• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Fire John Harbaugh Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
There's an inherent flaw in arguing about the last playcall given we've had like 5 days to think about it and the coaching staff had like 15 seconds or whatever.
They also get paid millions to do it.
And are able to use a timeout if something doesn't seem right, after QB motions players out.
Every bloody year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If weddle was at the sticks rather than showing blitz, and if Mosley was showing an edge blitz, neither player is late to their zone and Mosley probably tips it or even picks it off. Mosley had to travel another 4-5 yards diagonally because he was lined up in the A gap. Once again the playcall got too damn cute and it would've been damn near impossible to execute. If they need 12+ yards and your LB is responsible for the right seam on a play that's going deep, then you gotta put him in a position where he can properly defend it. If Mosley was showing an edge blitz then he is 3 steps tighter on Boyd and he got UP there for that ball, if he is 3 steps tighter on boyd then he tips it.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
After Harbaugh's admission the 4th&12 defensive play call was his (as @arnie_uk pointed out in the other thread), it's becoming clear(er) what's going on with the Ravens since the SB win 2013. He has his fingers dipped in too many jars and isn't capable of getting the Ravens back into the group of relevant teams the way he thinks it should be done.

We are one of only 8 teams to not make it to the playoffs over last 3 years.

I wish Bisciotti will realise sooner rather than later this is not working and let him go.

Well said

clear them all out. harball cuz no raven coach has ever more earned the exit, Ozze because he's old and lost his magic, Decost because he's even worse than old ozze, Morningwig cuz 4 yards per throw and no YAC is killing us and Stevie B, because he has no clue and once fell into a good thing.

Let's give him better offensive talent next year. As well as something that at least resembles a pass rush then next season we can talk about parting ways with him.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
All those fans clamoring for heads rolling when we were 1 play away from the playoffs with an inconsistent QB, the worst skill players group in the NFL, an OL picked up on the street, your best offensive player and defensive player on IR, and half of your most promising youngsters on IR (not to mention Pees doing nothing of the draftees even though they showed they belong).
That's not how it works in the NFL guys.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
In Germany so sorry for the late/somewhat redundant reply but here's my two cents. Here's the thing. I want Harbaugh gone too because he refuses to fire Marty but I get the logic behind keeping him. With the amount of injuries we had this season and the crap on offense that was out of his or Marty's control(crap personel and terrible at times play from Flacco)... I get why we're keeping him. I mean, I don't support it 100%... But I get it.

That said. If he misses the playoffs another year he's gone.

The Raven

Veteran
There's an inherent flaw in arguing about the last playcall given we've had like 5 days to think about it and the coaching staff had like 15 seconds or whatever.
I think the call was made assuming that the Bengals were going for the first down and not the touchdown. Cover 2 covers the underneath routes but they squeezed one in the seam which is the cover 2's weakness. I can't argue with a cover 2 call based on the likely reasoning, but I probably would have simply went man up 2 deep or cover 3, and for one reason: you can live with a first down there, but you can't live with a touchdown there.

Also a good call to not show blitz there. we shouldn't have done that.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think the call was made assuming that the Bengals were going for the first down and not the touchdown. Cover 2 covers the underneath routes but they squeezed one in the seam which is the cover 2's weakness. I can't argue with a cover 2 call based on the likely reasoning, but I probably would have simply went man up 2 deep or cover 3, and for one reason: you can live with a first down there, but you can't live with a touchdown there.

Also a good call to not show blitz there. we shouldn't have done that.
I have to say that giving up a first there likely means OT, trying to prevent that was the right call, but in your next segment you point out the wrong call, we showed blitz with the whole front and a safety and only rushed 4, we made it impossible for our cover guys to, well... cover. With us showing so much blitz we left so many people playing catch up with no pressure, if the bengals challenged deep away from the bracketed coverage then we didn't have the underneath, which was the fatal flaw of the play call, canady missing the tackle was a fatal blown assignment, but it should've never gotten there, weddle should've been right there to read daltons telegraphed throw and undercut it, Mosley should've been in position to tip it, canady to be the safety net, but instead we have everyone come up short and put that whole situation on a year 2 6th rounder who has barely played in this league and is way out of position.

I'm of full belief that weddle lined up at the sticks and Mosley either showing an edge blitz as opposed to an A gap, or Mosley just lined up off the ball, results in a win. And if you're gonna show all that blitz, at least commit one of them, when you put that much pressure on your cover guys but none of the qb you're gonna get fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.