• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Grit, The "C" Team and The Endless Bloody Injuries

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think ive come around to many's way of thinking that we do need a change

that being said, the only real complaint about roman i had today was that 2pt conversion playcall - but ive always hated those rollouts even when i thought roman was a good playcaller so...

I can really see it both ways. The thing is though, unless there is some huge meltdown and maybe not even if so, I don't see John moving on from him

right but id rather leave it in the hands of the unit that was playing well and maybe win than leave it in the hands of the unit that's not playing well and maybe go to overtime...

if anything this was harbs letting the players win... he backed them to finish it then and there
Yeah you can look at it either way. We haven’t been very good with the 2 point conv. Lately either. Tbh though overtime could have come down to who wins the coin toss. So maybe it was better to go for it there. But that damn play call though.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yeah you can look at it either way. We haven’t been very good with the 2 point conv. Lately either. Tbh though overtime could have come down to who wins the coin toss. So maybe it was better to go for it there. But that damn play call though.

Harbs has to have someone find all the data on that play and then sit down with Roman and tell him it's off limits if it is truly as bad as we all seem to remember it being

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
I liked Cleveland's work, it gave solidity to that side of the line, Villanueva and Bozeman looked better.
the defense quite good, taking into account all the casualties, it is a shame that wink does not encourage more to rush with 4 men, every time we do it we see good things, when he wanted to become the intelligent Rodgers he had too much fun.
the umpires were vital to keep the packers alive in 2 series that ended in TD, they don't need that help.
I liked how we played in general, luck turned us sideways

Simba

Staff Member
Like last week, proud of this team for continuing to fight even when everything is stacked against them. We clearly don't have NFL level talent on the field and still came close to beating a really good team.

Huntley is a gamer. He's still missing some key NFL attributes to be an impact starter but he's the perfect backup for us.

As everyone else has already alluded to, love going for the win but absolutely hate the play call. Will never understand why you (1) take away half or more of the field and (2) key in on one player and it's that guy or bust essentially. Sure, Huntley could have seen Hollywood coming open but when you script a play like that, you're pretty much going to your first read no matter what. Don't mind scripting something but you need backup options for the QB to get through at least another read.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's the thing - yes we've had some bad luck specifically on 2 pt conversions

but it's just like any other 2 yard money play e.g. 4th and 2 etc. and we're pretty good in those situations generally

you have to back yourself to be able to get 2 yards

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
im not sure honestly - not many offensive coordinators make it to 4 years straight in one job - either get HC jobs, fired, replaced when a regime changes etc. etc.

That's right but I definitely don't see him getting a HC job and we're not moving on from Harbs. So idk

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
right but id rather leave it in the hands of the unit that was playing well and maybe win than leave it in the hands of the unit that's not playing well and maybe go to overtime...

if anything this was harbs letting the players win... he backed them to finish it then and there

I can see that point but still think you take the FG.

Tank

Hall of Famer
yes he was, but once he started rolling out he was too focused on Andrews.
He really didn’t have any other options, wasn’t going to be able to throw back across his body rolling out to the right. Rolling out really limited the choices, couldn’t run either, too much traffic.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's right but I definitely don't see him getting a HC job and we're not moving on from Harbs. So idk

so it's possible that he's just run his course here - that's all i meant - guys dont end up sticking around for whatever reasons

but you're right that it's not necessarily obvious that harbs will change anything - saying that though, idk that many actually thought harbs would move on from marty to GRo the way he did that offseason either...

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I mean does anyone think there is a single team in the NFL that is guaranteed loss if we play them? I don't think so. As weird as it may be, I think this team if it stylistically plays offense more similarly to the last 2 weeks going forward can win any game despite all the injuries. That being said I see an early playoff exit for us, but this team somehow comes to play each week and the NFL is not top heavy.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
so it's possible that he's just run his course here - that's all i meant - guys dont end up sticking around for whatever reasons

but you're right that it's not necessarily obvious that harbs will change anything - saying that though, idk that many actually thought harbs would move on from marty to GRo the way he did that offseason either...

Very true!! God Marty was awful though

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We won't all agree on everything about the Ravens decision on that 2pt conversion and that's kool but I think that we all can agree on the fight, energy, and effort that our boys showed tonight. Great game!

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I would be shocked to see a team trade a second. I'd be surprised to see a team trade for him this year at all.
Yeah I don't see why a team would do that.

Truth is, the scheme was very simplified and Greenbay defense played a very inept game. Didn't contain on the outside and played too soft on these short throws. Crossing patterns, flats, hitch routes, and pretty much kept everything short. I don't know why they didn't press more and play closer to the LOS earlier, eventually, they did but they failed to keep Huntley in the pocket when they did.

Huntley did well today, but he didn't have the type of game that would make you think that he has a future as a starting QB. He had poor ball placement on a couple of throws today and just lacks touch/velocity on some throws. I was impressed with that throw to Andrews over the LB but he can't establish the deep ball because he lacks touch there right now. He also wasn't asked to go through multiple reads that often, maybe a few times but mostly it was 1 or 2 read throws. I think he did well again, but I would absolutely not give up anything more than a 5th or a 6th for him. I don't think the Ravens should do it though.