• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Purple Flock Dynasty League

K-Dog

MVP
I am on vacation until the 18th with no high speed connections. A weak 4G at best. I really can't nor care to participate between now and then.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I prefer Sunday because I don't work Sundays. Does anyone else? If not, I'll have to check my schedule to see when I'm off.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
So, here's a little overview in case you're new to fantasy football or a dynasty league.

A dynasty league is a little different than a redraft in that we have deeper rosters and we have keepers from year to year, so you're basically building a franchise. We have 25 roster positions, 15 starters and 10 bench with 1 IR spot. At the end of the season, you will select 20 of your players to keep and 5 will drop off into FA. When the 2018 season starts, we'll do a rookie/FA draft where you can add the new rookies or a free agent to your team.

Draft picks will also be available to trade. So you can trade your 2018 first round pick to snag a player or what have you. Instead of drafting a defense as a whole, you'll be drafting 2 LBS, 2 DL, 2 DB, so you're kind of building your own defense which is kind of fun.

And if you're new to the draft, it'll give you rankings if you don't know other players that well. So you can go by that and fill out your rosters if need be. There is also a little flexibility on the offensive starters as the positions will look like this; QB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, WR/TE. So maybe someone wants to go heavy on WR, then you can or if you want 3 RBs you can go that route, or you want 2 TE's, so this way it gives everyone a little more wiggle room as to how they want to draft.

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up and I'll try to explain or someone else here can as well.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
So, here's a little overview in case you're new to fantasy football or a dynasty league.

A dynasty league is a little different than a redraft in that we have deeper rosters and we have keepers from year to year, so you're basically building a franchise. We have 25 roster positions, 15 starters and 10 bench with 1 IR spot. At the end of the season, you will select 20 of your players to keep and 5 will drop off into FA. When the 2018 season starts, we'll do a rookie/FA draft where you can add the new rookies or a free agent to your team.

Draft picks will also be available to trade. So you can trade your 2018 first round pick to snag a player or what have you. Instead of drafting a defense as a whole, you'll be drafting 2 LBS, 2 DL, 2 DB, so you're kind of building your own defense which is kind of fun.

And if you're new to the draft, it'll give you rankings if you don't know other players that well. So you can go by that and fill out your rosters if need be. There is also a little flexibility on the offensive starters as the positions will look like this; QB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, WR/TE. So maybe someone wants to go heavy on WR, then you can or if you want 3 RBs you can go that route, or you want 2 TE's, so this way it gives everyone a little more wiggle room as to how they want to draft.

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up and I'll try to explain or someone else here can as well.

Can this year's draft picks be traded?

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
The only way It will allow me for the trading of draft picks is if i manually set the draft order which I could do. I might just draw names and manually set the order and then you'd be okay to trade up or down in the draft.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
This will be the draft order after randomizing it. So feel free to trade up or down in the draft. Draft is on Sunday the 27th at 6:00 pm EST

allblack raven
Charm City
Team RavensPunk
K-Dog7469
Bend It Like Beckham
BmoreBird 22
Somerset Ravens
Team purplepittabrea
Team McBride
Ravens 419

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
This will be the draft order after randomizing it. So feel free to trade up or down in the draft. Draft is on Sunday the 27th at 6:00 pm EST

allblack raven
Charm City
Team RavensPunk
K-Dog7469
Bend It Like Beckham
BmoreBird 22
Somerset Ravens
Team purplepittabrea
Team McBride
Ravens 419

Thanks, looking forward to the draft.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Definitely looking forward to this format. I've always wanted to do a dynasty draft with my friends at home but they always seem to show up and down interest after a down year. Also liking the fact that picks are able to be traded.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Definitely looking forward to this format. I've always wanted to do a dynasty draft with my friends at home but they always seem to show up and down interest after a down year. Also liking the fact that picks are able to be traded.

Yeah it's really fun because if you have a bad draft, you're still okay because you're also building for the long term. Fun building a franchise

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Yeah it's really fun because if you have a bad draft, you're still okay because you're also building for the long term. Fun building a franchise

So just out of curiosity, does that change the value of people who are suspended and/or injured? I imagine there is way more strategy beyond the ADP for a standard PPR league.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
So just out of curiosity, does that change the value of people who are suspended and/or injured? I imagine there is way more strategy beyond the ADP for a standard PPR league.

I think it does more so in dynasty leagues than redraft. For example, Zeke. His stock would drop in redraft because that's half the seasons games, but more valuable in a dynasty because you can keep him on your team for years to come. There is also an IR spot, just one, so you have that option as well. So there is a bit more strategy.