• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Indeed, coming into the season I was a bit worried with Duv being our #3 Wr, he is only a gadget player and the faster people can admit that the better off we are. Sammy had some big catches last year I fully know no wr not Bateman could make this year. We don’t often need a wr 3 so I was fine with Duv.

But when he becomes our #2? We’re fucked. We don’t need terry or Dj, we need a current stage Julio, or anyone who has actually proven they can beat coverage- espically in situations where the defense knows where passing
Just curious... what's the difference between Julio and Watkins at this point?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just doesn't look right

What’s worst?

7A3A4167-6F6E-42FF-B8D8-1FA52590D4FD.jpeg

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Indeed, coming into the season I was a bit worried with Duv being our #3 Wr, he is only a gadget player and the faster people can admit that the better off we are. Sammy had some big catches last year I fully know no wr not Bateman could make this year. We don’t often need a wr 3 so I was fine with Duv.

But when he becomes our #2? We’re fucked. We don’t need terry or Dj, we need a current stage Julio, or anyone who has actually proven they can beat coverage- espically in situations where the defense knows where passing
Exactly

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Julio's floor is far better, and so is his ceiling. and I honestly wouldn't mind having sammy back knowing our lack of a #2
I mean the floor for Julio is not playing a lot. He missed 7 games last year and the year before.
Ceiling may be higher, but there's not a lot out there on film in the last two years to make people think that ceiling is very high.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The most important difference is only one of them is available.
It was a comparison I made. I'm saying we couldn't wait to run Watkins out of town fast enough, which was justifiable, yet I'm not sure Julio is that much of an upgrade over him at this stage in his career, and now people are clamoring for him.
I understand the situation has changed, but that doesn't mean bringing in clearly descending football players is the solution either.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I mean the floor for Julio is not playing a lot. He missed 7 games last year and the year before.
Ceiling may be higher, but there's not a lot out there on film in the last two years to make people think that ceiling is very high.
The floor for Watkins is also not playing a lot.

Take it easy on yourself, no need to fill an entire page with arguments that Watkins may be just as good as Julio, He’s not and the conversation isnt worth it

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The floor for Watkins is also not playing a lot.

Take it easy on yourself, no need to fill an entire page with arguments that Watkins may be just as good as Julio, He’s not and the conversation isnt worth it
I agree. Mostly just targeting the obvious May hypocrisy of the Ravens fan boards. It's tradition after all...