• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Superb Owl

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Accuracy and dissect coverage? What I am talking about has nothing to do with the QB. There are instances where brady throws horrible passes and in spite of that the receiver is so by himself accuracy and/or timing don’t matter. I know it’s route concepts, scheme and receiver execution, but how do they get away with the rubs and picks? Why can’t others get away with it? More rhetorical questions than anything else and goes to further prove any number of QBs could succeed in that offense. Brady has been good, but hardly as good as some want to make him out to be.
Yeah, last couple seasons in particular. His numbers were great but the when watching his play in isolation, it's pretty confusing how so many wobbly passes can produce his stats.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
But free agency comes before the draft.
It does but we have no cap space to compete in FA, unless we again backload restructures. Clearly it's not working because we're restructuring average or players past their prime. Time to start cleaning the house.

I want to be optimist but between the offense in need of a complete overhaul, couple big needs on defense, perpetually squeezed salary cap space and our schedule next season, I just can't.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It does but we have no cap space to compete in FA, unless we again backload restructures. Clearly it's not working because we're restructuring average or players past their prime. Time to start cleaning the house.

I want to be optimist but between the offense in need of a complete overhaul, couple big needs on defense, perpetually squeezed salary cap space and our schedule next season, I just can't.
I won't be a full-blown pessimist, but I too can't get too optimistic about this free agency. Now when you "start cleaning the house," are you talking about players or the FO? If it's the latter, there's nothing that can be done about this offseason. Next offseason is a completely different story.

As far as the needs on defense, I think the draft is the best way to go as I also believe we'll draft a WR and hopefully an athletic TE. There's no way in hell we'll go after the big name FAs, but we tend to find a way to make a decent "splash" so I'm not too worried about that. I expect us to get some WR when the cupboard is thinning and, as I said before, draft at least one in the first 3 rounds.

As far as the schedule is concerned, we'll see what happens. The schedule now may not look the same as it will when the regular season is underway. In addition, if they want to make the playoffs, they're gonna have it to win against these playoff teams.

By the way, this post is more towards the Free Agency thread than this.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I won't be a full-blown pessimist, but I too can't get too optimistic about this free agency. Now when you "start cleaning the house," are you talking about players or the FO? If it's the latter, there's nothing that can be done about this offseason. Next offseason is a completely different story.

As far as the needs on defense, I think the draft is the best way to go as I also believe we'll draft a WR and hopefully an athletic TE. There's no way in hell we'll go after the big name FAs, but we tend to find a way to make a decent "splash" so I'm not too worried about that. I expect us to get some WR when the cupboard is thinning and, as I said before, draft at least one in the first 3 rounds.

As far as the schedule is concerned, we'll see what happens. The schedule now may not look the same as it will when the regular season is underway. In addition, if they want to make the playoffs, they're gonna have it to win against these playoff teams.

By the way, this post is more towards the Free Agency thread than this.
Sheesh, when was the subject/topic important on our boards? :p

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I got in trouble at work today. During an online conference with about 400 peeps from my company tuned in I let the patriot excuse makers have it!! Our ceo congrats to philly fans and sorry to pats fans. Like 2 pats fans made a couple one liner excuses. So I wrote a long paragraph thrashing them. Then the conference went nuts about football with excuses and non pats fans yelling cheaters. Til the boss got it back on track. And said he was gonna see who threw the first comment. I haven’t heard anything yet so he must of blamed the first one liner excuses lol.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I just read a few pages.
Not surprised. Quite delusional, many of them.
LMAO! Some funny stuff on there.

"Could have used those stolen draft picks. Maybe one would have had an impact on the game. The 31 got what they wanted."

"So I'm supposed to be OK with losing to Nick Freaking Foles and the City of Savages??!! "

"Apparently, my husband can't catch it when someone else throws it, either"

- Giselle *

200w.gif

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just loved the renditions of both America the Beautiful and the National Anthem. Leslie Odom Jr and Pink freakin killed it. Just awesome I cant say enough about it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
How do the pats get receivers so wide open? I mean brady is out there throwing up dying quails while cowering to the ground, only to have a guy standing there waiting to catch it like a fly ball. Other than jump balls to Gronk it seems most of the completions are to a guy with no defender within sight.

Foles played great, but what a fantastic game from his receivers. Aglohor, Torrey and Jeffries all played great and made some tough catches look easy.
Great QBs know exactly where their receivers are going to be at a particular point in time simply because they put in the time together during practice and beyond. Brady puts in the time to build great timing with his receivers and knows their precise routes. Therefore he can afford to toss it in the general direction where in all likelihood his receiver is the only one there. Ben does the same things frequently. I just think it is developing timing with receivers in practice by doing it over and over again. Brady is simply the best to ever do it imo.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
i realise she had the flu and all so fair play to her for going up and still doing it but i wont lie - i found it painful listening to her singing it...

Well tbh I never really heard any of her music but I know I enjoyed it. If she's better than that then...........damn