• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Cincinnati

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Us? Win it all? Yea ima head out!!

Lol it's highly unlikely, but wouldn't you say it's probably highly unlikely for every single team in both conferences right now? Name a team that looks totally complete and poised to win a superbowl. I can't. This feels like a totally upside down season with no frontrunner. I can't ever remember a season where it wasn't obvious who was gonna be in the superbowl on at least one conference side. And if not that at least conf championships.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol it's highly unlikely, but wouldn't you say it's probably highly unlikely for every single team in both conferences right now? Name a team that looks totally complete and poised to win a superbowl. I can't. This feels like a totally upside down season with no frontrunner. I can't ever remember a season where it wasn't obvious who was gonna be in the superbowl on at least one conference side. And if not that at least conf championships.
Which is why it sucks we got destroyed by injuries hardball year.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Rams/packers.. afc, i feel like it depends on who get matched up. I like chargers, bills or kc the most though

marklar

Pro Bowler
I can already see the 10 new threads on a certain other Ravens forum:
"After we trade Huntley for 3 1st, we sign Lamar for vet minumum to back up Josh the Savior"
It will be glorious.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I know other teams have Covid and injuries too, but what we have has to be unprecedented in the history of the NFL. We have none of the players in the secondary that were part of our first team. We have a OFF backfield that was pulled off the street the week before the season began. We are on our 3rd string QB. Our O-line is a patchwork of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team players. Name the rest. I don't know the total number of players out on injuries, but probably close to 40 players? According to https://www.lineups.com/nfl/player-injuries/baltimore-ravens that's about right. Just since the last game, 10 or 11 with Covid. Freaking remarkable in the worst possible way.

If they are even competitive in this game it's a miracle, imo.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Rams/packers.. afc, i feel like it depends on who get matched up. I like chargers, bills or kc the most though

See I just feel like every one of those teams outside of KC is just so average. But who knows. Crazy year of parity for football

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we were fairly healthy I have no doubt we would be a Super Bowl contender this year. It's a damn shame to waste a year
of Lamar being at QB.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

KC for the past 6ish weeks has looked like the best team in the AFC by a significant margin. Since they cleaned up their defense and stopped forcing turnovers they look like the team that is easily the favorite to rep the AFC.

NFC is probably the conference that is hardest to pick. Packers look the best but that never seems to translate in the playoffs. Rams just had a bid skid but seem to look good now, Cardinals are in freefall, Buccs seem like they have no clue, and the only thing I know for sure is the Cowboys will find a way to choke a good opportunity in a way that manages to both be completely surprising and completely unsurprising.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
KC for the past 6ish weeks has looked like the best team in the AFC by a significant margin. Since they cleaned up their defense and stopped forcing turnovers they look like the team that is easily the favorite to rep the AFC.

NFC is probably the conference that is hardest to pick. Packers look the best but that never seems to translate in the playoffs. Rams just had a bid skid but seem to look good now, Cardinals are in freefall, Buccs seem like they have no clue, and the only thing I know for sure is the Cowboys will find a way to choke a good opportunity in a way that manages to both be completely surprising and completely unsurprising.

I agree. NFC is a mess, AFC is also a mess but maybe KC is back on track

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m curious to see how Malik plays at outside if they line him up there

Simba

Staff Member

I know I was basically alone in my thoughts but I always thought he'd fit well as a SLB in this scheme. Does a lot of the dirty work. So I too am curious to see his first action there.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Queen hasn't just played Will linebacker since he has started playing well. He has played both LILB and RILB positions pretty equally, so it will be interesting when and if they get Harrison on the field. I wouldn't be surprised to see him just playing ST, which he was pretty good at.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not expecting too much from this game. --

GO RAVENS!