• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I should be happy with this win, but eh. I just hope we can survive this gauntlet......

........continuing on with this gauntlet. No other team has given Lamar more fits than the Steelers. Pisses me off to no end as I think this will continue. Packed crowd. Steelers coming off an embarrassing loss to a team who has a WR that said they quit in their last matchup. I think the only way we win this game is we run the ball well (LOL) and we win the turnover battle (LMAOOOOOO).

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
We're the better team, but I expect them to play us tough especially coming off a blowout loss. Lamar needs to make better decisions in this game and take care of the football or it could be another rough game.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like with hobbled Baker wink blitzing every play is actually a good thing against Ben

Not this week. Ben is a much smarter Qb than baker and will find ways to exploit. Keep everything in front of you and do not allow 1v1opportunities. Their offense lives and dies on YAC, so let’s not help them out by leaving our guys on an island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This might have one of those classic Ravens Steelers scores and not because the defenses played well. We better not lose this game. Their offense is terrible.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
After the way the Ravens have played recently, despite the Ws. I'm not sure how many more games we can win if truth be told. I was so bullish on this team because they seemed to find a way to win and were still playing ugly football. I think we've been lucky and not necessarily good. I hope we can really pick it up and start playing well over the next few games. If we make the playoffs, luck isn't going to be such a big factor.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not this week. Ben is a much smarter Qb than baker and will find ways to exploit. Keep everything in front of you and do not allow 1v1opportunities. Their offense lives and dies on YAC, so let’s not help them out by leaving our guys on an island.

They’re built to beat the blitz, but wink is gonna be all “Ben old go hit old ben we win” and the Steelers offense is gonna be like “alright Ben’s gonna retire soon anyway so we don’t care if he takes hits, we’ll take those huge openings for quick easy passes though”

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

We’ll be fine

12 int through 11 games is concerning. Especially some of the throws last night. Between the Oline issues and lack of running game, Lamar has had to do it all. I think we’re seeing him crack a little under that pressure. Thankfully he got some support from our defense, now he just needs some love from the running game. Not sure that’s happening though

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
12 int through 11 games is concerning. Especially some of the throws last night. Between the Oline issues and lack of running game, Lamar has had to do it all. I think we’re seeing him crack a little under that pressure. Thankfully he got some support from our defense, now he just needs some love from the running game. Not sure that’s happening though

I mean it's higher than it should be, but ignoring last nights game, it wasn't a concern at all for me really. Gotta realize he's going to blow the doors off any of his prior pass attempt amounts. More pass attempts = more INTs. Prior to last nights game, his INT % was roughly 2.6%, which is basically the same as it was last year.
At 2.6%, he's in the ballpark on an INT basis with guys like Mahomes, Josh Allen, Kyler, Stafford, and Herbert. All those guys are likely to end up with 15+ INTs before the season is over.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean it's higher than it should be, but ignoring last nights game, it wasn't a concern at all for me really. Gotta realize he's going to blow the doors off any of his prior pass attempt amounts. More pass attempts = more INTs. Prior to last nights game, his INT % was roughly 2.6%, which is basically the same as it was last year.
At 2.6%, he's in the ballpark on an INT basis with guys like Mahomes, Josh Allen, Kyler, Stafford, and Herbert. All those guys are likely to end up with 15+ INTs before the season is over.

The thing is though all of the names listed have been having turnover trouble holding them back at some point in the year (for all but Mahomes that some point is now) so that isn’t actually good company.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The thing is though all of the names listed have been having turnover trouble holding them back at some point in the year (for all but Mahomes that some point is now) so that isn’t actually good company.
Right, but my point is that a) when you increase a QBs volume, his INTs are highly likely to go up, which I think a lot of fans just look at raw numbers and come up with some sort of arbitrary amount they expect him to throw or not throw and b) there are plenty of really great QBs out there who have high turnover rates. Very few QBs end up like Rodgers, who is like all-time NFL elite at not throwing INTs.

Considering that a good chunk of the population still thinks Lamar is a running back who just occasionally throws the ball, I don't have any issue with his turnover rates being in the company of QBs who are deemed to be pretty high end passers in the league.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Talking to a couple of Steelers fans in a private Discord chat that I'm part of and they think our running game will have a good day against them. From one of them: "This Steeler team doesn't have the talent on the second level to handle the run game of anyone at moment. This team has given up 550 yards on the ground the past 3 weeks." Interesting stuff....still don't trust our running game though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Talking to a couple of Steelers fans in a private Discord chat that I'm part of and they think our running game will have a good day against them. From one of them: "This Steeler team doesn't have the talent on the second level to handle the run game of anyone at moment. This team has given up 550 yards on the ground the past 3 weeks." Interesting stuff....still don't trust our running game though.
We’re not about to suddenly start running well against the Steelers lol. It takes a mixture of poor talent and fundamentally flawed defensive concepts for this run game to get going

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
True. Its just theirs will look better because they may have a lot of tds. 25 and 15 looks bad while 40 and 15 doesnt look as bad