• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

usmccharles

Practice Squad
This is just for movies. Past, present, future. Post your favorites, trailers that you are excited for, ask questions, etc. I am a Movie/TV junkie and hopefully these two topics will be as active as it was on BR, i learned about a lot of good TV shows and Movies from other members, so lets continue that. I guess ill just name a quick top list in no order just to get things going and mention some movies coming out soon that I am excited for.

Fight Club
American History X
Shawshank Redemption
Cinderella Man
Snatch
Cloud Atlas
Pulp Fiction
The Departed
Man on Fire
Ex-Machina
Im sure i have forgotten to mention many, but those come up off the top of my head.

Coming soon:
IT- Pretty damn excited to see this, freaked me out as a kid and cant wait to have a marathon before going to see the new one.

Alien: Covenant- Dont really have to say much about this.

Baby Driver- good cast with a very cool concept

The Circle- Tom Hanks in something corrupt, sold.

Still need to see:

John Wick 2
A Cure for Wellness
Get Out
Life

Guardians 2 is really good

Get Out is fantastic

I don't like Ridley Scott so wont watch Covenant

Three Billboards looks fantastic, excited for IT as well.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Get Out was great. Thought i figured it out pretty early, whole bunch of nope.
[doublepost=1494902255,1494902226][/doublepost]
Guardians 2 is really good

Get Out is fantastic

I don't like Ridley Scott so wont watch Covenant

Three Billboards looks fantastic, excited for IT as well.
Wiat what? how is that possible. I demand an explanation

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I re-watched Rogue One this weekend and I liked it as much as the first time I saw it.

Get Out was great. Thought i figured it out pretty early, whole bunch of nope.
[doublepost=1494902255,1494902226][/doublepost]
Wiat what? how is that possible. I demand an explanation

Scott admitted the reason he brought the xenos back was because people didn't like Prometheus, he also killed Blomkamps Alien sequel because of the buzz it created. Then he took the buzz and mashed the alien movie that everyone wanted with the Prometheus trilogy that nobody wanted, meanwhile retconning AvP (maybe not a bad thing) and stealing things that James Cameron did better with Aliens. Bitch moves IMO

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Scott admitted the reason he brought the xenos back was because people didn't like Prometheus, he also killed Blomkamps Alien sequel because of the buzz it created. Then he took the buzz and mashed the alien movie that everyone wanted with the Prometheus trilogy that nobody wanted, meanwhile retconning AvP (maybe not a bad thing) and stealing things that James Cameron did better with Aliens. Bitch moves IMO
Damn, i dont follow stuff that in depth, i just care about the movies. Sounds like too much drama for me, i just like most of his movies

Damn, i dont follow stuff that in depth, i just care about the movies. Sounds like too much drama for me, i just like most of his movies

I'm a movie buff, but that stuff I learned recently through some of his interviews and reddit.

On a side note I'm planning to attend film school next year, my major goal is to direct movies. I tend to go into more detail in other forums

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I'm a movie buff, but that stuff I learned recently through some of his interviews and reddit.

On a side note I'm planning to attend film school next year, my major goal is to direct movies. I tend to go into more detail in other forums
Interesting. When i was going to go to school in San Fransisco i was going to go for cinema, i just didnt know what that would entail for a career. I think i posted a thread about it on BR.com, where you a member on there?

Since your more into directors and everything, you are most likely far more versed in the industry than i am, like i said i dont really pay attention to things outside of watching the movies. Im all for learning more about it though, if you want shoot me a pm of what other forums you are on that has to do with this stuff.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm excited to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 this weekend.
This time I'm actually going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I can't wait.
[doublepost=1495291666,1495209957][/doublepost]I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night and I liked it a lot.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My favorites right now are:

Collateral
John Wick
John Wick 2