• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Purple Flock Dynasty League

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I'm excited for this league I have a lot of young talent
A nice thing to have in a dynasty league.

I put Juice on my active roster.
The 9ers payed him a crap ton to go there.
I reckon he will be used a lot.
He should have some solid games here and there, maybe some big games here and there. I guess it all depends on how committed they are to using him because he's pretty versatile. Maybe some PPR points and potential goaline touches.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Don't forget; the Dolphins/Buccaneers game was postponed so if you have any players from those two teams in your starting lineup, switch them out for Sunday!

The NFL season starts tomorrow with the Chiefs @ Patriots. Some players from our league will be in action;

Charm City [TE Travis Kelce, WR Brandin Cooks]
RavensPunk [LB Juston Houston

Somerset Ravens [WR Tyeek Hill]
Ravens 419 [WR Chris Hogan]

BMoreBird 22 [LB Derrick Houston, DE Trey Flowers, K Stephen Gostkowski]
Bend It Like Beckham [S Eric Berry]

Purplepittabread [TE Rob Gronkowski]

KDog [QB Tom Brady]
Team McBride [HB Kareem Hunt]

Good luck!

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
So, it was brought to my attention that trading draft picks was no an option in the propose trade menu and after looking into it further, ESPN does not allow in season draft pick trading. So, here's how trading draft picks will work.

Trading Draft Pick for Player
Just send the agreed upon trade to me either through the boards or through email. I'll approve it and I'll add the player to the other team and document the exchanged draft in an excel spreadsheet.

Trading Player + Draft Pick for Player
In this scenario, just go ahead and send the trade through ESPN, the player for player portion, and I'll approve it. Then just send the trade to me, including the draft pick either through the boards (in this thread or PM) or through email and I'l document it on the spreadsheet.

Prior to the 2018 rookie/FA draft, I'll adjust the draft to show the traded draft picks.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Congrats, Hill and Hunt owners. Lol

Those with Chiefs defensive players did nice too.

I left Gillislee on the bench. Didn't really know who'd be leading the Pats running backs heading into this game.

Last edited:

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Ezekiel Elliot gets to play for the foreseeable future after a big win in court.

Hoozah.

Great news for you! Lol a friend in my other league drafted Bell first round and Elliot in the second. Talk about a 1-2 punch. And Rodgers is his QB. Everything else is a bit weak, but still.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Great news for you! Lol a friend in my other league drafted Bell first round and Elliot in the second. Talk about a 1-2 punch. And Rodgers is his QB. Everything else is a bit weak, but still.
He nailed down the two most consistent positions and the highest scoring one... I mean... I wouldn't be upset.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Going into tonight's games, here's where we all stand.

RavensPunk should get the W over Charm City, based on final projections.
Somerset Ravens has the victory locked up over Ravens 419.
BMore Bird and Bend It Like Beckham are locked in a close one. 122.5 to 123.5. Projections have BMore Bird taking it. We shall see.
Purplepittabread and 3rd and Long are also locked in a close one. Projections have 3rd and Long taking it with 3 people left to play, compared to PPB's 1.
A valiant effort by K-Dog this week, but will suffer defeat at the hands of Soft Tissue Issues with 3 New Orleans Saints left to play.

I will be assigning weekly awards tomorrow!

K-Dog

MVP
A valiant effort by K-Dog this week, !

I don't know about the "Valiant effort" part.

I mean in the later rounds of the draft I did just go after players with cool sounding names.
My first time ever. I learned a lot already.
If I ever do it again I will be vastly improved.
That said I sure as hell am not throwing in the towel on this season.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't know about the "Valiant effort" part.

I mean in the later rounds of the draft I did just go after players with cool sounding names.
My first time ever. I learned a lot already.
If I ever do it again I will be vastly improved.
That said I sure as hell am not throwing in the towel on this season.
The great thing is this is dynasty, so if you see a big performance from a young player who wasn't drafted, just swoop them up and they may develop really well for next year. You can look at my team and I have Dixon and Edelman who won't play this year because I expect them to play a lot next year and do well and I think that Westbrook will be a big contributor next year in Jax.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
The great thing is this is dynasty, so if you see a big performance from a young player who wasn't drafted, just swoop them up and they may develop really well for next year. You can look at my team and I have Dixon and Edelman who won't play this year because I expect them to play a lot next year and do well and I think that Westbrook will be a big contributor next year in Jax.

Yup and players like Edelman and dixon are the type of investments you make in a dynasty league. I like Dede too.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Week 1
RavensPunk def. Charm City
Somerset Ravens def. Ravens 419
BMore Bird def. Bend It Like Beckham
3rd and Long def. Purplepittabread
Soft Tissue Issues def. K-Dog

Week 1 Awards (League Page)
Start of the Week: Kareem Hunt (Soft Tissue Issues)
Big Win Margin of the Week: Soft Tissue Issues over K-Dog
Closest Margin of Victory: BMore Bird over Bend It Like Beckham

Week 1 Power Rankings
1. [5] Soft Tissue Issues (1-0)
2. [5] Somerset Ravens (1-0)
3. [-] RavensPunk (1-0)
4. [8] 3rd and Long (1-0)
5. [9] BmoreBird22 (1-0)
6. [1] Charm City (0-1)
7. [2] Bend It Like Beckham (0-1)
8. [7] Ravens 419 (0-1)
9. [10] K-Dog (0-1)
10. [4] Purplepittabread (0-1)

Division Standings
EAST
1-0 Ravens Punk
1-0 BMore Bird 22
0-1 Bend It Like Beckham
0-1 Charm City
0-1 Ravens 419[/B]

WEST
1-0 Soft Tissue Issues
1-0 Somerset Ravens
1-0 3rd and Long
0-1 K-Dog
0-1 Purplepittabread[/B]

Week 2 Schedule

(0-1) Bend It Like Beckham @ (1-0) RavensPunk
(0-1) Purplepittabread @ (1-0) BMore Bird 22
(0-1) Ravens 419 @ (0-1) Charm City
(1-0) Somerset Ravens @ (0-1) K-Dog
(1-0) 3rd and Long @ (1-0) Soft Tissue Issues (Game of the Week)

Last edited:

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Yup and players like Edelman and dixon are the type of investments you make in a dynasty league. I like Dede too.
I understand your point about long term investments. Having never played in a dynasty league I struggle with finding a balance between trying to win now and investing in a strong team for the future.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I understand your point about long term investments. Having never played in a dynasty league I struggle with finding a balance between trying to win now and investing in a strong team for the future.

Yeah that's typically why they have deeper benches, so you can put away a few players you think might break out next year or maybe they get injured/suspended, but you're committed to keeping them.