• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We're still using spotrac for the overall team cap space?
yes. Please review the Rules thread under the Forum Mock section. I know you've played it before but even more important for the newbies. We still haven't linked the Google Sheet to the Rules thread yet but that will happen in due time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Please send me your email address in a PM so we can add it to the google document. Participants that have played the game before, I still have your email address, unless it has changed since 2019.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
good picks so far, I know @Cowboysfan1 wanted the Jets so when he finds out they have already been selected he will be disappointed. Imagine actually WANTING the Jets. Makes sense though with the cap space and draft picks.

I also I have attached the google sheet to the rules thread and even completed some of the teams (ARI - CHI). Please feel free to check my work. In the meantime I have updated the entire Google Sheet with the updated cap number we will be working with (208,200,200) as well as the comments in a few of the sections and cleared out information from the previous FM draft.

If you want to check it out you can find it in the rules thread under state of the franchise.

good picks so far, I know @Cowboysfan1 wanted the Jets so when he finds out they have already been selected he will be disappointed. Imagine actually WANTING the Jets. Makes sense though with the cap space and draft picks.

I also I have attached the google sheet to the rules thread and even completed some of the teams (ARI - CHI). Please feel free to check my work. In the meantime I have updated the entire Google Sheet with the updated cap number we will be working with (208,200,200) as well as the comments in a few of the sections and cleared out information from the previous FM draft.

If you want to check it out you can find it in the rules thread under state of the franchise.

I think he should take Dallas by default lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
When everyone starts updating their "State of the Franchise" Google Sheet, there is a section called Final Calculation. Please don't update this section as it's automatically updated due to the formulas in the spreadsheet. The google sheet will be posted soon enough.

This is an example of the final calculation part of the Google Sheet.

Final Calculation
Franchise Tag: 0
RFA(s): 0
ERFA(s): 0
FA Addition(s) 0
Trade Gains: 0
Trade Losses: 0
Cut(s): 0
Rule of 51 Adjustment: -25.5
Restructure: 0
Retirement(s): 0
Total from Above: 25.5
Draft Allocation: 0
Original Starting Cap:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@BoredMarine13

Due to people living in different times zones and different countries it can take some time for the Team Selection. Everyone is allotted 12 hours to make a pick and the actual player draft will take about 3 weeks to go through all 7 rounds. There is no rush and will be completed before the actual draft.

Please go through the Rules thread if you haven't read through already, it's very informative and if you have any questions, I can help as I've been doing the FM for a while now, but at one time I was a newbie also.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have decided to change the starting salary cap to 210k for rounding purposes. I'll update in the SoF (google sheet)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Good call out. Should probably be OTC which is significantly more accurate.
interestingly enough I use OTC on a regular basis but during this game I use spotrac. We definitely considered changing it back in 2019 but can't recall why we kept it the same. Believe @Truth and I found some negatives, for game purposes that kept us from switching.

I know with the State of the Franchise spreadsheet we use all the same verbiage that spotrac uses in regards to active contracts, rollover cap, dead cap etc.... All of this information is listed at the top of the page on spotrac.com. That wasn't the reason we didn't change though.

Maybe @Truth remembers why we didn't change back in 2019.

Simba

Staff Member
interestingly enough I use OTC on a regular basis but during this game I use spotrac. We definitely considered changing it back in 2019 but can't recall why we kept it the same. Believe @Truth and I found some negatives, for game purposes that kept us from switching.

I know with the State of the Franchise spreadsheet we use all the same verbiage that spotrac uses in regards to active contracts, rollover cap, dead cap etc.... All of this information is listed at the top of the page on spotrac.com. That wasn't the reason we didn't change though.

Maybe @Truth remembers why we didn't change back in 2019.

They previously had some "blanks" in their spreadsheets as they awaited bonus and option information. But I think that has since been rectified.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They previously had some "blanks" in their spreadsheets as they awaited bonus and option information. But I think that has since been rectified.
Thanks for the recall. I think it's best we keep it with spotrac this year and maybe if brought up early enough next year we can consider switching.

Simba

Staff Member
Thanks for the recall. I think it's best we keep it with spotrac this year and maybe if brought up early enough next year we can consider switching.

Is there anything stopping us from moving to OTC at this point? I know we "didn't know better" at the time but I think a lot of us have come to know that Spotrac is actually pretty shit now. All of the pro cap guys are OTC all the way.