• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Senior Bowl

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the only problem with having a LB wear the green dot is that we dont have LBs on the field for 100% of the snaps whereas chuck (or whoever is going to play one of those safety roles like geno stone when chuck was out) is
when CJ Moseley wore the green dot, wasn't he on the field on 100% of the snaps? We haven't had a linebacker on the field 100% recently, but it doesn't mean we can't in the near future. Will be interesting to see what Macdonald changes.

When does the season begin?????

rossihunter2

Staff Member
when CJ Moseley wore the green dot, wasn't he on the field on 100% of the snaps? We haven't had a linebacker on the field 100% recently, but it doesn't mean we can't in the near future. Will be interesting to see what Macdonald changes.

When does the season begin?????

he was - he was the signal caller and key to the defence and most importantly he didnt come off the field in dime packages - currently we rotate our LBs based on their strengths

if we draft another guy and give him the green dot - then patrick queen wont be playing in dime packages - leave chuck with the green dot and we can substitute guys around situationally

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
he was - he was the signal caller and key to the defence and most importantly he didnt come off the field in dime packages - currently we rotate our LBs based on their strengths

if we draft another guy and give him the green dot - then patrick queen wont be playing in dime packages - leave chuck with the green dot and we can substitute guys around situationally
Honestly, it's not like Queen has been shutting down TEs or anything. I like Queen, but a high awareness LB in zone in the middle might be better than asking Queen to chase after people in in Dime.

Also, Clark kinda feels like a liability at times in coverage. With an entirely healthy DB group I think I'd prefer Stephens and Elliot as the starting safeties.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
jalen pitre made money today. Was hoping he be there in the 3rd for us. There goes that lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
long way to go to be an NFL center but it's cool that he's getting some reps there

He’s like a roided up Mekari if he shows he can play some center. A OL that can play all 5 spots lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why did DJ hype this guy up by giving him to us in his mock? Lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why did DJ hype this guy up by giving him to us in his mock? Lol
https://twitter.com/risendraft/status/1488600835961630730?s=21

oof that's an ugly rep - looks like he just never got into his set - just sort of shuffle stepped and opened his hips - dont think he kicked at all
and that's all before he threw the defender into the QB

this highly rated tackle class struggling a bit on day 1 - lots of smaller school or rawer guys so possible they're just struggling with the jump in competition - tomorrow's going to be crucial for them

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk that Zion can play tackle - i know he had a game or 2 in 2021 and played most of 2020 there - but he's very much an interior OL to me - dont think he has any NFL versatility at tackle - not like Salyer or Green

Oh, yeah he’s a guard for sure. I meant it as at least he can line up at tackle in a pinch and play it. Like how ravens was riddled with injuries and merkari was a suitable plug

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh, yeah he’s a guard for sure. I meant it as at least he can line up at tackle in a pinch and play it. Like how ravens was riddled with injuries and merkari was a suitable plug

difference is that mekari always had tackle footwork - he was a C/G partly because of his frame and length not because of his feet and hands - he's looked at his best whenever he's been asked to play tackle because he was always a more natural tackle

there are other guards in the class who id much prefer at tackle in a pinch (like the 2 i mentioned in the previous post) vs zion

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Travis Jones been my automatic 3rd round selection in all my mocks lol.