• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Battling, The Injuries and More Injuries

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i think tyrod had better arm talent but that's by the by - if huntley continues to progress he might get a shot somewhere if he finds the right QB battle and coach like tyrod did
I thought so, too, but, it had been so long since I'd watched Tyrod. Tyrod had a cannon, if I remember. He just didn't seem to have consistent touch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I thought so, too, but, it had been so long since I'd watched Tyrod. Tyrod had a cannon, if I remember. He just didn't seem to have consistent touch.

and also because of flacco's durability he never had any game time or practice time to develop any of those live skills for 4 years outside of preseason games lol - he did have pretty decent arm strength but was somewhat conservative with it - although when he was in that (ironically Greg Roman) Bills offence, they went bombs away a lot and he thrived in that system early

redrum52

Hall of Famer
this from spencer seems like a pretty good guess as to maybe what he's referring to RE: some sort of rub or traffic to prevent the CB driving on the ball

Saw someone break down the play and they said that they expected more from Proche as he's running his route. Did nothing to take Ward out of the play.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
To try and mention something positive this week, Queen has been playing like a madman. Bateman needs all the snaps when he's not resting. LIke the progress from Stevens. No way I'd believe Westry allowed that horrible td against the Bears the way he's been playing the ball. Somewhat negative, but I wonder how many time Hollywood beats his guys deep to not get thrown to or missed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To try and mention something positive this week, Queen has been playing like a madman. Bateman needs all the snaps when he's not resting. LIke the progress from Stevens. No way I'd believe Westry allowed that horrible td against the Bears the way he's been playing the ball. Somewhat negative, but I wonder how many time Hollywood beats his guys deep to not get thrown to or missed.

even if this season does fizzle out

it's nice that at least it means a fair few of the young guys are getting reps and snaps that they might not have otherwise got

it's perfectly possible that we get 4 starts from our top 4 draft picks this week for the first time - first time they might all see the field in the same week

lots of snaps for lots of young guys:
Bateman
Oweh
Cleveland (possibly - we'll have to see what happens with powers and tyre to finish the week)
Stephens
Queen
Madubuike
Duvernay
Washington
Proche
Stone
Westry

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

Honestly how can we expect to win with this many injuries ? We are 8-5 because of Lamar's early season heroics ,which should have included a Raiders win.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
not only do we only have 3 active OL, but boyle and ricard are both also seemingly unlikely to play lol
What happened to Boyle? Did we bring him back too early? I'm very concerned about our player return protocol. Ronnie and Nick both played one game,then out. Both Pro Bowlers. Ugh.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What happened to Boyle? Did we bring him back too early? I'm very concerned about our player return protocol. Ronnie and Nick both played one game,then out. Both Pro Bowlers. Ugh.

with boyle it's been about managing the injury - not about returning him too early but managing his return (they were always expecting it to be like this) - it's not a setback just monitoring on a day-to-day/week-to-week basis

difference with stanley is that this isn't a setback - it's just part of a slow return from injury

earlier in the week, boyle was one that harbs said he was hopeful might be available this week

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
not only do we only have 3 active OL, but boyle and ricard are both also seemingly unlikely to play lol
Do your really want your injured franchise QB playing under these circumstances? I would doubt it and I think it highly likely now Lamar does not play.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do your really want your injured franchise QB playing under these circumstances? I would doubt it and I think it highly likely now Lamar does not play.

if lamar had been practicing this week, i think they'd find it hard to justify not letting him play (even if they didnt want to let him)
but the fact that he didnt even practice today makes it really easy from many angles to just wrap him up in cotton wool, get out of this hellish week and start again on tuesday

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they're not healthy enough, they're not going to be healthy likely the rest of the year.
So if I'm holding Lamar out now, might as well just shut him down for the season.