• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If proche is that guy, it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise, as far as being committed to realizing potential proche is the lead dog in the race, by far, he has a freakish work ethic and puts more into elevating his game than anyone, he’s got an energy that none of the others have, he’s hungry as fuck and has the best hands on the team, getting his route game as perfect as possible could go a long way
Bateman and Proche together as breakout players is a #SIIE that I can and WILL get behind.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Totally. And theres also plenty of OL you'd ideally like to keep. It's sucks that a ton of offensive spots need to be filled by people who won't necessarily make any impact this year. Especially when there are so many defensive guys we want to keep who could.

But even still as you said ILB is so thin. And to start the year so is EDGE.

they're gonna keep 9 OL and maybe try and trade ben powers for something and probably try and sneak trystan colon onto the practice squad

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think the guys im most excited/interested to see this offseason and preseason are:
Dealin Hayes (my guy lol)
James Proche
Tylan Wallace
Tyre Phillips + Ben Cleveland

and obviously all the rookies too - but of the rookies I'm most intrigued to see how Pepe and Likely do as 2 guys I was least familiar with in the pre-draft process and the guys who were the "afterthoughts" of the 4th round but who've both made waves early in the offseason activities
For me it's absolutely Proche, Bateman, and Oweh early in the season. I wanna see these guys take the next step.

Kate in the season I just wanna see a flash of Ojabo, my guy

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For me it's absolutely Proche, Bateman, and Oweh early in the season. I wanna see these guys take the next step.

Kate in the season I just wanna see a flash of Ojabo, my guy

oh in season for sure - wanna see good early play from all our recent high picks... queen, JK (if he's healthy), madubuike, bateman, oweh, stephens, linderbaum, hamilton, jones etc.

was just talking about the preseason (when we wont see much of any of these guys)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
oh in season for sure - wanna see good early play from all our recent high picks... queen, JK (if he's healthy), madubuike, bateman, oweh, stephens, linderbaum, hamilton, jones etc.

was just talking about the preseason (when we wont see much of any of these guys)
Oh oh yeah for sure. In preseason yeah its gonna be all about the young WRs, TEs, and CBS for me. Let's see what these guys can do against lesser talent.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ah yes finally. I told everyone that Terry would probably be on the table. He's the ONLY guy I said I would trade for. Eric, you can do this my man. I know you can.

Legit SIIE candidate right here. However, the odds have gotta be almost 0

I feel like Dan Snyder is the type of dude that would be too petty to trade with his rivals lol

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is why he wouldn't trade Trent Williams to the Niners for a 1st round pick.

Do not mention that name on this site. If you want to say anything regarding him you can just D.. S.....

You have been warned

Are the Niners and WFT rivals? I know D.S. fighting Baltimore for fans lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Look at the time between the 1st and 2nd drop.

People think most of these moves are to stop the Bengals. We were already stout against the run and most fans knew we didn't have a true FS. These moves set us up well against the Bills as well and any team 3 deep at wr or TE focused. The defense is what I'm most intrigued with this season. I don't see any way the TO and sack numbers don't go up from 2 seasons ago. I'm not even going to count that mess from last year. Next is the play of the OL. Likely, Badie and Linderbaum are the new guys I'm interested in following in camp from the rooks. Don't know why, but see Oweh and Madubuike benefiting from the system change in a big way.