• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Injuries, Big Ben's Final Game and Farewell to A Cursed Season

Tyler

Practice Squad
you cant go back in those recordings i dont think - you got a summary?
and is it current or based on his experiences as a raven?
He was basically saying that Steve Saunders, as well as a lot of guys in the NFL, use an outdated out school conditioning program that requires more “locomotive” motion that most certainly leads to these non contact injuries. I’m no doctor, so I can’t remember the Specifics, but it was pretty damning, in regards to Steve Saunders

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
He was basically saying that Steve Saunders, as well as a lot of guys in the NFL, use an outdated out school conditioning program that requires more “locomotive” motion that most certainly leads to these non contact injuries. I’m no doctor, so I can’t remember the Specifics, but it was pretty damning, in regards to Steve Saunders
I mean, does he actually know what the hell he’s talking about?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

locomotive?

i know that there was a big change in the conditioning staff after 2015 where they moved away from just straight up weight-lifting and stuff like that and lots of linear movements and saunders came in and had a focus on being more conscious of training and strengthening in more game appropriate and player-specific ways

sounds to me like unless saunders isnt doing what he said he was going to, that qadry's talking about the regime as it was when he was there

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sizzle blew his out, 5 months after surgery he was back on the field. Hopefully Ty can recover similarly.
he wasn't at top form at that point, but I'm hoping he can come back by preseason and get in football shape. Shame this had to happen.

Simba

Staff Member
Also let's talk about the fact that Latavius Murray has had next to no explosion all year and today he decided to be what we thought we were getting when we signed him.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Also let's talk about the fact that Latavius Murray has had next to no explosion all year and today he decided to be what we thought we were getting when we signed him.
At times he looked like he was shot out of a gun.

Oldschool

Practice Squad
So, I was doing some of my best thinking and it got me to wonder. Ben swept the Ravens in 2021. Ben swept the Ravens in 2020. Ben didn't play vs Ravens in 2019. Ben was 1-1 vs Ravens in 2018, winning the last one.

Therefore, Ben won his last 5 consecutive games against the Ravens. That's pretty darn amazing.

But wait, there's more. Ben swept the Ravens in 2017. Ben was 1-1 versus the Ravens in 2016, winning the last one. So he was 8-2 in his last 10 games against the Ravens. Again, pretty darn amazing.

Troll alert

Lousy way to end a lousy season. Sure they'll be healthier next year. As the saying goes, when you're at the bottom, the only place to go is up.

Last edited:

Oldschool

Practice Squad
At times he looked like he was shot out of a gun.
It was just because he was playing against a putrid D line. He (they) should have run in that same gap over and over until it was stopped. If it ain’t broke kinda thing…

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, I was doing some of my best thinking and it got me to wonder. Ben swept the Ravens in 2021. Ben swept the Ravens in 2020. Ben didn't play vs Ravens in 2019. Ben was 1-1 vs Ravens in 2018, winning the last one.

Therefore, Ben won his last 5 consecutive games against the Ravens. That's pretty darn amazing.

But wait, there's more. Ben swept the Ravens in 2017. Ben was 1-1 versus the Ravens in 2016, winning the last one. So he was 8-2 in his last 10 games against the Ravens. Again, pretty darn amazing.
And he played bad in all of those games

rossihunter2

Staff Member

what's funny is that TJ's in phase here - not sure he could actually play it much better - ben made easily his best throw of the day there maybe his best throw in weeks lol

but TJ's come in and looked dynamic since he turned up and also played on special teams - would 100% be cool with him returning in 2022 - he's still pretty young - only gonna turn 30 in a few weeks time

could definitely be part of the dime rotation and backup at the safety position