• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Injuries, Big Ben's Final Game and Farewell to A Cursed Season

Simba

Staff Member

what's funny is that TJ's in phase here - not sure he could actually play it much better - ben made easily his best throw of the day there maybe his best throw in weeks lol

but TJ's come in and looked dynamic since he turned up and also played on special teams - would 100% be cool with him returning in 2022 - he's still pretty young - only gonna turn 30 in a few weeks time

could definitely be part of the dime rotation and backup at the safety position

And if Averett is gone, give the man his 23 back. I've questioned who 31 is multiple times since he's been back because it just looks so unnatural on him.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d take the record vs. the style points.
I would rather have the playoff wins myself, which is probably why you're focused on beating the Ravens instead of beating, well, literally anybody else.

I'll let you decide which one will be more important for you guys in KC next weekend. My guess is it'll be "style points", i.e. "hey, we didn't lose by 30".

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Until he starts showing up for big games by catching passes and TD's that hit him in his hands, I'm calling MB, "Handsofwood" instead of "Hollywood.". Smh!

giphy.gif

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I just realized we've had a season ending injury to key players against the Steelers 3 out of our last 4 games now.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Hollywood's drop % coming into today was 5.4%.

For perspective, Deebo Samuel's is 12%

Another perspective.........Guessing Samuel probably has 3 times the YAC as Hollywood. lol

edit; fixed my mistake.

Last edited:

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Deebo is a rookie and drops were an issue for him early in the season. From what I've read he's fixed it for the most part. Hollywood is not a rookie.

Another perspective.........Guessing Samuel probably has 3 times the YAC as Hollywood. lol
Not sure if I am misreading this, but Deebo Samuel is a rookie? He and Marquise were in the same draft class 2019 or am I mixing up my years & prospects here?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Totally correct, my bad.
No worries, was making sure I wasn't mixing them up too because I thought they were same year. You may be right about YAC, not sure there. I know Hollywood likes to catch and turn when sometimes he should just catch and run. He'd probably have more YAC if he did that. He just has these weird lapses of drops and stuff. It's strange.

Tank

Hall of Famer
No worries, was making sure I wasn't mixing them up too because I thought they were same year. You may be right about YAC, not sure there. I know Hollywood likes to catch and turn when sometimes he should just catch and run. He'd probably have more YAC if he did that. He just has these weird lapses of drops and stuff. It's strange.
I think it's his small stature, he's constantly making business decisions to avoid contact. Seems at times he may be thinking more about that than catching the ball or getting to the sticks.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which guy would you rather have right now? lol
It's hard to compare them based on the offenses that they are in. He had less catches with the 49ers than Hollywood. If we used him in the running game this year like Kyle did than that would have been a huge advantage, but I doubt Roman would have done that. To me they are both very good wide receivers. I'd probably say I'd rather want Deebo. That being said I really liked him coming out, but was scared away by the amount of hamstring issues he had in college.

btw, Marquise Brown has 21 TDs to Deebo Samuel's 10, since coming out in 2019

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's hard to compare them based on the offenses that they are in. He had less catches with the 49ers than Hollywood. If we used him in the running game this year like Kyle did than that would have been a huge advantage, but I doubt Roman would have done that. To me they are both very good wide receivers. I'd probably say I'd rather want Deebo. That being said I really liked him coming out, but was scared away by the amount of hamstring issues he had in college.

btw, Marquise Brown has 21 TDs to Deebo Samuel's 10, since coming out in 2019

10 receiving TDs, 11 rushing TDs. And he's improving, 14 of those so far this year.

Could probably go back and forth all day but at this point nothing will change my view of Brown. He is who he is.