the 4th&12 defensive play call was his (as @arnie_uk pointed out in the other thread), it's becoming clear(er) what's going on with the Ravens since the SB win 2013. He has his fingers dipped in too many jars and isn't capable of getting the Ravens back into the group of relevant teams the way he thinks it should be done.

We are one of only 8 teams to not make it to the playoffs over last 3 years.

I wish Bisciotti will realise sooner rather than later this is not working and let him go.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
After Harbaugh's admission the 4th&12 defensive play call was his (as @arnie_uk pointed out in the other thread), it's becoming clear(er) what's going on with the Ravens since the SB win 2013. He has his fingers dipped in too many jars and isn't capable of getting the Ravens back into the group of relevant teams the way he thinks it should be done.

We are one of only 8 teams to not make it to the playoffs over last 3 years.

I wish Bisciotti will realise sooner rather than later this is not working and let him go.
He admitted he was involved but didn’t say he made the play call.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He is the head coach and most head coaches do get involved in the other side of the ball. Sean McVay mentioned it at one point during the season as well. It’s not uncommon and if the okay worked people would be gearing up to play the Chiefs.

I’m upset because they didn’t call a timeout once the Bengals lined up, it’s not like they would have changed the play much if we had callled a timeout. Sure they may have run a different variation, but that’s it.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Lol Harbaugh is a great coach and I don’t really care how many negs I get for this but he keeps his team focused and motivated every week of the season I’ll go back to what Tsizzle said he gave all the credit for our season coming back together after the bye to Harbaugh who didn’t let them get a case of the fuck it’s not a lot of coaches can do that... teams were asking to hire him right after the season in hopes he was fired according to Ian rap that alone speaks to how covet he is as a coach

I don't see anything wrong with a Tampa 2 call. It was the correct call considering that Mosley is responsible for dropping into the seam. I just wish they had Webb as the safety instead of Canady and Mosley above the sticks but that's just my opinion.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I don't see anything wrong with a Tampa 2 call. It was the correct call considering that Mosley is responsible for dropping into the seam. I just wish they had Webb as the safety instead of Canady and Mosley above the sticks but that's just my opinion.
I’m his presser doesn’t he pretty much blame Canady without saying his name saying a young guy just made a mistake

I’m his presser doesn’t he pretty much blame Canady without saying his name saying a young guy just made a mistake
I don't know if you can put it completely on him because that's not a place he's been in that often. Coaches job is to know where a guy like Canady should be at to succeed. It's almost a fish out of water situation.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol Harbaugh is a great coach and I don’t really care how many negs I get for this but he keeps his team focused and motivated every week of the season I’ll go back to what Tsizzle said he gave all the credit for our season coming back together after the bye to Harbaugh who didn’t let them get a case of the fuck it’s not a lot of coaches can do that... teams were asking to hire him right after the season in hopes he was fired according to Ian rap that alone speaks to how covet he is as a coach
It’s not always greener on the other side and it’s pretty darn hard to find a coach as good as Harbaugh. I, wirh you, I don’t care how many negs I get for this. Most teams would have given up on the season before the bye week.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I don't know if you can put it completely on him because that's not a place he's been in that often. Coaches job is to know where a guy like Canady should be at to succeed. It's almost a fish out of water situation.
No I for sure agree with you but we’ve all been trying to decide who was out of position that’s why I said that!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He admitted he was involved but didn’t say he made the play call.

I agree with this - it would be irresponsible of the head coach not to get involved in that play call - and with everything that a lot of people have said about the design on this very forum I think I agree with harbs that it was a good call that was poorly executed

I also feel pretty sure that harbs is part of the reason why our playcalling changed towards the end of the year - our scripted plays for a while looked a lot better than our offence in general and I think that indicates that harbs was pushing Marty to be more expansive and creative despite his lack of resources

Of all the things I can kill harbs for this year I don’t think getting involved in the playcalling is one of them

Use of personnel fine, not changing coordinators fine but playcalling I don’t think is a legitimate criticism if I’m honest

rossihunter2

Staff Member

If I remember correctly he seemed to suggest multiple guys didn’t do their job but yeah I assume canady is one of them - but there’s no need for him to say that out loud to the press - this guys a 2nd year player who hadn’t even been active until like week 8 of his 2nd year and who for the most part has played astonishingly well until that bengals game

Harbs achieves nothing by throwing canady (or anyone) under the bus

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree with this - it would be irresponsible of the head coach not to get involved in that play call - and with everything that a lot of people have said about the design on this very forum I think I agree with harbs that it was a good call that was poorly executed

I also feel pretty sure that harbs is part of the reason why our playcalling changed towards the end of the year - our scripted plays for a while looked a lot better than our offence in general and I think that indicates that harbs was pushing Marty to be more expansive and creative despite his lack of resources

Of all the things I can kill harbs for this year I don’t think getting involved in the playcalling is one of them

Use of personnel fine, not changing coordinators fine but playcalling I don’t think is a legitimate criticism if I’m honest
Very interesting take to think he was behind the offensive playcalling change. In regards to use of personnel, I always have attributed the defensive personnel usage to Pees, not Harbaugh, atleast the last couple yrs.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
If I remember correctly he seemed to suggest multiple guys didn’t do their job but yeah I assume canady is one of them - but there’s no need for him to say that out loud to the press - this guys a 2nd year player who hadn’t even been active until like week 8 of his 2nd year and who for the most part has played astonishingly well until that bengals game

I do think putting webby on the field for that play would’ve been smart just because of his experience but hey that’s the only way young guys will learn

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Over the years I have lost a ton of respect for coaches that throw players under the bus while talking to the media. That should be held in private.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Very interesting take to think he was behind the offensive playcalling change. In regards to use of personnel, I always have attributed the defensive personnel usage to Pees, not Harbaugh, atleast the last couple yrs.

I do think putting webby on the field for that play would’ve been smart just because of his experience but hey that’s the only way young guys will learn

I don’t say for certain but you can’t just cherry pick the plays you like and didn’t like and assume the bad ones were harbs fault and the good ones were not

And I like canady and don’t think webby should necessarily have been there in stead I just wish canady had not been put in a situation where his mistake ruins the whole defence - that’s a lot of pressure to put on a young guy in a critical situation

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Harball has his strong points. But it's not what the team needs as of now. And It's his weak points that are hurting the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.