• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think the deadline for him to be signed elsewhere is july 22nd - after that we've got exclusive rights to him and his 2 options at that point are accept the similar (but slightly inflated) contract that we gave him last year for 2022 or retire

vets join training camp on the 26th of july so it's highly likely we'll have a resolution in some form or another by then
Thank you!! For some reason I thought it was June 22nd. This makes more sense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know it's pff, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on these rankings.

hard to really evaluate in june but id say browns too high and dolphins maybe too low... chargers probably should be higher too but derwin james's health probably dinged them a bit

rams probably arent a top 10 secondary either tbh - but i cant think of a team who id obviously put over them who's not on the list already but that feels high for them

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think the deadline for him to be signed elsewhere is july 22nd - after that we've got exclusive rights to him and his 2 options at that point are accept the similar (but slightly inflated) contract that we gave him last year for 2022 or retire

vets join training camp on the 26th of july so it's highly likely we'll have a resolution in some form or another by then
Technically that offer and exclusive negotiating timeline extends until week 10 in the season. So he'll still have a good like 6 weeks of offseason to sign, or could even sign mid-season, if he wanted to. Once they get to week 10, if he hasn't signed, he can't play this season.

Houston being an experienced veteran, hard to say whether he's super interested in going through a full training camp. Entirely possible he waits until mid-to-late August to sign.

Also possible he signs elsewhere in the next month, so who knows.

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
Anyone going to some of the Open Practices? Would love to take my niece and nephew because I know they have autograph sessions for their age group after. I know seating is limited, so basically just whoever gets there first?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Anyone going to some of the Open Practices? Would love to take my niece and nephew because I know they have autograph sessions for their age group after. I know seating is limited, so basically just whoever gets there first?
They do a lottery sign up on the website. I think it starts July 12th.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Are players allowed at the Ravens facilities at this point in the offseason? Or are they actually barred from being there? Can players work with coaches? Could Michael Pierce talk to MM about getting caught up? I'm not saying any of things should happen, I am just bored and am wondering what players do during this time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Are players allowed at the Ravens facilities at this point in the offseason? Or are they actually barred from being there? Can players work with coaches? Could Michael Pierce talk to MM about getting caught up? I'm not saying any of things should happen, I am just bored and am wondering what players do during this time.

not 100% sure - but im pretty sure that guys aren't allowed to work with any coaches except the trainers and medical personnel for those who are rehabbing

don't think they're otherwise allowed in the building (or if they are, they are heavily encouraged not to be) unless it's for contract purposes etc.

in terms of getting caught up, pierce will have the playbook with him - and it's possible that he was able to still participate in meetings remotely (or be given copies of those meetings etc. not sure about the rules on that)

but this is a dead period where there's not supposed to be any coaching related contact or conversations between coaches and players