• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Senior Bowl

JO_75

Hall of Famer

so nfl a lot higher than media scouts right now on willis

Interesting, and we know Pittsburgh doesn't hide their intentions on who they will draft. We knew they were taking Najee and trading up for Devin Bush. This seems like another obvious but unlike Mac Jones, I think Willis is definitely off the board before Pittsburgh picks barring a trade.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

counterpoint - they're not teammates and he only pushed his head because he stopped himself from throwing his whole body on top of him like he would have in real life

this isnt a team practice - this is a live contact full-speed drill - some of the afters on day 2 was too much from penning (looked like he himself was a bit frustrated) but have absolutely no issues with anything he did today in terms of aggression... including that rep

also... easiest way for the defender to not have that happen to him is to not let himself get pancaked and then get mad about it - pretty sure tyreke smith there isnt pissed off about the head push but moreso about all the times penning's put him on the ground this week

but also - i hope the american team edge guys are prepared for him because if jermaine johnson sits it out, then they're left with kingsley enagbare and a bunch of smaller faster guys and if penning can get hands on he's going to relish mowing them down and engabare hasnt got the wiggle to stress him around the corner i dont think

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
american team practice been a bit lower octane:

standouts:
brian robinson
ed ingram
calvin austin
channing tindall
eric johnson
I actually would really like Channing Tindall in third or fourth. I think he fits Macdonald's defense fairly well, and gives us some speed at LB if Queen gets hurt.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting, and we know Pittsburgh doesn't hide their intentions on who they will draft. We knew they were taking Najee and trading up for Devin Bush. This seems like another obvious but unlike Mac Jones, I think Willis is definitely off the board before Pittsburgh picks barring a trade.
I think the Commanders would take him as well. Definitely weird typing that.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I've seen nothing but rave reviews on Jermaine Johnson this week. I haven't watched much of the Senior Bowl, but fair to say he looked great?

I've only watched him against Miami, Wake and NC State

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've seen nothing but rave reviews on Jermaine Johnson this week. I haven't watched much of the Senior Bowl, but fair to say he looked great?

I've only watched him against Miami, Wake and NC State

looked like the best player there - just easy dominance on a rep to rep basis - and showed off a load of different moves too just to show scouts that he has a bunch of tools in his toolkit if they werent sure

LSURavenFan

Veteran
looked like the best player there - just easy dominance on a rep to rep basis - and showed off a load of different moves too just to show scouts that he has a bunch of tools in his toolkit if they werent sure

He's a really intriguing prospect. Although, I think I'd have Travon Walker slightly ahead of him if both are on the board for the Ravens

Simba

Staff Member

but he's a meany...!!!

clearly even the defenders who wanted to fight him had no actual issues with him lol

I'm glad he turned it around toward the end of the week. I think it was mentioned here already, but it felt like early on in the week he was pressing to be the badass small school guy there and he lost his way as far as technique and just general play went. But then he controlled that aggression more.

Still not my favorite guy but I think he's firmly in the early day 2 range for me right now.