• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
283843A2-CF18-494C-8ABC-A1E45E35ECB6.jpeg

Bruh… Pepe is a character. Gon be a fan fave fasho.

SniperGang!

JAAM

Hall of Famer

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So without being insensitive, I just wanna start back up our football talk as it's been a heavy couple of days... An already think OLBs group just got thinner. RIP Jaylon.

We had imagined Houston was coming back but now you've gotta be thinking 2 guys. Is it possible to do Houston and JPP? Will someone like Biegel now make the team?

Will we address WR? There are two positions with holes. When do the dominoes start to fall?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So without being insensitive, I just wanna start back up our football talk as it's been a heavy couple of days... An already think OLBs group just got thinner. RIP Jaylon.

We had imagined Houston was coming back but now you've gotta be thinking 2 guys. Is it possible to do Houston and JPP? Will someone like Biegel now make the team?

Will we address WR? There are two positions with holes. When do the dominoes start to fall?
Jpp looked bad last season

Simba

Staff Member

I still think you're probably only looking to add 1 more impact player at OLB as of now, and would still lean toward that being Houston. And in reality, it'll depend on Bowser's health. If he's good to go (and signs have sounded promising), then you have him, Oweh, Houston/vet, and Hayes as your top 4. You have Means and Biegel that could make the roster as OLB5, and then you have Moon who has apparently been the UDFA that has been impressing. Although it sounds like he's been back playing more ILB, you also have Harrison that can provide depth on the outside if you need it. I'd let those guys battle and see what shakes out and only add a 2nd impactful vet if someone there falters.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I still think you're probably only looking to add 1 more impact player at OLB as of now, and would still lean toward that being Houston. And in reality, it'll depend on Bowser's health. If he's good to go (and signs have sounded promising), then you have him, Oweh, Houston/vet, and Hayes as your top 4. You have Means and Biegel that could make the roster as OLB5, and then you have Moon who has apparently been the UDFA that has been impressing. Although it sounds like he's been back playing more ILB, you also have Harrison that can provide depth on the outside if you need it. I'd let those guys battle and see what shakes out and only add a 2nd impactful vet if someone there falters.
In this scenario you're basically saying you replace Jaylons spot with someone like Biegel or Moon. Still add Houston. That makes some sense for sure.

Simba

Staff Member
In this scenario you're basically saying you replace Jaylons spot with someone like Biegel or Moon. Still add Houston. That makes some sense for sure.
Essentially yes. I think we were all holding out hope when Ferguson was said to be in great shape, but I think the reality was still that he'd be at the back end of the roster and maybe an inactive on some occasions. It's not like we're replacing a starter. It's a depth guy and we have a few options there already in house.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility we sign one of JPP or Houston AND add Julio (cost permitting). I'm willing to bet a lot of money we add to the EDGE and WR rooms. Be nice if we can get someone like Quinn honestly but not sure how feasible that is

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The idea of letting our young guys play and get some action is nice and all, but I'm not sure it's realistic to think that anyone behind Bateman (and maybe Proche) can contribute at a high level, or at least at a level we need to stay competitive against teams that like to be in shootouts. I'm also excited to see what WRs get cut in training camp that might help us

redrum52

Hall of Famer
This dude spittin

I didn't even remember him being here in 18.
The idea of letting our young guys play and get some action is nice and all, but I'm not sure it's realistic to think that anyone behind Bateman (and maybe Proche) can contribute at a high level, or at least at a level we need to stay competitive against teams that like to be in shootouts. I'm also excited to see what WRs get cut in training camp that might help us
All for it at this point. Pretty sure Likely is going to have some hybrid role anyway. Looking like we're going to have to trust young guys to step up on defense as well. Hayes looking like he's going to get a lot more reps now.