• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Senior Bowl

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm glad he turned it around toward the end of the week. I think it was mentioned here already, but it felt like early on in the week he was pressing to be the badass small school guy there and he lost his way as far as technique and just general play went. But then he controlled that aggression more.

Still not my favorite guy but I think he's firmly in the early day 2 range for me right now.

to me what i think happened was he had a bit of a letdown day 1 and wasnt quite as ready for the competition as he thought, tried to make up for it on day 2 and didnt quite get it right and on day 3 it finally all came together where his level caught up to his ideas about himself and he showed he was one of the best OL there

still think pad level gets too high and hands could get outside a bit too much but after a slightly off-putting first day i have him firmly where he already was for me which is somewhere later 1st/early 2nd

certainly had a better senior bowl than raimann and faalele the other 2 "premier" tackle prospects there

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

imagine having one side of the OLine consist of Penning, Cleveland, and Jensen. Lol
128EF48E-7468-4C2D-973E-DA851081A36C.jpeg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s odd that he seemed to be worse at the senior bowl than the film suggested he should be - those vertical sets really screwed with him more than i was expecting - I wonder if he still needs to lose some more weight
I’ve always thought he would need to lose weight. What did he weigh in at the senior bowl?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Look at our boy Faalele. Lol. I still would love him here, but that was pretty funny.

Also, I would love rachaad white with one of our 4th rounders. He would be a good hedge with our 2 RBs coming back from knee injuries.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Penning would be good as a trade down option. He's a real identity pick. Tha
Look at our boy Faalele. Lol. I still would love him here, but that was pretty funny.

Also, I would love rachaad white with one of our 4th rounders. He would be a good hedge with our 2 RBs coming back from knee injuries.

I've been really wanting White as a change of pace RB.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
He needs to get to like 370 if he can, that is just too damn much mass to carry

didn’t he take a year off from football to focus on his training for the upcoming draft. The fact that he came to the senior bowl at 387 could be concerning. You think it’s a red flag?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
didn’t he take a year off from football to focus on his training for the upcoming draft. The fact that he came to the senior bowl at 387 could be concerning. You think it’s a red flag?

he did not take a year off lol

for context in 2020 he was playing at 400lbs and this year was playing around 380ish (which is roughly what he showed up at for the senior bowl)

will be interesting to see what he weighs in at the combine where he'll actually have been training for speed and strength purposes

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
he did not take a year off lol

for context in 2020 he was playing at 400lbs and this year was playing around 380ish (which is roughly what he showed up at for the senior bowl)

will be interesting to see what he weighs in at the combine where he'll actually have been training for speed and strength purposes

I must be trippin. I thought he took a covid year off. Lol my bad

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guys who stood out to me in the game:

Bernhard Raimann
Trevor Penning
Jamaree Salyer
Marquis Hayes
Ed Ingram
Zion Johnson
Abram Smith
Boye Mafe
Perrion Winfrey
Travis Jones
Myjai Sanders
Jesse Luketa
Chad Muma
Derion Kendrick
Jalen Pitre

Jalen Pitre would be such a nice replacement for Tavon. Wouldn’t mind him one bit.

Jaylon Watson in the middle rounds as well. From the 1v1s I’ve been seeing on YouTube, seems to be in good coverage most of his reps.

i know we don’t need a WR this year, but if we did.. I would’ve been clamoring for Christian Watson. Dudes freaky

Last edited: