• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Superb Owl

K-Dog

MVP
Misspelling to avoid any copyright or tradmark infringement.

I WANT Eagles by 21.
I expect Pats by 3.

I also predict lame halftime entertainment.
Commercials will be above average.
National Anthem will have controversy.

Pats win the coin toss.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Believe it or not I'm rooting for the Patriots. First just to tie the Steelers at the top of the mountain so they not kings no more. 2nd so I can keep lording it over the Eagles fans who are so mouthy even tho they've never won an Suberb Owl. Hate to lose that playing card.

26-17 Pats. Eagles score late td. Count on D to stop Tom. Fail!!!

The Raven

Veteran
Go Pats. Forget the haters. They win because they're coached the best and play the best. They're disciplined, they work hard, and they don't make mistakes. Their defenders are disciplined in their assignments, don't miss tackles, and rarely allow big plays. Their oline keeps a clean pocket and opens running space without really having any all stars. Their backs go through the hole and don't fumble. Their receivers run clean routes, break when their supposed to, catch the ball(!), and then run. Their QB takes care of the ball and doesn't turn it over. Everyone does their damn job.

That's the formula for a Lombardi.

You can call them cheaters if it helps you sleep better but the fact is they keep winning even after they get caught. Every time they get caught, they go back to their winning ways -- sometimes doing better than they did before. Oh, we got caught deflating footballs in a "deeply flawed" study? Fuck it, we'll cram a football down your throat and win another Super Bowl without it. Everybody in this game cuts corners. If you think the Patriots are alone in spying on teams (which was in gray area) or deflating footballs then you're about as dumb as a box of rocks. Patriots get the shaft because nobody likes them. It's well known that Goodell hates Kraft. Belichick is the only coach not in the coaches's association. The league's out to get them because nobody can beat them (except Joe Flacco and Eli Manning, apparently).

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Go Pats. Forget the haters. They win because they're coached the best and play the best. They're disciplined, they work hard, and they don't make mistakes. Their defenders are disciplined in their assignments, don't miss tackles, and rarely allow big plays. Their oline keeps a clean pocket and opens running space without really having any all stars. Their backs go through the hole and don't fumble. Their receivers run clean routes, break when their supposed to, catch the ball(!), and then run. Their QB takes care of the ball and doesn't turn it over. Everyone does their damn job.

You can call them cheaters if it helps you sleep better but the fact is they keep winning even after they get caught. Every time they get caught, they go back to their winning ways -- sometimes doing better than they did before. Oh, we got caught deflating footballs in a "deeply flawed" study? Fuck it, we'll cram a football down your throat and win another Super Bowl without it. Everybody in this game cuts corners. If you think the Patriots are alone in spying on teams (which was in gray area) or deflating footballs then you're about as dumb as a box of rocks. Patriots get the shaft because nobody likes them. It's well known that Goodell hates Kraft. Belichick is the only coach not in the coaches's association. The league's out to get them because nobody can beat them (except Joe Flacco and Eli Manning, apparently).
I for one subscribe to the notion that they actually play the game fairly. And that the refs don't help them as much as others think(though the memes are hilarious)... I have nothing but the utmost respect for Darth Hoodie even though as a non patriots fan I'm obligated to not like him. He's the best coach in the league bar none.

That said.. Fuck them anyway. Fuck Tom Brady and his shitty attitude. He's a top 5 QB of all time but he's a fucking diva. Fuck him and fuck Patriots fans too.. They are the modern day Yankees fan of sheer fucking arrogance when part of the reality is that they more or less get a cakewalk every year to the super bowl because the AFC has 2 real teams at the moment and the other two teams with competent management(us and the Broncos) are in a reloading period at the moment. While ultimately they deserve credit for those past two rings, a big portion of their two most recent super bowl victories can be attributed to dumb decisions at the last minute for the Seahawks, and the other team repeatedly pulling a Plaxico Burress for two straight quarters because they got cute. Did they earn the win? Yeah, their players made plays when they had to (Edelman last SB had one of the most improbable receptions of all time). But it wasn't utter domination so much as the other team just fucking up on their own volition if you ask me. The Falcons and Seahawks had those games in the bag only to shoot themselves in the foot. If either had made a singular slight adjustment Brady would have more super bowl losses than wins right now.

But the point is moot. Fuck Tom Brady and Fuck Patriots fans. Bill and Kraft? Those two are fine.

That said.. Go Patriots. Sorry if I am going to be excommunicated from this damn forum for cheering for them.. But if there's any fanbase worse than Patriots fans... It's eagles fans. It also helps that half of my study abroad group is from Philly and the other half from New England. Guess which half my friends in the group are from. Fuck Eagles fans and fuck their feelings. I hope EDP goes on a rampage that destroys the entire city and scares Carson Wentz into joining an organization that's somewhat classy.

Also Rob Gronkowski has helped me win 3 fantasy Super Bowls. What have you done for us eagles? Send us your cast away Jeremy Maclin who fucked us in the ass so hard that even Alexis Texas couldn't enjoy it?

I hate both of these teams.. But my money is on New England.. Literally.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I for one subscribe to the notion that they actually play the game fairly. And that the refs don't help them as much as others think(though the memes are hilarious)... I have nothing but the utmost respect for Darth Hoodie even though as a non patriots fan I'm obligated to not like him. He's the best coach in the league bar none.

That said.. Fuck them anyway. Fuck Tom Brady and his shitty attitude. He's a top 5 QB of all time but he's a fucking diva. Fuck him and fuck Patriots fans too.. They are the modern day Yankees fan of sheer fucking arrogance when part of the reality is that they more or less get a cakewalk every year to the super bowl because the AFC has 2 real teams at the moment and the other two teams with competent management(us and the Broncos) are in a reloading period at the moment. While ultimately they deserve credit for those past two rings, a big portion of their two most recent super bowl victories can be attributed to dumb decisions at the last minute for the Seahawks, and the other team repeatedly pulling a Plaxico Burress for two straight quarters because they got cute. Did they earn the win? Yeah, their players made plays when they had to (Edelman last SB had one of the most improbable receptions of all time). But it wasn't utter domination so much as the other team just fucking up on their own volition if you ask me. The Falcons and Seahawks had those games in the bag only to shoot themselves in the foot. If either had made a singular slight adjustment Brady would have more super bowl losses than wins right now.

But the point is moot. Fuck Tom Brady and Fuck Patriots fans. Bill and Kraft? Those two are fine.

That said.. Go Patriots. Sorry if I am going to be excommunicated from this damn forum for cheering for them.. But if there's any fanbase worse than Patriots fans... It's eagles fans. It also helps that half of my study abroad group is from Philly and the other half from New England. Guess which half my friends in the group are from. Fuck Eagles fans and fuck their feelings. I hope EDP goes on a rampage that destroys the entire city and scares Carson Wentz into joining an organization that's somewhat classy.

Also Rob Gronkowski has helped me win 3 fantasy Super Bowls. What have you done for us eagles? Send us your cast away Jeremy Maclin who fucked us in the ass so hard that even Alexis Texas couldn't enjoy it?

I too, am going for the Pats.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
If I was actually going to watch this game then I'd probably pull for the Eagles, but I think the Pats will end up winning regardless. Also, Philly fans don't really deserve anything good so there's that. Honestly, just fuck this game, in general.

K-Dog

MVP
I wouldn't say this is *the least* interesting super bowl in recent years. But I am going into it with a pretty low level of enthusiasm.
I hope the Eagles put up a fight and are in this game at least until the two minute warning. ( In the fourth quarter that is ) but I think it will be over before then.

I would have LOVED a Jags / Eagles super bowl.

Oh well. At least I have some great food to look forward to.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Believe it or not I'm rooting for the Patriots. First just to tie the Steelers at the top of the mountain so they not kings no more. 2nd so I can keep lording it over the Eagles fans who are so mouthy even tho they've never won an Suberb Owl. Hate to lose that playing card.

26-17 Pats. Eagles score late td. Count on D to stop Tom. Fail!!!

I too, am going for the Pats.
The fuck is wrong with you people!?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The fuck is wrong with you people!?
Patriots fans are assholes but eagles fans throw batteries at people. They boo santa. They are the clear cut worst fanbase in the entire league and it's not even close. This is a league where Raiders and Patriots fans are heavily populated. Bandwagon steelers fans are also cancer. This isn't last season which had a likeable Falcons squad, or the season previous where I could root for Broncos successfully, or the season before where we could have seen the first repeat in a decade. Both of these franchises are totally unlikeable.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
We're not whiny haters and admire organizations that achieve consistent results through discipline, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
I wasn't aware they were the only team in the league trying to achieve excellence.

Man if only the other 31 teams tried to win it every year, who knows what'd happen, you know?

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
iu

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I do not like the Pats. I can respect them for winning, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Fly Eagles Fly