• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2022

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I thought I'd post it over here as it would be easier to find. The Coaching Carousel is starting to spin, so let's see which teams may fire coaches, which GMs are on the hot seat, potential candidates and more.

- Jaguars: Plan to interview Alabama OC Bill O'Brien next week. He is the favorite as GM Trent Balkke is a fan of O'Brien.

- Giants: GM Dave Gettlemen to retire following Sundays game.

Now for the big news as Jim Harbaugh is set to leave Michigan and return to the NFL. Rumors say The Las Vegas Raiders and Harbaugh have a deal in place with an announcements as early as next week.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If it is true and Jim Harbaugh does sign with the Raiders or any NFL team for that matter, does that mean we don't need to draft a Michigan player every year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If it is true and Jim Harbaugh does sign with the Raiders or any NFL team for that matter, does that mean we don't need to draft a Michigan player every year.

I just find it hilarious that Jim took Michigan to the playoffs, faced a SEC team and said I'm out lol. At least he finally got a win over Ohio State.

Just wish he woukd head to a NFC team like Da Bears or Vikings so we can have another Harbaugh Bowl.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just find it hilarious that Jim took Michigan to the playoffs, faced a SEC team and said I'm out lol. At least he finally got a win over Ohio State.

Just wish he woukd head to a NFC team like Da Bears or Vikings so we can have another Harbaugh Bowl.
Agree. John going 2-0 in Harbaugh Bowls would be nice. This time without any break in the middle of the game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

It just means we start signing every Raider Free Agent and trading with them more frequently.

Guess Draft wise we just draft Alabama and Oklahoma players every round.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

tbf if i saw how far away my team was from the SEC powerhouses after all those years of recruiting and building i'd probably yeet myself out of there too

just no competition at all

JO_75

Hall of Famer
To get back on topic somewhat

I'd be shocked if Byron Leftwich isnt a HC somewhere this coaching cycle

and also sounds like matt rhule might be safe which would be ridiculous to me...

Schefter just confirmed it, Panthers keeping Rhule for 2022. I just wonder if Carolina had the same conversation Denver is probably having about Fangio.

Fire the Head Coach, start over or keep your current Head Coach and pair him with an established QB via trade.... Watson, Rodgers, Wilson, etc. Vangio really hasn't had a true Franchise QB yet. Rhule meanwhile hasn't either but deserves blame for mismanagement of the QB position this season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Schefter just confirmed it, Panthers keeping Rhule for 2022. I just wonder if Carolina had the same conversation Denver is probably having about Fangio.

Fire the Head Coach, start over or keep your current Head Coach and pair him with an established QB via trade.... Watson, Rodgers, Wilson, etc. Vangio really hasn't had a true Franchise QB yet. Rhule meanwhile hasn't either but deserves blame for mismanagement of the QB position this season.

i get it with fangio because of the ownership situation and also because at least his unit has been impressive at times

would be a tough sell to bring in a new coach in a couple of weeks on a 5 year deal with tons of money in the contract and saddle the new owners with that straight away if it goes wrong - keeping fangio is much easier and much cheaper if they do want to get rid of him