• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 15 Green Bay Packers @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm so sick of all this analytics :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

SICK OF IT!

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I agree! It is a gauge but I never like that these coaches oftentimes more than not, take analytics at face value. I want to hear how they feel when the analytics are wrong cause they often are imo.

Our team analytics can't be good with the 2pt conversion, so why keep insisting on it? It might be a better than 50/50 around the league, but I feel like we rarely succeed. And if that's the case, Harbaugh needs to recognize that. That game should still be on the field being determined.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For the Steelers game it made sense since they had no corners left. For this one, I don't know. Just didn't trust the defense? Surely, it wasn't that the offense was so inspiring.

i mean if you're happy with the justification that we had no corners left against the steelers then there's no way you should have any problems with this one - we had even fewer corners left (and of a lower quality) in this game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Brown was open on the 2PT attempt.

that's why i dont like the playcall because it completely takes away 2/3 of the field - the play's designed to go to basically one place - huntley would have to throw back across his body on the move and go to an improvised scramble read - lamar makes those plays sometimes but huntley doesnt have the arm talent or the reads to be able to make that play

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our team analytics can't be good with the 2pt conversion, so why keep insisting on it? It might be a better than 50/50 around the league, but I feel like we rarely succeed. And if that's the case, Harbaugh needs to recognize that. That game should still be on the field being determined.

I believe the Ravens are like 2-7 on 2pt conversions this season? To me that says for them to leave that b.s. alone cause they are not good at it!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To me, common sense says that if the Ravens are 2-7 on 2pt conversions they should kick the FG. :cool:
To me, common sense says that if the ravens defense are 3 of 8 stopping scores on the night that they shouldn’t give Rodgers potentially 2 more chances to win.

you’re results oriented through and through and if we had a better playcall then we likely make the 2 and you’re praising harbaughs grit and brass balls.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
To me, common sense says that if the ravens defense are 3 of 8 stopping scores on the night that they shouldn’t give Rodgers potentially 2 more chances to win.

you’re results oriented through and through and if we had a better playcall then we likely make the 2 and you’re praising harbaughs grit and brass balls.

Now that is the truth where I am concerned. I agree 100%. :D:cool:

The play call and the piss poor execution do leave a very sour taste in my mouth because I believe the Ravens are something like 2/7 on 2pt conversions? Meaning they suck at it so to me, common sense says don't fool with it. Lol! Take your FG, tie the game after coming from 11 pts down to Rodgers and the Pack, and hope to win the coin toss and maybe, your red hot offense can continue to move the chains to end the game with a walk-off TD in OT. Perhaps.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Now that is the truth where I am concerned. I agree 100%. :D:cool:

The play call and the piss poor execution do leave a very sour taste in my mouth because I believe the Ravens are something like 2/7 on 2pt conversions? Meaning they suck at it so to me, common sense says don't fool with it. Lol! Take your FG, tie the game after coming from 11 pts down to Rodgers and the Pack, and hope to win the coin toss and maybe, your red hot offense can continue to move the chains to end the game with a walk-off TD in OT. Perhaps.
Again, 2-7 on 2 point conversions but 3 of 8 on stopping scores on the night. The odds of putting our defense out there are no better. And maybe that red hot offense can be counted on to gain 2 yards. Then factor in that the defense has to stop Rodgers with 47 seconds left, then again if we lose the coin flip, you think we’re gonna get 3 consecutive stops to close out the game?

the odds of us gaining 2 yards are much better than 50/50, the odds of us winning the coin toss are 50/50 and we gotta stop Rodgers just to get to that point.

and the problem with being entirely results oriented is that you can’t make decisions based on results that haven’t happened yet.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Again, 2-7 on 2 point conversions but 3 of 8 on stopping scores on the night. The odds of putting our defense out there are no better. And maybe that red hot offense can be counted on to gain 2 yards. Then factor in that the defense has to stop Rodgers with 47 seconds left, then again if we lose the coin flip, you think we’re gonna get 3 consecutive stops to close out the game?

the odds of us gaining 2 yards are much better than 50/50, the odds of us winning the coin toss are 50/50 and we gotta stop Rodgers just to get to that point.

and the problem with being entirely results oriented is that you can’t make decisions based on results that haven’t happened yet.

I can definitely get with what you are saying. I do love the aggressiveness of trying to win the game. I am all for that but I have absolutely no confidence in this team pulling off these 2 pts conversions. None! The moment that I see them staying on the field to go for 2pts, I start saying; "Awwwwwwwwww :poop::poop:!" :cool:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can definitely get with what you are saying. I do love the aggressiveness of trying to win the game. I am all for that but I have absolutely no confidence in this team pulling off these 2 pts conversions. None! The moment that I see them staying on the field to go for 2pts, I start saying; "Awwwwwwwwww :poop::poop:!" :cool:
It’s the play calls man, you couldn’t put that defense out there, a better play call and we’re having a different conversation, Roman picked literally the most useless shit in our playbook, yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.