• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 16 Discussion (Other Teams - Christmas Edition)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Merry Christmas to The Flock! With the exception of a few teams, for the most part every team is still alive in the playoff hunt and every seed is still up for grabs. With COVID causing disruption, who knows if teams will have all their key players, or if more games will be postponed. Any hope of clarity in the playoff picture is not what we are getting for Christmas this year.​

Thursday Night Football
49ers @ Titans: The Titans seemed poised to be the first team to clinch their division early on but some tough losses and the Colts surging playoff push has delayed that for a few weeks. The 49ers meanwhile seem to be gaining some playoff momentum of their own and have found themselves in the midst of a three way battle for the NFC West. With 13 turnovers in their last three losses, and a struggling offense to boot, the Titans can not afford another loss with the Colts knocking on their door for the Division Title.​

Saturday Football - Christmas Edition
Browns @ Packers: Nothing says Christmas like football in December in Green Bay and a Packers Franchise record under the tree for Aaron Rodgers to unwrap. With just one touchdown, Rodgers will surpass Brett Favre for most touchdowns in Franchise history at 443 Touchdowns. With Billy Turner out a second straight game, you have to wonder if the Browns pass rush will be able to get to Aaron Rodgers and keep him in check. A huge win in Green Bay would keep Cleveland alive in the AFC North race while the Packers look to take another step toward clinching home field.​
Colts @ Cardinals: Our Christmas doubleheader concludes in Arizona as the Cardinals host the red hot Indianapolis Colts. The Titans won on Thursday meaning a Colts loss will allow the Titans to unwrap the AFC South Title as their Christmas Present. The Colts snapped the seven game win streak of the Patriots last Saturday and gained ground in the division thanks to the Titans loss to the Steelers. While the Cardinals can once again clinch with a win and in scenario, upsets like losing to the Lions must be avoided to stay atop the division. If Arizona continues to trend down, they will fall back to the rest of the pack in the NFC, just like a loss for the Colts would do the same in the AFC.​

Sunday 1PM Early Games
Lions @ Falcons: In 2008, Matt Ryan made his first start as a rookie QB against the Lions. Lions Tight End Dan Campbell caught one Touchdown in the Lions loss. Now Dan Campbell is the Head Coach of the Lions when the Lions travel to Atlanta to play the Falcons. The Lions got their second win of the season last week in a huge upset over the Cardinals while Atlanta loss a key crucial tiebreaker to the 49ers. Falcons haven't been playing their best football recently and this gives them their best chance to win again this season. It's clear the players in Detroit are buying into what Dan Campbell is selling, it's just a matter of closing out games when the Lions have come so close on multiple occasions this season. Can Atlanta stay in the playoff race or will the Lions continue soiling the hopes of playoff contenders like they have already?​
Rams @ Vikings: The Rams can clinch a playoff spot with a win over the Vikings, but whether they are a Division Champion or Wild Card team remains to be seen. As for the Vikings, the Packers have won the NFC North meaning their only path to the playoffs is through the wild card, so a loss here could lead to coal in their stockings this holiday season. One player who should be getting attention for MVP is Rams Wide Receiver Cooper Kupp, who set new Franchise records surpassing both Issac Bruce & Torry Holt for most catches in a single season by a Rams receiver. While Kirk Cousins was a full participant despite rib injuries, the run game this week is going to have to get going under Alexander Mattison with Dalvin Cook out after testing positive for COVID. With the Rams looking to be the Cardinals' Grinch and take the division title away, is Minnesota ready to show they belong in the playoffs?​
Bills @ Patriots: Knowing Bill Belichick, the Patriots may just pass the ball 46 times and only run it three times, and win the game. If the Patriots win and Miami loses to the Saints practice squad, they win the AFC East..... once again. With two offensive linemen potentially out for this game, the Bills offensive line may have it's work cut out for them against the Patriots pass rush. The shaky offensive line has caused Josh Allen to not look like he did last year, and more than ever the Bills need 2020 Josh Allen to show up to help keep their division title hopes alive.​
Jaguars @ Jets: The Jacksonville Jaguars have now gained sole possession of the first overall pick in the Draft with three games left following the Lions win over the Cardinals. What looked to be a promising game early on, is now a game of two rookie quarterbacks who are still finding their way in the crazy NFL. Both Lawrence and Wilson have struggled this season, how much that amounts to coaching we'll find out next year if the Jaguars make the right choice in an offensive minded Head Coach. The Jets may be short handed due to COVID so we'll see who comes out on top in the battle of rookie quarterbacks.​
Giants @ Eagles: With the Giants shutting down Daniel Jones for the rest of the season, one has to wonder the future of Daniel Jones on the Giants. This means either Mike Glennon or Jake Fromm will get the start against the Eagles who may or may not be in the NFC East race by the end of Sunday. Jalen Hurts threw three interceptions in the Eagles loss the last time they played the Giants and now must limit his turnovers against a stingy Giants defense that halted the Eagles offense in the first game.

Buccaneers @ Panthers: Tampa Bay heads to Carolina in hopes of unwrapping a present they haven't received under their Christmas tree since 2007, the NFC South Title. Following a frustrating loss to the Saints where Tom Brady was shutout for the first time since 2006, Tampa now heads into the rest of the season without Leonard Fournette, Mike Evans & Chris Godwin. Cam Newton looks to be getting his final start in Charlotte with a mix of Sam Darnold as the Panthers continued mishandling of the QB situation has doomed Matt Rhule in Carolina.

Chargers @ Texans:​

4PM Late Games
Steelers @ Chiefs: COVID wrecked the Chiefs and Steelers this week as COVID continues to mess with teams and their playoff hopes. KC gets back Tyreek Hill while the statuses of Travis Kelce and other key Chiefs players are unknown. KC can clinch a playoff spot by winning tomorrow, they can clinch the AFC West with a Chargers loss to the Texans. Pittsburgh keeps winning and they remain in the AFC North title hunt for now. Can Big Ben and company keep up with Mahomes and the Chiefs offense? They will be without rookie TE Pat Freiermuth, DL Chris Wormley and have a depleted linebacker core with Buddy Johnson ruled out, while Marcus Allen & Devin Bush are on the COVID list. Is this the end of the Steelers playoff hopes or will the Steelers leave Kansas with a win?

Bears @ Seahawks:

Broncos @ Raiders:​

Sunday & Monday Night Football
Washington @ Cowboys:​
Dolphins @ Saints:

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Titans down several OL against the 49ers tonight. Now we'll need Arizona to beat the Colts on Saturday for sure if Titans lose tonight.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well a low scoring game on Thursday Night Football, 49ers lead 10-0 over the Titans.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
C'mon 49ers. C'mon!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well the 49ers tried their best, they kept that going for as long as possible but just couldn't do it lol. Tennessee can clinch the AFC South with a Arizona win over the Colts on Saturday. Just remember, the 49ers could have had Mahomes or Watson, said no to Tom Brady, then gave up a bunch of picks in the hopes that Trey Lance pans out, all for Jimmy G.

Edit: Due to the 49ers loss, the Dallas Cowboys have clinched a Playoff spot before their game against Washington on Sunday.

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Edit: Due to the 49ers loss, the Dallas Cowboys have clinched a Playoff spot before their game against Washington on Sunday.

And, THAT was why I was rooting for the 49ers to pull off that win. To drop the Titans (AFC) of course but, to for them to also keep pace with the CowBUMS in the NFC playoff race. Now, my friend that is the CowBUM fan has been texting me after the 49ers loss saying that the Ravens WON'T make the playoffs so he will only talk to fans of playoff teams going forward. Lol! That cat is hilarious!

I NEED THOSE COWBUMS TO FALL AND TO FALL HARD-ONE AND DONE!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I know Browns-Packers is starting but Colts to be without Darius Leonard for the game against Arizona tonight. Huge loss for that Colts defense.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
On the bright side, we aren't the only AFC North team to have their Christmas ruined after all.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
With the third interception by Baker, he breaks a tie with Sam Darnold for most INTs thrown by a QB since 2018. Safe to say the The Bills and us won the 2018 Draft and we left Cleveland and the Jets in the dust.

Baker - 51
Darnold 50

Nurps

MVP
Can I just say that I love that they keep playing Run DMCs “Christmas In Hollis”. Makes me feel like a kid again lmao.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
3rd & 1..... Packers have Aaron Jones. They do not run the ball. It's like having Justin Tucker and deciding to go for it on 4th down instead of taking the easy 3 points.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Packers better not lose this game!

I need them to beat the Clowns because I need them to keep winning in the NFC because my friend is a CowBUMS fan and he talks massive mess against the Ravens. He sent me the link to Tyler being on the Covid-19 list and said; "Y'all are THU, THU THU and NOT making the playoffs whatsoever!"

As I type....Faker throws another INT!

THANKS PACKERS!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Browns kept it closer than I thought but hey, they lost to the Packers by two points and we only lost by one point.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m gonna say it, Packers get more calls than the Steelers, it’s fucking bullshit, that was PI last week when we fucking did it to them. Fuck the fucking refs. They ruin the fucking game