• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Cincinnati

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Can it please end as soon as this season ends?
Hope the football gods can grant this request because this is madness. I straight up refuse to get Madden 21 literally because Lamar is on the cover. I do not want that bad juju.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought they wouldn’t be tested period ?
Well based on the new protocols, there's two explanations...
1. A lot of these players aren't vaccinated.
2. They were tested during the previous week, and the test results are just now coming out. I don't know the exact date of the new protocols, but my understanding is it began with Week 16, which is this week. However, its possible that week 16, by NFL standards, didn't really start until yesterday, considering they were still playing week 15 games on Tuesday.

So theoretically, all of these players tested positive during week 15 (positive tests on Monday or Tuesday), which would still be under the previous protocols.

Simba

Staff Member
New rules state that if you’re vaccinated, you test only when showing symptoms OR you’re randomly selected. So they don’t completely avoid testing but it’s not an every Monday thing like it used to be. However, you do have to wonder how they’re handling close contacts now and if that my be the impetus behind the number of positives. Not sure what’s in the rules regarding that as I haven’t checked, but it seemingly makes sense why one side of the ball is being wiped out right now more than the other.

New rules state that if you’re vaccinated, you test only when showing symptoms OR you’re randomly selected. So they don’t completely avoid testing but it’s not an every Monday thing like it used to be. However, you do have to wonder how they’re handling close contacts now and if that my be the impetus behind the number of positives. Not sure what’s in the rules regarding that as I haven’t checked, but it seemingly makes sense why one side of the ball is being wiped out right now more than the other.
Yeah I wonder how the random testing is gonna work. Kinda leaves allot of wiggle room.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well based on the new protocols, there's two explanations...
1. A lot of these players aren't vaccinated.
2. They were tested during the previous week, and the test results are just now coming out. I don't know the exact date of the new protocols, but my understanding is it began with Week 16, which is this week. However, its possible that week 16, by NFL standards, didn't really start until yesterday, considering they were still playing week 15 games on Tuesday.

So theoretically, all of these players tested positive during week 15 (positive tests on Monday or Tuesday), which would still be under the previous protocols.

it's probably still the aftermath of teams being in enhanced protocols if they've already got positives - i think then the testing is still more regular with contact tracing etc. - but maybe it's about the week designation thing...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

interesting that he said this because he said the same last week and then we hardly blitzed at all lol - spent most of the game dropping 7 (or more) and doubling adams

Well while I don't think they did too bad against GB, no way Wink was happy with the output from the defense last week. Gave up 31 points, several long TD drives, Rodgers completing near 75% of his throws, throwing the ball down field plenty, and they also gave up nearly 100 yards rushing. They gave up 5/9 third downs, didnt force any turnovers, and only had one sack, which was very late in the game.

No way he's happy with that, regardless of personnel or opponent.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
So now the Dolphins get to play the saints practice squad QB, this is a joke, every injury and Covid scenario benefits the teams in the playoff run against us. Fuck this season, fuck the damn Covid rules, this is absurd

Tank

Hall of Famer
Seems the talking heads are already crowning Cinci AFC North champs, setting it up nicely for our win this Sunday.

Biggest game of the year, no doubt.