• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Injuries, Big Ben's Final Game and Farewell to A Cursed Season

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
10 receiving TDs, 11 rushing TDs. And he's improving, 14 of those so far this year.

Could probably go back and forth all day but at this point nothing will change my view of Brown. He is who he is.
Hollywood has improved every season as well and is still improving and those yards would have been more with Lamar playing a full season.

2019 - 584 (with a screw in his foot)
2020 - 789
2021 - 1008

All with Greg Roman as his OC.

Anyway, both Hollywood and Deebo are very good wide receivers and a different style. I'm happy to have him on this team.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Until he starts showing up for big games by catching passes and TD's that hit him in his hands, I'm calling MB, "Handsofwood" instead of "Hollywood.". Smh!

giphy.gif

I mean, he's been one of our only players to consistently show up in our playoff games over the past few seasons so he's obviously capable of showing up in big games. He just needs to continue improving, which he has done every season, and maybe we'll start to see less of those egregious drops that he has every so often.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean, he's been one of our only players to consistently show up in our playoff games over the past few seasons so he's obviously capable of showing up in big games. He just needs to continue improving, which he has done every season, and maybe we'll start to see less of those egregious drops that he has every so often.
he only has a 4.1% drop rate, which isn't bad compared to his peers. His yards per reception dropped off significantly when Lamar was hurt, but he still produced and had 39 receptions with them in the game in weeks 12-18.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/receiving_advanced.htm

Mark Andrews has one of the better drop rates in the NFL at 1.9%

When this year began, I don't think we envisioned Mark Andrews (107) and Hollywood (91) having 198 receptions combined and both getting over 1,000 yards. I did have a bold prediction (not that bold though) of Hollywood getting 1k yards.

Last edited:

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
he only has a 4.1% drop rate, which isn't bad compared to his peers. His yards per reception dropped off significantly when Lamar was hurt, but he still produced and had 39 receptions with them in the game in weeks 12-18.

I have no problem with Hollywood, but he does seems to drop balls in clutch moments that, if he had caught them, would have completely shifted momentum in our favor to win those games. As long as he continues to work on his game then I think we'll see less of that and the complaints will start to go away.

Last edited by a moderator:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have no problem with Hollywood, but he does seems to drop balls in clutch moments that, if he had caught them, would have completely shifted momentum in our favor to win those games. As long as he continues to work on his game then I think we'll see less of that and the complaints will start to go away.

I corrected the drop rate as PFR has him at PFR. Yes, he's improved every season and I expect him to continue improving. Yes many are momentum changing plays like the ones in Detroit or yesterdays drops. They are definitely more memorable, especially the Lions game where they were bombs in nature and most likely TDs.

In regards to clutch moments, he's been the only receiver that has balled in the playoff games, so he does tend to step up in these moments, but yesterday he had a bad game, without question.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hollywood is good with potential to be great I just don't want to see this team pay him #1 wr money IMO.
Paying Hollywood 14-16m will be a fair contract and nowhere near top of the line money. His contract will also look cheap in the coming years.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Paying Hollywood 14-16m will be a fair contract and nowhere near top of the line money. His contract will also look cheap in the coming years.
Kenny Golladay is making 20+ mil the next two seasons to catch 0 TD passes. If Hollywood would stay for 15ish a year I will take that immediately

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Which guy would you rather have right now? lol
AJ Brown lol
It's hard to compare them based on the offenses that they are in. He had less catches with the 49ers than Hollywood. If we used him in the running game this year like Kyle did than that would have been a huge advantage, but I doubt Roman would have done that. To me they are both very good wide receivers. I'd probably say I'd rather want Deebo. That being said I really liked him coming out, but was scared away by the amount of hamstring issues he had in college.

btw, Marquise Brown has 21 TDs to Deebo Samuel's 10, since coming out in 2019
Marquise has been good here. He just has a few mistakes that have been costly but everyone has issues. I think he will continue to improve and has improved every year IMHO. Compared to the other guys in his draft it's hard to say he's a bad pick but I do still think AJ Brown was a better option. That said, Hollywood has been good and has been a good fit here.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think Hollywood would even consider staying here for $15M a year. I think the people suggesting that range aren't realistically in the right range.

Yea Robert Woods, Adam Thielen, Brandon Cooks, Allen Robinson .. all making 16+ annually. That’s my starting point if I’m Hollywood. Probably looking for 18-20 avg./year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Hall of Famer
Where are these big playoff numbers for Hollywood? Is this not correct? Decent yardage I guess, but 0 TDs.

upload_2022-1-10_11-5-29.png

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Pretty interesting choice of words by Harbs
"We fell short because we have a sorry ass excuse of a backup QB. Gosh, some of these throws he was making made me want to sprint on the field and run his fade. The defense? Don't get me started with those pussies. All these dropped INTs are some of the most cowardly acts of football that I have ever seen in my entire life.

"Anybody else has some dumbass questions they want to ask me? No? Okay then fuck off."