• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Inside Linebacker Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really like Skai Moore from South Carolina. His zone coverages skills are impressive, always reading the eyes of the QB.
Moore can become a really good linebacker/safety hybrid in the NFL. He's a bit undersized, but if he came here he'd be playing behind Williams and Pierce, letting him roam free and make plays.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Watching Frank "The Tank" Ginda play is a real treat. His instincts are incredible. He either knew the play before the ball was snapped, or did a great job of reading the first step by the offensive players. And he does a fantastic job of getting through traffic and bringing down the ball carrier. He just screams late round Ravens' linebacker pick to me. Given the level of competition at the ILB spot next to Mosley, it wouldn't shock me if he just kept getting more and more playing time as the season progressed. He could be the last great late round defensive find for Ozzie.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just looked up Tremaine Edmunds. Well fuck me that is some crazy athleticism. Closing speed is fucken elite
He's my favorite ILB in this class AND he's only 19 years old. After Minkah and Chubb he's my favorite defensive player in this draft. No way he's available at sixteen. Not a chance.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

Watching Frank "The Tank" Ginda play is a real treat. His instincts are incredible. He either knew the play before the ball was snapped, or did a great job of reading the first step by the offensive players. And he does a fantastic job of getting through traffic and bringing down the ball carrier. He just screams late round Ravens' linebacker pick to me. Given the level of competition at the ILB spot next to Mosley, it wouldn't shock me if he just kept getting more and more playing time as the season progressed. He could be the last great late round defensive find for Ozzie.

I've been watching him as well. I know very little about him in terms of measurables ... But in his highlight reels, his instincts are just impressive. You see the same traits from his sophomore highlights.
Great feel in coverage...shows impressive pre snap play recognition. Good tackler....does great job getting off blocks with eyes on the ball carrier.
Would prefer to see entire games of course.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I’d take Edmunds and Evans over Smith personally. I’d LOVE Edmunds to be the pick here and wouldn’t mind Evans too much.

Smith is the most overhyped player in the draft behind Allen. This isn’t Derwin James who I think is going to be a good player. If Smith isn’t in the right situation he’s going to be a disappointmentZ

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I was always on the Jack train. Just saying.
As was everyone, I myself was a firm supporter of his as the No6 pick. But that would have been ignoring the knee issues that were undoubtedly real, just one year removed from losing our first round pick along with several key players to knee injuries.

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Was all on the Jack train! like @Jacquouille without the injuries he would have been a number 6 pick.

Still can't believe he lap dropped to us with our 2nd round pick...and we traded back...TWICE!!!

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Was all on the Jack train! like @Jacquouille without the injuries he would have been a number 6 pick.

Still can't believe he lap dropped to us with our 2nd round pick...and we traded back...TWICE!!!
Because his knee can blow up on any given play and I find it very hypocritical that fans want that kind of player yet complain about all our injuries...

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Because his knee can blow up on any given play and I find it very hypocritical that fans want that kind of player yet complain about all our injuries...

Agreed when we are talking pick 6 completely and he was never in play for that pick due to this.

But with a 2nd rounder he was IMO completely worth the risk

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d take Edmunds and Evans over Smith personally. I’d LOVE Edmunds to be the pick here and wouldn’t mind Evans too much.

Smith is the most overhyped player in the draft behind Allen. This isn’t Derwin James who I think is going to be a good player. If Smith isn’t in the right situation he’s going to be a disappointmentZ
I still like smith and think he compares very well to Foster last year except without the off feild issues. I do think he struggles more in coverage than the other 2 do. Hes a small MIKE linebacker while Edmunds is a big WILL linebacker. Its weird to say that bit i dont think Edmunds will be calling the shots at the next level. I think hes better off flying around the feild while Roquan can get everyone set and be at the right place. I still really like him as i think he has the best instincts of the 3 and the better tackler.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the 2nd round trade back was a good call even in hindsight. It's how we got Tavon Young, who had a great rookie season. We're still thin a cb, so Tavon will be a really important part of our defense.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think the 2nd round trade back was a good call even in hindsight. It's how we got Tavon Young, who had a great rookie season. We're still thin a cb, so Tavon will be a really important part of our defense.
And Judon