• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Purple Flock Dynasty League

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Indeed! I'm looking forward to it.

I sent out an email, but just another informative bit, you can set up your trade block on the desktop version of our espn league page. It's under the tab, my team. I don't believe you can on the espn fantasy football app.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
So you experienced people.
Did I do okay?

I'd say you took a QB to early, but if you don't play FF, you wouldn't know that. On the other hand, you won't need to start another QB, only on Brady's bye week, unless Brady gets injured. Not enough players at the skill positions were drafted. Normally, people go for WR/RB early in the draft, hit the QB portion and then defensive players, but it was your first draft. Justin Tucker would be proud where you drafted him, but he'll probably bring you some nice points at the K position.

Fournette is a solid foundation builder. He was rising through the FF ranks as of late.

You have a nice LB core as well as edge rushers. I drafted Weddle as well in one of my leagues, he should have another good year on this stout defense.

Your WR are a little week. Robby Anderson could be nice points per reception (PPR) addition as long as the QB can get him the ball of course. Garcon may be another nice PPR target. Baldwin will probably be a nice WR, maybe not a starter, but the second option for sure. Eifert was a gamble, but will pay off IF he stays healthy. Rob Kelley will something to watch on that offense.

In all, I think you just went at different positions than most, like the RB, WR positions which is where you lack now. Your entire bench is defense, so absolutely switch that. You can keep a few, but you need RB/WR/TE backups so you can switch players out during bye weeks or just to have other options. Big Ben is a good backup QB as well.

You can take a look at free agency and see whos out there you can pick up. There are still some quality WR options out there on the waiver if you choose to pick up a couple of WR. So, just look at the free agency pool and try to swap out some of your defensive bench players. If you had some real nice defensive players, you could always look to trade as well.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
So, I was in the hospital and my girlfriend did the draft for me and she didn't know what she was doing, but I gave her some names to get and she got them for me. The only one I was upset with was taking Dalvin Cook (who I wanted, just later...) in the second when I wanted Brandin Cooks there... BUT this is a dynasty league and I have a really young roster that should all look really good next year and some that may even surprise this year in Cook and Mixon. I was thrilled with her getting Ezekiel Elliot. I think the young stable of running backs I got should carry my team next year and late this season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So, I was in the hospital and my girlfriend did the draft for me and she didn't know what she was doing, but I gave her some names to get and she got them for me. The only one I was upset with was taking Dalvin Cook (who I wanted, just later...) in the second when I wanted Brandin Cooks there... BUT this is a dynasty league and I have a really young roster that should all look really good next year and some that may even surprise this year in Cook and Mixon. I was thrilled with her getting Ezekiel Elliot. I think the young stable of running backs I got should carry my team next year and late this season.
Give your gf a contract! Anyway, hope you are feeling better.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Your first ff game is against me, K-dog. Should be a lot of fun.....
Yup.

Week 1
Ravens 419 V RavensPunk
K-Dog v. Bend It Like Beckham
BMoreBird 22 v. Charm City
Somerset Ravens v. 3rd and Long
Purplepittabread v. Team McBride

Good luck everyone! Feel free to look into free agency as well and the trading can begin if you so choose.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler

Yeah your backs are nice. Elliot, Mixon, Cook. A defensive piece, I like Karl Joseph this year too. Austin Hooper is a nice name at the TE position as well. Solid!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Give your gf a contract! Anyway, hope you are feeling better.
I didn't realize Dalvin Cook is slated to start on Minnesota, so I actually feel okay because I load up on backs usually. Shocked to see Todd Gurley make it to the third. I thought he'd go first or second, so that's the only one I'm truly upset got passed on, but she got me CJ Anderson who I told her to, so I can't be mad. She did what I told her.

Side note- Anderson has a really low point projection and I'm surprised because he was doing well last year and looked good in preseason.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yeah your backs are nice. Elliot, Mixon, Cook. A defensive piece, I like Karl Joseph this year too. Austin Hooper is a nice name at the TE position as well. Solid!
I gave her CJ Anderson, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Brandin Cooks, Luck, and Mixon as names to target and she got five of the seven, so I'm really pleased with her work. She made all the other picks under her own volition.

Hooper, Watkins, Crowder, and Snead were four names I was really pleasantly surprised to see.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I gave her CJ Anderson, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Brandin Cooks, Luck, and Mixon as names to target and she got five of the seven, so I'm really pleased with her work. She made all the other picks under her own volition.

Hooper, Watkins, Crowder, and Snead were four names I was really pleasantly surprised to see.

Yup and Watkins stock went up. Snead always going to be there with some PPR upside.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yup and Watkins stock went up. Snead always going to be there with some PPR upside.
I expect Crowder to have a massive year with no Jackson or Garcon. Someone has to get those touches and I expect Crowder will.

If nothing else, Watkins will sign for massive money next year on a team with a real quarterback and have the upside next year.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I expect Crowder to have a massive year with no Jackson or Garcon. Someone has to get those touches and I expect Crowder will.

If nothing else, Watkins will sign for massive money next year on a team with a real quarterback and have the upside next year.

Oh yeah, for sure. Crowder is AT LEAST a #3 fantasy receiver until the action starts. Pryor and Doctson will be in there somewhere, but that offense might be top 5 so Crowder could break out this year.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Oh yeah, for sure. Crowder is AT LEAST a #3 fantasy receiver until the action starts. Pryor and Doctson will be in there somewhere, but that offense might be top 5 so Crowder could break out this year.
With Cousins being a safe bet for 4,500+ yards and 30+ touchdowns every year and doing his best work underneath, Crowder will get his due. I think Doctson and Pryor are going to really clear it out for Crowder and he's going to show up in a huge way.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
K-Dog, I might have to get at you on some of those defensive pieces. I really like Jerry Hughes and my only DL are Pierce and Wake. I'll take a look.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

She stole Cooks right in front of my nose but I'm actually happy how the draft turned out.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
She stole Cooks right in front of my nose but I'm actually happy how the draft turned out.
I didn't end up getting Brandin Cooks; I got Dalvin Cook, but yeah, I went through and looked at the draft as a whole and there were only two picks on my end that I'd change given who was taken before and after immediately in that round before my next pick.

One was Todd Gurley for CJ Anderson (I didn't tell her Gurley because I thought he'd go first round and Elliot was my target in the first) and the second was Allen Robinson for Larry Fitzgerald, but that's just an age thing.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I didn't end up getting Brandin Cooks; I got Dalvin Cook, but yeah, I went through and looked at the draft as a whole and there were only two picks on my end that I'd change given who was taken before and after immediately in that round before my next pick.

One was Todd Gurley for CJ Anderson (I didn't tell her Gurley because I thought he'd go first round and Elliot was my target in the first) and the second was Allen Robinson for Larry Fitzgerald, but that's just an age thing.
Oh, didn't realise that. Someone else stole Cooks.
I'm very happy with my backs - D. Johnson, McCaffrey, Abdullah and a cherry on top - DH.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Oh, didn't realise that. Someone else stole Cooks.
I'm very happy with my backs - D. Johnson, McCaffrey, Abdullah and a cherry on top - DH.
I wrote down the rookies I wanted and then the other players I wanted in that order and since Cook was the first name, he went in the second. Honest mix up that I'm quite okay with.

McCaffrey was the one I was really targeting heavily, too, along with Cook, Mixon, and Elliot.

I really like going Johnson over Bell, too, by the way.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wrote down the rookies I wanted and then the other players I wanted in that order and since Cook was the first name, he went in the second. Honest mix up that I'm quite okay with.

McCaffrey was the one I was really targeting heavily, too, along with Cook, Mixon, and Elliot.

I really like going Johnson over Bell, too, by the way.
Bell's a diva. Plus, he'll play couple games vs Ravens D - don't think he'll have much success in those two.