• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Inside Linebacker Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Extremely deep class of ILB. Smith and Evans are game changing talents but no reason to panick if they're not here when we pick

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The only way I'd take an ILB in the 1st is if we leave Mosley on his 1 yr option and the only one would be Smith considering the value since he's top 10 talent.

arnie_uk

Veteran
The only way I'd take an ILB in the 1st is if we leave Mosley on his 1 yr option and the only one would be Smith considering the value since he's top 10 talent.
Don't think this is right. Sign mosley to 5 years ie 4 yr extension. By the time smiths rookie deal with 5 yr option is over you can let mosely go and re sign smith. Mlb set for 10 years

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't think this is right. Sign mosley to 5 years ie 4 yr extension. By the time smiths rookie deal with 5 yr option is over you can let mosely go and re sign smith. Mlb set for 10 years
I'd prefer taking Rahsaan Evans and doing exactly this with Evans Mosley and bowser as a 4-3 lb corps. I would 100% be on board

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I just looked up Tremaine Edmunds. Well fuck me that is some crazy athleticism. Closing speed is fucken elite

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
How long before Evans takes over Smith as the number one ILB in the eyes of the draft community?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How long before Evans takes over Smith as the number one ILB in the eyes of the draft community?
I don't think it happens, but I do think he may be viewed as a sexier pick, Evans is unquestioned starter material at ILB but he also edge rushes at a high level and can play any lb spot in a 43 or 34. Sort of like a bigger jaylon smith.

But roquan smith is the best MLB prospect since Mosley and I don't think anyone can argue otherwise, he is really good.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think Evans comes with less insurance as you're not sure what his best fit is at the next level. He doesn't have the processing speed that Roquan has so his transition to the next level may be harder.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't think it happens, but I do think he may be viewed as a sexier pick, Evans is unquestioned starter material at ILB but he also edge rushes at a high level and can play any lb spot in a 43 or 34. Sort of like a bigger jaylon smith.

But roquan smith is the best MLB prospect since Mosley and I don't think anyone can argue otherwise, he is really good.
Evans would be perfect complement to CJ Mosley. Unbelievable fit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Evans would be perfect complement to CJ Mosley. Unbelievable fit.
Agreed, having one pro bowl ILB makes me pause on taking another ILB but taking him allows to us to better use all of our personnel. Mosley at middle, bowser and Evans outside, henry and idk who else at DT, and then Suggs with Judon and twill at DE. I just like a 43 attack style so much better and Evans would allow us to make a seamless transition

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
There are things I prefer about Evans. He's a little more intuitive and a little more decisive when it comes to the run game. There are games where Smith is indecisive and allows a guard to reach him...even backing up and once that happens he is done. He has a hard time disengaging.

Evans tackles high consistently and I don't know why it's just now occurring to me but it bothers me a lot...He's physical but I'm not positive he's a great tackler. I haven't seen him make a play one on one in space. Perhaps I'm forgetting some.

They're close in some regards and of course a little different but I'm pretty sure I prefer Smith.