• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Senior Bowl

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He would be my main trade down option if we did decide to grab more picks. Great player and a perfect fit for our defense.

i was overly harsh on my first go-round watching him because he was the first prospect i watched and saw a guy who wasnt very bendy and overly punished him for it - didnt take notice of how often he was facing double teams and chips as well

did a bit of a refresher on him a few days before the senior bowl just to check and with the additional context of having done lots of the other top guys realised id been way too down on him

probably the best run defender on the edge in the class and has excellent burst, size, length, power and good with his hands - i didnt get a feel for how twitchy he was the first time through - im a big fan now

he's one of the only guys who looks utterly dominant like a 1st rounder should look here - lots of guys flashing and some who might go high like zion johnson and devonte wyatt but johnson's the only one who looks like a dead cert to go in round 1 so far... the offensive tackles who i had high hopes for stepping up have been somewhat disappointing (faalele, penning, raimann)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Trevor penning is fun to watch but man I get big bust vibes from him. He’s in practice and I get he’s trying to play with an edge and all that but he’s not just physically dominating guys, his hands are outside the pads constantly which makes his reps look better than they really are, he’s taking these marginal wins and after the rep is effectively over he’s throwing guys on the ground. Seems like a poor character, poor temperament type of thing.

seems like he’s doing everything in his power to just be “badass” rather than a quality NFL OT. I wanna like him as a prospect but man his senior bowl is kinda cringe to me.

Andrew steuber looked like an absolute stonewall in all of the 1v1 reps I saw.

Daniel faalele has disappointed the hell out of me, he was always developmental but I didn’t expect his anchor to fail tf out of him, and the crossing of the feet is looking like much more of a problem than I expected.

Arnold ebiketie has disappointed in 1v1, seems he only really leans on crossing the OTs face

perrion Winfrey is just… good lord. I was high on Winfrey but now I’m like goddamn I want him here

boye mafe has looked pretty good

Nice to finally get some eyes on travis jones, all I’ve seen of him are the reps from Twitter that were posted here.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Trevor penning is fun to watch but man I get big bust vibes from him. He’s in practice and I get he’s trying to play with an edge and all that but he’s not just physically dominating guys, his hands are outside the pads constantly which makes his reps look better than they really are, he’s taking these marginal wins and after the rep is effectively over he’s throwing guys on the ground. Seems like a poor character, poor temperament type of thing.

seems like he’s doing everything in his power to just be “badass” rather than a quality NFL OT. I wanna like him as a prospect but man his senior bowl is kinda cringe to me.

Andrew steuber looked like an absolute stonewall in all of the 1v1 reps I saw.

Daniel faalele has disappointed the hell out of me, he was always developmental but I didn’t expect his anchor to fail tf out of him, and the crossing of the feet is looking like much more of a problem than I expected.

Arnold ebiketie has disappointed in 1v1, seems he only really leans on crossing the OTs face

perrion Winfrey is just… good lord. I was high on Winfrey but now I’m like goddamn I want him here

boye mafe has looked pretty good

Nice to finally get some eyes on travis jones, all I’ve seen of him are the reps from Twitter that were posted here.

I get that sense a little with penning too - I noticed after one chippy rep one of the coaches came and grabbed him for a chat

joe Douglas spent a while talking to him too

faalele I’m pretty confident in his anchor but his feet and balance in pass pro have been worrying - been great in the run game so far though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I get that sense a little with penning too - I noticed after one chippy rep one of the coaches came and grabbed him for a chat

joe Douglas spent a while talking to him too

faalele I’m pretty confident in his anchor but his feet and balance in pass pro have been worrying - been great in the run game so far though
His hip level and balance have been killing his anchor and he’s struggled with crossing his feet to reach the arc of the rush. Maybe coachable, definitely think shedding 20 lbs will massively help him, almost seems necessary, guys an incredible athlete but 400lbs is just too much to carry at the Speed of this league

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I can never tell with these if he’s smokescreening or not

literally picked 2 guys who are having not great weeks

that being said we did draft Tylan Wallace who was the first guy he mentioned last year

and pretty clear indicator what position we’re hoping to find help at - last year a lot of his guys were WRs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
biggest standouts in national team practice:

perrion winfrey (again)
travis jones (again)
jalen pitre
cole strange (again)
boye mafe (again)

think trevor penning had a much better day - got beat around the corner once but showed the nastiness in a healthier way today than yesterday (where it manifested in pettiness) - better judgement with the chippiness levels today - and was moving people today and put a ton of guys on the ground - really big day for him

faalele's best day too

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I can never tell with these if he’s smokescreening or not

literally picked 2 guys who are having not great weeks

that being said we did draft Tylan Wallace who was the first guy he mentioned last year

and pretty clear indicator what position we’re hoping to find help at - last year a lot of his guys were WRs

i was kind of sad when he mentioned Faalele. My first reaction was “damn, that means we ain’t getting him.” Lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
that rep where he tried to whack Travis Jones on the double team but his own knees buckled lol

classic small school rep there from penning - let his base get narrow and had no power at contact - against the lower level competition he played at UNI he wouldnt have had to worry so much about making sure he entered that contact point with great technique because he was just so much bigger and stronger

rossihunter2

Staff Member
malik willis has some mechanical things with his feet that will really help him if he gets them cleaned up

think he's looked like the guy with the best arm here... some late processing and some mechanics (probably affecting his accuracy) to clean up

didnt see enough of howell just based on the coverage to get a real sense of how he did but the little stuff i saw i think puts him up there with willis as the 2 most exciting guys

not particularly impressed with pickett, ridder, zappe or strong

Simba

Staff Member
malik willis has some mechanical things with his feet that will really help him if he gets them cleaned up

think he's looked like the guy with the best arm here... some late processing and some mechanics (probably affecting his accuracy) to clean up

didnt see enough of howell just based on the coverage to get a real sense of how he did but the little stuff i saw i think puts him up there with willis as the 2 most exciting guys

not particularly impressed with pickett, ridder, zappe or strong

Seen some reports that Willis has taken really well to coaching and he's been strong in his interviews/meetings too