• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Senior Bowl

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw in case anyone wasn't aware there's a few guys who were supposed to be at the senior bowl who arent anymore

so far ive heard that devin lloyd and cameron thomas have pulled out (thomas due to a hamstring and not sure why with lloyd)

did not know that. Both prospects are intriguing for the ravens too. I would love Cam thomas in the purple and black

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Faalele with his 2nd straight tough day - he has had good reps both days but consistent issues with his feet that's allowing much smaller guys to put him on his ass

he is a lot less ready than i thought he was - i had one or two questions with his pass sets (especially vertical and 45 degree ones) coming into the senior bowl and the answers have not been there at all - if he'd answered them satisfactorily i think we'd have started seeing definite 1st round buzz around him - he still could go there purely based on potential but i think what we're seeing is that he's got a lot of technique to fix before he factors in as an actual player and maybe he's a really quick learner and he can do it in an offseason but more likely it's going to be a process that takes a season and that's tough to take a guy in the 1st round who might not contribute

he looks a bit rawer than the tape said he was

i still like him a lot and if anything this might make a fall to 45 more likely

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think this guy is first round.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's one rep in 1v1s - he's also smoked a couple of guys including literally shoving a guy past the pocket into the goal post and shoving a guy into the ground in team drills

id like to see him dominate every rep but in 1v1s that's really tough to ask for an OL

Are you watching the practices? I don’t have cable so I just go off Twitter video I find.
Who are some guys that caught your eye?

Simba

Staff Member
Faalele with his 2nd straight tough day - he has had good reps both days but consistent issues with his feet that's allowing much smaller guys to put him on his ass

he is a lot less ready than i thought he was - i had one or two questions with his pass sets (especially vertical and 45 degree ones) coming into the senior bowl and the answers have not been there at all - if he'd answered them satisfactorily i think we'd have started seeing definite 1st round buzz around him - he still could go there purely based on potential but i think what we're seeing is that he's got a lot of technique to fix before he factors in as an actual player and maybe he's a really quick learner and he can do it in an offseason but more likely it's going to be a process that takes a season and that's tough to take a guy in the 1st round who might not contribute

he looks a bit rawer than the tape said he was

i still like him a lot and if anything this might make a fall to 45 more likely

I've really only seen Twitter cutups but this has been my impression from what I've seen so far. Has had some really tough reps with some awful footwork. Balance and weight distribution looks all kinds of off. But then he'll turn around and have a clean rep right afterwards.

Not sure where I'm sitting on him. I like some things a lot but there are other things that I think are just going to be stuck in my head and will give me pause.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Are you watching the practices? I don’t have cable so I just go off Twitter video I find.
Who are some guys that caught your eye?

we havent got into any of the fun drills yet in the 2nd practice

but from the first practice:

perrion winfrey
kyron johnson
boye mafe
troy anderson
zion johnson
logan hall
jeremy ruckert

but perrion winfrey was dominant in every single type of drill - 1v1s and then in team drills as well so wasnt just a case of him taking advantage of the favourable 1v1 drills - only guy who managed to do anything vs zion johnson (who's also been impressive)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've really only seen Twitter cutups but this has been my impression from what I've seen so far. Has had some really tough reps with some awful footwork. Balance and weight distribution looks all kinds of off. But then he'll turn around and have a clean rep right afterwards.

Not sure where I'm sitting on him. I like some things a lot but there are other things that I think are just going to be stuck in my head and will give me pause.

from what ive watched, the clean reps have been when he's been in his comfort zone and the ugly ones have been when he's been challenged with more vertical type sets and when he's had to redirect back inside vs inside moves

to me, it looks like a footwork issue where his base gets too narrow and he gets on his heels (as you say poor weight distribution) and sometimes even crosses his feet

im gonna have to see a lot of unlikely technical improvement tomorrow to change my mind on faalele - think he's getting a mid-2nd grade from me

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jermaine Johnson is easily the best EDGE here and might be the best player at the senior bowl on either team at any position
He would be my main trade down option if we did decide to grab more picks. Great player and a perfect fit for our defense.