• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2022

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So if there’s bad blood (there’s not), he could literally screw them over?

i mean i guess - but then they'd fire him early and replace him then
it doesnt stop GMs from getting fired on black monday or anything like that but that's when a lot of the front office and scouting personnel promotions, changes etc. happen

it's normally not when you'd be doing an external hire for a new GM but it is often when you promote scouts and execs to new roles when working within your organisation

it's really difficult to hire a scout before the draft and expect anything out of them in that time - so their contracts focus on the draft so that they get the whole year to do their job (which takes that whole time)

but yes hypothetically that could happens... closest to that is when the jets fired mike mccagnan in 2019 after the draft seemingly out of nowhere and blamed it on alcholism

Simba

Staff Member
From earlier today but...

Thanks for the 3rd round picks if so. But I would put this one in the categorically unfair if it happens. Had an awful roster and was brought in to change the culture. Don't see how you can hire a guy for that reason and then let him go with what's been given to him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
From earlier today but...

Thanks for the 3rd round picks if so. But I would put this one in the categorically unfair if it happens. Had an awful roster and was brought in to change the culture. Don't see how you can hire a guy for that reason and then let him go with what's been given to him.

he was 100% brought in to be the fall guy to take up the year so that the organisation seemed less toxic this year 1 year further removed from the political battles going on in that building

easterby and caserio still pulling strings there so it makes a lot of sense they'd want another patriots dude to come with them - idk if mcdaniels is in their weird little pseudo religious cult thing they've got going on with the texans owner though

that being said there have been some genuinely baffling HC decisions from Culley including one ill never forget when he declined an offsides penalty on 3rd and 15 to make it 3rd and 10 and instead kept 4th and 2 but then punted...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
he was 100% brought in to be the fall guy to take up the year so that the organisation seemed less toxic this year 1 year further removed from the political battles going on in that building

easterby and caserio still pulling strings there so it makes a lot of sense they'd want another patriots dude to come with them - idk if mcdaniels is in their weird little pseudo religious cult thing they've got going on with the texans owner though

that being said there have been some genuinely baffling HC decisions from Culley including one ill never forget when he declined an offsides penalty on 3rd and 15 to make it 3rd and 10 and instead kept 4th and 2 but then punted...

He was brought in as a temporary HC with the goal of McDaniels. It's just a matter of how many years the Texans are willing to keep Culley around. If they get the sense McDaniels will say yes, then he's one & done. They gutted the roster to do a rebuild, guessing Davis Mills who played well down the stretch is going to be the guy going forward perhaps? Just seems unfair to gut the roster, hire a new head coach and then fire the head coach one year later. Like the Lions found out, the Texans are going to find out the hard way that the Patriot way just doesn't work unless you have Brady or Belichick.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

lmaooooo wtf, I would be livid as a fan (I'm sure the players were too)

Simba

Staff Member
Brian Flores fired after leading the Dolphins to wins in 8 of their 9 last games. A real shame there. He’s a damn good coach who has made a lot of good things happen with that team despite some major flaws.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flores has been fired. I don't get that one.

Yeah I can't believe they fired him. He wasn't bad at all and he almost took them to the playoffs after a terrible start. Even beat the Patriots yesterday. Too bad he's not an offensive mind or I'd say bring him in for Roman.

Simba

Staff Member
Rumored that Flores being let go has less to do with his coaching abilities and more of a power struggle and a sign of deeper issues within the organization. Would imagine all of the BS with Tua and the will he or won’t be traded has fractured some relationships there. They certainly did not handle all of that well.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah I can't believe they fired him. He wasn't bad at all and he almost took them to the playoffs after a terrible start. Even beat the Patriots yesterday. Too bad he's not an offensive mind or I'd say bring him in for Roman.

Rumored that Flores being let go has less to do with his coaching abilities and more of a power struggle and a sign of deeper issues within the organization. Would imagine all of the BS with Tua and the will he or won’t be traded has fractured some relationships there. They certainly did not handle all of that well.
I mean..........I could be wrong, but I don't recall Tua lighting it up week by week either. Against the Bills last year in week 17, Tua was garbage. Against the Titans this year, he was WORSE. I don't know how much I can put it on Flores when his QB stinks up the joint in must win games.

Simba

Staff Member
I mean..........I could be wrong, but I don't recall Tua lighting it up week by week either. Against the Bills last year in week 17, Tua was garbage. Against the Titans this year, he was WORSE. I don't know how much I can put it on Flores when his QB stinks up the joint in must win games.

Its not on Flores really. He’s clearly just the scapegoat here. Relationships deteriorated due to the FOs inability to be transparent with him and Tua on what they wanted to do.