• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2022 Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
any word on why this kids being a piece of shit? From what I could gather he’s always acted like a piece of shit and that’s why he never lived up to his recruit billing

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Cardinals have now basically made themselves a non factor in the NFC for the next few years. Murray reminds me a lot of Russel Wilson in that for the first 5 weeks of the season everyone thinks they are going to be MVP and then you just stop hearing about them by the end of the season because neither of them can keep it going the entire way.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
As we await Lamar's deal whenever it is.............

Does this actually help Lamar? I assume that he was looking at an AAV in the range of 47-49 anyway because of the Watson contract. Kyler's contract not being fully guaranteed probably lowers the likelihood that Lamar's will be.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well Cardinals have now basically made themselves a non factor in the NFC for the next few years. Murray reminds me a lot of Russel Wilson in that for the first 5 weeks of the season everyone thinks they are going to be MVP and then you just stop hearing about them by the end of the season because neither of them can keep it going the entire way.
Yep, just paid him a bunch to disappear in the second half of the season. Second dumbest thing they did was locking up Kingsbury through 2026, like all his teams fade away in the second half of the season.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does this actually help Lamar? I assume that he was looking at an AAV in the range of 47-49 anyway because of the Watson contract. Kyler's contract not being fully guaranteed probably lowers the likelihood that Lamar's will be.
Think its somewhat insignificant. Like the money is what it is, and its not surprising.

What it at least does is make Lamar realize that maybe this whole "I'm going to get $230M guaranteed" like Watson thing isn't going to happen for him.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Think its somewhat insignificant. Like the money is what it is, and its not surprising.

What it at least does is make Lamar realize that maybe this whole "I'm going to get $230M guaranteed" like Watson thing isn't going to happen for him.

That was my thinking. Also doesn't help Lamar that the next 2 big QB contracts coming up (Herbert, Burrow) are both are in franchises (like Arizona) with less fluid cash to give out massive guarantees.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That was my thinking. Also doesn't help Lamar that the next 2 big QB contracts coming up (Herbert, Burrow) are both are in franchises (like Arizona) with less fluid cash to give out massive guarantees.
Ehh, I'm not sure that matters. They'll get paid huge all the same. They're just a year away from being eligible, and who knows if they'll even get one then.
Though the landscape for franchise QBs seems to be shifting more towards getting paid before year 4 as opposed to before year 5.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Best thing that happened was not getting a fully guaranteed deal. It's a ton of guaranteed money, but nowhere close to full. That sort of kills the idea that all QBs going forward aren't going to be willing to sign unless they get full guarantees.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I thought Lamar like the length of Mahomes (and the fact that said contract is effectively fully guaranteed).

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Best thing that happened was not getting a fully guaranteed deal. It's a ton of guaranteed money, but nowhere close to full. That sort of kills the idea that all QBs going forward aren't going to be willing to sign unless they get full guarantees.

Yeah. Watson was a weird situation. There's always going to be a difference between negotiating an extension and having three desperate teams bid for you. Hopefully Lamar's situation remains in the former.