• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Senior Bowl

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting how we thought the North team had the better team and the south team dominated. We all knew the south team had the better OL though.

haha - i was only talking about the qb roster and skill positions on offence... im still pretty sure that's true

but south dominated im guessing for 3 reasons:
better oline
much better overall defensive roster
better coaching... i'll take bill obrien over vance joseph any day...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
haha - i was only talking about the qb roster and skill positions on offence... im still pretty sure that's true

but south dominated im guessing for 3 reasons:
better oline
much better overall defensive roster
better coaching... i'll take bill obrien over vance joseph any day...
But Vance Joseph is having the time of his life......

arnie_uk

Veteran
Hes really not that innaccurate as a qb. I hate this perception of him because every QB misses throws every game. If its his completion % your worried about than you need to count all the throw aways he had every game which at times made him try to extend the play too long and take bad sacks. His recievers consistently dropped passes and would hardly make the contested catch. He was NEVER bailed out by his teammates. San Jose St. had their only win of the season vs Whyoming when Allen didnt play, yet he still managed to bring that team to a winning record. His accuracy is only a problem when he doesnt set his feet properly in the pocket. His accuracy is hardly ever a problem on roll outs or scrambling plays which makes him spectacular. In the senior bowl you see 3 great touch passes from the pocket. To me his biggest problem is he doesnt always set his feet properly, or if hes flat footed, thats when his accuracy sufers most
Do you take on board these points when evaluating flacco as well?

And you do realise drafting a qb 1st round means Allen would have all these problems on the ravens with the awful supporting cast joe has?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Do you take on board these points when evaluating flacco as well?

And you do realise drafting a qb 1st round means Allen would have all these problems on the ravens with the awful supporting cast joe has?
Allen would not need to start right now - Joe's contract means he's here for at least one more season. Some good coaching and two years worth of offensive additions would definitely help.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
2more years of offensive additions? You think we would do that?
Man, if we don't this year and next, I don't know what to say. NFL became the offensive league, you have to give weapons to your passer and hope you can pick up some gems on defensive side. Everybody's doing it, it's pretty clear.
If we don't, it won't really matter who will our QB be. We might as well pick up Keizer, he'll be cheap.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Man, if we don't this year and next, I don't know what to say. NFL became the offensive league, you have to give weapons to your passer and hope you can pick up some gems on defensive side. Everybody's doing it, it's pretty clear.
If we don't, it won't really matter who will our QB be. We might as well pick up Keizer, he'll be cheap.
Agree entirely. I just think the way to go is try to hit homeruns on offense and if flacco plays like he did the last qtr or half of the season we will be a superbowl threat again and see his contract out.

If after 2 years with playmakers and he still sucks, cut ties then

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
2more years of offensive additions? You think we would do that?
Why not? Right now our roster is pretty balanced with a good not great defense and a bad but improving offense. We have the main pieces on defense, we just need some low investment to secure some weaknesses, whereas we need some flat out boost in offense to really scare people and look legit.

BmoreDuck

Practice Squad
I flew to Cheyenne to see my Ducks play Wyoming this year so I had a chance to see Allen play in person and I was highly unimpressed. There was obviously a lot of hype around him at that point in the season and I didn't see anything from him to suggest his skillset will translate to the next level. He does have a big arm(I'll give him that), but he has no clue what to do with it. He is very inaccurate and he tends to push and float way too many throws. Once in awhile he made a pretty throw, but those were few and far betweem. And the ugly throws were very ugly.

I guess you could call him a high ceiling guy, but his floor is extremely low as well. Taking him in the 1st rd would be a big mistake imo especially with so many other glaring needs on the offensive side of the ball. Now if he dropped to the 2nd, then he might be worth the pick, but even still I just don't think he's ever going to be a franchise QB. We have too many needs to gamble on a project QB in the 1st rd. Just my two cents.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Why not? Right now our roster is pretty balanced with a good not great defense and a bad but improving offense. We have the main pieces on defense, we just need some low investment to secure some weaknesses, whereas we need some flat out boost in offense to really scare people and look legit.
Because our front office has shown no inclination of helping the offense via the draft like they do the d

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Because our front office has shown no inclination of helping the offense via the draft like they do the d
It's not about willingness, last year's draft was a mine of defensive talents, this year is more about offense and like DeCosta said in his interview there's a lot more talent to pick WR on day 2 than there was last year.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Just saw some WR vs DB reps. How DJ Chark wasn't being talked about more before the game is well beyond me. That man smoked corners on a consistent basis.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s funny that the 2 year plan has become a 4 year plan - will we ever finish a plan lol?
I think we need a couple yrs of mostly offensive drafting. Can’t really do the 2 yr plan that Lost was insinuating. Especially since 2016 and 17 we’re both heavy defense. Now we need heavy offense for a couple yrs. doesn’t mean we can’t win, but to continue adding pieces can’t hurt.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just saw some WR vs DB reps. How DJ Chark wasn't being talked about more before the game is well beyond me. That man smoked corners on a consistent basis.
Ya i decided to watch some tape on him and hes a freak of an athlete. Big play potential and has special teams value. Returned 2 punts for touchdowns and showed that specail teams ability in the senior bowl making 2 tackles. Would love to have him in the 4th round, would be a huge steal there
-Only real negative is hes not a natural hands catcher and has some drop issues