• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I saw that, regarding the claim we had against Wolfe, we ended up saving $800,000during settlement with him. I also saw that we settled with Earl Thomas for 1.5 million. I was wondering what you all thought about those numbers?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I saw that, regarding the claim we had against Wolfe, we ended up saving $800,000during settlement with him. I also saw that we settled with Earl Thomas for 1.5 million. I was wondering what you all thought about those numbers?
The Earl Thomas 1.5m settlement also reduces our cap by that amount. Cap savings with Wolfe was a good one also, since his contract was guaranteed this season. Basically between the two it cost us $700k

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was fine with both. I expected Wolfe's payout to be in the 50-60% range of what he was owed, which it was.
I, like many, had forgotten about the ET grievance, but I can't complain about the end result. He got 15% of what we theoretically could have owed him, so it's fine by me.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Gonna be interesting to see what the added muscle/weight will do for Lamar. Should definitely improve the outside throws and durability, hopefully doesn’t slow him down much. Seems like a great improvement, but I get spooked seeing such a drastic body composition change, thinking back to 2013 Ray Rice and that debacle.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gonna be interesting to see what the added muscle/weight will do for Lamar. Should definitely improve the outside throws and durability, hopefully doesn’t slow him down much. Seems like a great improvement, but I get spooked seeing such a drastic body composition change, thinking back to 2013 Ray Rice and that debacle.
I don’t think it’s nearly as big a difference as people are saying, he was pretty jacked last year too, in fact every summer when Lamar starts to resurface everybody always raves about his added weight. In fact, look at the mfs neck, he’s supposed to be big.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think it’s nearly as big a difference as people are saying, he was pretty jacked last year too, in fact every summer when Lamar starts to resurface everybody always raves about his added weight. In fact, look at the mfs neck, he’s supposed to be big.

takeo spikes neck worthy

Tank

Hall of Famer

Yeah neck last year, but hard not to see the huge difference all over this year, especially upper body. grown ass man now. lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
Biggest neck in human history
1657371503257.jpeg

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think it will make next to no difference to his actual accuracy, motion, throwing power etc.
if this weight changes anything, it's about how it affects his rushing and how it affects his durability in the pocket