• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Senior Bowl

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So many of this throws are way off the mark, worse than flacco. He plays panicked and scrambles for no reason, looks hurried and impatient.

I liked Allen a shit-ton coming into this season, but I watched 2 of his games live and a few more in film, and I soured a lot from that. I see the wentz comparison since he has a cannon and he's an athlete, but his poor completion percentage, inability to play his best vs quality competition, impatience, and tendency to throw total fucking ducks at times, remind me a scary amount of the worst of joe flacco.

You may have seen the same game I saw. It was at the beginning of the season and they were playing Arizona or Oregon or somebody and he was completely way off the mark with a lot of his throws There was a lot of positives I thought tho. I actually thought he had good poise when under intense pressure with great escapability/maneuverability. a strong arm with good spiral but man just constantly off the mark especially when moving in the pocket. I defintly see major boom/bust here. Remember Ryan Leaf lol. The good thing that might help Allen here is no pressure to start and just learning/coached up. Would be worth our 1st or a trade back with Buffalo would really be sweet but I think Buffalo jumping ahead of the Skins. Regardless there is going to be a shitload of trades in the top 10.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You may have seen the same game I saw. It was at the beginning of the season and they were playing Arizona or Oregon or somebody and he was completely way off the mark with a lot of his throws There was a lot of positives I thought tho. I actually thought he had good poise when under intense pressure with great escapability/maneuverability. a strong arm with good spiral but man just constantly off the mark especially when moving in the pocket. I defintly see major boom/bust here. Remember Ryan Leaf lol. The good thing that might help Allen here is no pressure to start and just learning/coached up. Would be worth our 1st or a trade back with Buffalo would really be sweet but I think Buffalo jumping ahead of the Skins. Regardless there is going to be a shitload of trades in the top 10.
I wanna say it was Iowa where his accuracy was shite

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wanna say it was Iowa where his accuracy was shite
I honestly liked his iowa tape. Other than the 1 pick i thought he played well. Hell sometimes i watch Rosen and hes off on several throws as well. All you need are traits and Allen has all the traits you want in an NFL qb. He showed some nice touch throws in the senior bowl

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Daesean Hamilton looks just as good on film as he did at the senior bowl. That entire Penn st offense had so many playmakers its unreal. Also noticed how innaccurate McSorely can be. Gesicki and Hamilton would be great fits here in Bmore

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I've been reaaaally impressed with Lauletta yesterday. I didn't watch any of his before, but wow this kid looks like a vet. Great pocket awareness, active feet, goes through his progressions, great accuracy and touch. I mean, I don't see what's not to like? Maybe scouts don't like his arm strength? or his measurables?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Daesean Hamilton looks just as good on film as he did at the senior bowl. That entire Penn st offense had so many playmakers its unreal. Also noticed how innaccurate McSorely can be. Gesicki and Hamilton would be great fits here in Bmore
I do worry about his drops, but I totally agree that Hamilton and Gesicki bailed McSorley out all year long. They've been hauling in jump balls and passes that look like punts week in and week out. Hamilton is really the epithomy of fighting for the ball when you compare his measurables to the type of catches he makes in unfavourable conditions.

m
I've been reaaaally impressed with Lauletta yesterday. I didn't watch any of his before, but wow this kid looks like a vet. Great pocket awareness, active feet, goes through his progressions, great accuracy and touch. I mean, I don't see what's not to like? Maybe scouts don't like his arm strength? or his measurables?
Man Lauletta moved great within the pocket and delivered in very tight windows. That can´t be just one lucky game, there must be something.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
so all this lauletta talk made me go and find some tape and watch some of his play from the senior bowl...
i really like his release - its a really compact action and he's shown great improvement from the tape i managed to find to the senior bowl just in the way he's now lighter on his feet in the pocket - he's pretty accurate and has a lot of fizz on the ball in short and intermediate throws - in the senior bowl he was spraying it deep too and hitting receivers in stride (albeit they were wide open at times)

arnie_uk

Veteran
Allen is a flacco clone. He will shine for periods and suck for periods.

He will have great qtr followed by an awful qtr. He will miss easy throws and then follow it up with a great needle threading throw.

He will make dumb decisions and take silly sacks, he will make it for it by leading a game winning drive.

He is joe flacco

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

He will have great qtr followed by an awful qtr. He will miss easy throws and then follow it up with a great needle threading throw.

He will make dumb decisions and take silly sacks, he will make it for it by leading a game winning drive.

He is joe flacco
With much more athleticism and passion.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

He is joe flacco
At this point of his career.....he will get better with coaching

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m not a fan of Allen. I don’t see his accuracy improving much if at all from college to the pros and if a qb can’t be accurate he’s useless.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

He is joe flacco
thats exactly what i thought.

more, flaccos head and heart on wentz' body.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
thoughts on mike mccray? he was never on my radar but in the first half(i havent gotten to the second half yet) he was all over the place, he made some plays, he was always near the ball, it made me watch some film, and i see more of the same. he is CONSTANTLY around the ball.

solid movement skills but not great, has excellent length though, and appears to be a really sure tackler. he is constantly in position in zone coverage and he doesnt give up scrambles or dump offs because hes always prepared for it. he honestly reminds me a shitton of mosley with his physical makeup and IQ, similar build and decent athleticism but appears to be one of the smartest defenders on the field.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not a fan of Allen. I don’t see his accuracy improving much if at all from college to the pros and if a qb can’t be accurate he’s useless.
Hes really not that innaccurate as a qb. I hate this perception of him because every QB misses throws every game. If its his completion % your worried about than you need to count all the throw aways he had every game which at times made him try to extend the play too long and take bad sacks. His recievers consistently dropped passes and would hardly make the contested catch. He was NEVER bailed out by his teammates. San Jose St. had their only win of the season vs Whyoming when Allen didnt play, yet he still managed to bring that team to a winning record. His accuracy is only a problem when he doesnt set his feet properly in the pocket. His accuracy is hardly ever a problem on roll outs or scrambling plays which makes him spectacular. In the senior bowl you see 3 great touch passes from the pocket. To me his biggest problem is he doesnt always set his feet properly, or if hes flat footed, thats when his accuracy sufers most

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
thoughts on mike mccray? he was never on my radar but in the first half(i havent gotten to the second half yet) he was all over the place, he made some plays, he was always near the ball, it made me watch some film, and i see more of the same. he is CONSTANTLY around the ball.

solid movement skills but not great, has excellent length though, and appears to be a really sure tackler. he is constantly in position in zone coverage and he doesnt give up scrambles or dump offs because hes always prepared for it. he honestly reminds me a shitton of mosley with his physical makeup and IQ, similar build and decent athleticism but appears to be one of the smartest defenders on the field.
Ya i was impressed with him as well. Very intruiging and we all know Harbaugh will get a good feeling on him through his brother. Its a great fit for us considering we could use an upgrade next to Mosely. Not sure where he is projected but late 3rd or 4th round range would be great value for a guy who could start Day 1. Just not sure what his true draft value is at rn

I simply think McCray just doesn't have the lateral speed to adjust. There were more talented ILBs with great insincts but lacking quality athleticism, and ended up in the later rounds or undrafted and then forgotten (Paul Dawson comes immediately in mind).
Not a fan honestly.
jeez I'm high on so few prospects this year :mellow: