• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Purple Flock Dynasty League

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Anybody else interested? After K-Dog, we'll be at 7. Would like at least 10. Draft would be in a few weeks. I would post a couple of times to see what works best for everyone.

Roster format; QB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K
LB LB, DL, DL, DB, DB, DP - 10 bench spots, 1 IR.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I more upset that I spelled pencil with two L's.

It's really fun once you dive in. By Dad is pushing 50 and he absolutely loves it.

Your league sets a roster size; say 10 starters, 8 bench.

In the 10 starters you might need a;
QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, K, DL, LB

So the draft starts and you try to fill those positions or you can take the best player available and maybe trade later. You also fill up the bench spots which can be any position you need for starting spots so you have reserves if someone is on a bye. Say Tom brady is on a bye, you bench him, and bring in Flacco off your bench who plays that week.

You assemble your fantasy team and each week, you play someone different in your league and try to out point them. It's their assembled team vs yours. You get points for a number of things based on position.
Since when is 50 old nowadays....

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Since when is 50 old nowadays....

I don't find it old by any means. I was more referring to the personal factor of him not being very tech savvy nor having a wealth of knowledge about other teams outside of the Redskins. Yet he has the ESPN app and still competes in our league. lol

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
What level of expertise is needed to be competitive in your league?

I wouldn't discourage anyone from playing. The way it's set up, anyone can play, at any level. This isn't some high stake, money league or anything. Even if you don't have a wealth of knowledge concerning NFL teams, they give you rankings. Just fill your roster spots, and use those rankings as a guide if need be.

Plus you'll be playing with everyone here so it'll be fun.

K-Dog

MVP
Yeah
I know quite a few 20, 30 and 40-somethings that feel and act older than me. I try to teach them to relax little bit but it almost never works.
BTW, am I the oldest member on this board (54)?

Just turned 48 so I am not too far behind.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't discourage anyone from playing. The way it's set up, anyone can play, at any level. This isn't some high stake, money league or anything. Even if you don't have a wealth of knowledge concerning NFL teams, they give you rankings. Just fill your roster spots, and use those rankings as a guide if need be.

Plus you'll be playing with everyone here so it'll be fun.

Thank you for the invitation, I am in.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Just need one more person and we'll have 10! Then I can set the draft. Shooting for the second week of August, leaving us a few weeks to trade if we wish.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah
I know quite a few 20, 30 and 40-somethings that feel and act older than me. I try to teach them to relax little bit but it almost never works.
BTW, am I the oldest member on this board (54)?
I'm 51 so you have me by a few