• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Playoffs Discuscussion

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So now Lamar can throw passes low and our Receivers can now catch the ball with help from the ground. Got it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
wtf are you on?
ball hit the ground after he caught it and didnt move

I rewatched it a couple times. Initially it looked like it hit the ground first which was why I said that. Then looking at it, he catches it just before it hits or at the same time it hits so I guess tie goes to the guy who intercepts the ball.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
also worth pointing out that both the last 2 drives ended for the same reasons that people criticised lamar and roman during the losing streak

bengals drive ended because they didnt have a guy hot on a zero blitz/burrow misread it and didn't see it despite having a clear 6 vs 5 on the LoS - and then ate a sack to take him out of FG range rather than throw it away
titans drive ended because tannehill didnt check out of a play for an easy conversion outside

just pointing out that QB is hard and struggles are often universal

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading somewhere how corners and secondary are of higher premiums. Like EDC and company allocate their resources more towards secondary due to analytics than the Dline. “In today’s NFL, QBs get the ball off under 2 seconds, so it’s better to have corners who can press... blah blah blah.”

f that noise! Lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
also worth pointing out that both the last 2 drives ended for the same reasons that people criticised lamar and roman during the losing streak

bengals drive ended because they didnt have a guy hot on a zero blitz/burrow misread it and didn't see it despite having a clear 6 vs 5 on the LoS
titans drive ended because tannehill didnt check out of a play for an easy conversion outside

just pointing out that QB is hard and struggles are often universal
No, start Huntley don’t pay Lamar !

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
That pass rush is nasty and although i hate the Titans, i really enjoy watching them hunt Burrow

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading somewhere how corners and secondary are of higher premiums. Like EDC and company allocate their resources more towards secondary due to analytics than the Dline. “In today’s NFL, QBs get the ball off under 2 seconds, so it’s better to have corners who can press... blah blah blah.”

f that noise! Lol

it's not about not wanting pass rushers (if it was we wouldnt have drafted Oweh) but it's that it makes sense to build your defence back to front because if you cant cover it doesnt matter how much pressure you get because the ball's out

doesnt mean pass rush and the trenches are not important