• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Movie Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I saw Batman v. Superman last night. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I don't know if I would watch it again.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
All time favourite is Princess Mononoke.

Last film I watched was Warcraft, and last one I watched at the movie theater was King Arthur, both entertaining.

Also planning to see Wonder Woman and Pirates 5, although I've been told it's meh.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
All time favourite is Princess Mononoke.

Last film I watched was Warcraft, and last one I watched at the movie theater was King Arthur, both entertaining.

Also planning to see Wonder Woman and Pirates 5, although I've been told it's meh.
WW is excellent

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is just for movies. Past, present, future. Post your favorites, trailers that you are excited for, ask questions, etc. I am a Movie/TV junkie and hopefully these two topics will be as active as it was on BR, i learned about a lot of good TV shows and Movies from other members, so lets continue that. I guess ill just name a quick top list in no order just to get things going and mention some movies coming out soon that I am excited for.

Fight Club
American History X
Shawshank Redemption
Cinderella Man
Snatch
Cloud Atlas
Pulp Fiction
The Departed
Man on Fire
Ex-Machina
Im sure i have forgotten to mention many, but those come up off the top of my head.

Coming soon:
IT- Pretty damn excited to see this, freaked me out as a kid and cant wait to have a marathon before going to see the new one.

Alien: Covenant- Dont really have to say much about this.

Baby Driver- good cast with a very cool concept

The Circle- Tom Hanks in something corrupt, sold.

Still need to see:

John Wick 2
A Cure for Wellness
Get Out
Life

Wow, great list of movies man.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
17. In my defense, my parents never introduced me to any of the older movies, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
You get a pass man. A lot of those movies I didn't see until after they were out for a bit. Just add them to your list. Some older movies might be hard to watch for you... Maybe not

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
You get a pass man. A lot of those movies I didn't see until after they were out for a bit. Just add them to your list. Some older movies might be hard to watch for you... Maybe not
Added to my list.

As a side note, has anyone seen Snowpiercer? I saw the Cinemasins video and it looked intriguing.

I watched Noturnal Animals last night, FANTASTIC movie. Real talk my mom and wife are not smart enough to understand what happened.

Added to my list.

As a side note, has anyone seen Snowpiercer? I saw the Cinemasins video and it looked intriguing.

Snowpiercer is awesome, it has brutal elements and fun, camp elements. Tilda Swinton is great, Chris Evans is an average actor and should stick to MCU, comedy and romcoms.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Took my wife to see Wonder Woman a few days back. It was kool but not all that it was hyped up to be.

K-Dog

MVP
Before the other boards shut down , someone was hating on Adam Sandler. ( not unjustified or unwarranted mind you ) but I was trying to get this person to give a chance to the movie " Reign Over Me" which stars Adam Sandler in a role unlike anything he has ever done.

Who was that and are you on here ? Did you watch it ?

For everyone else. "Reign Over Me" is a fantastic movie that will make you forget the Happy Madison Adam Sandler. This role is deep, dark and haunted and Adam absolutely crushes his part.
When I review movies I prefer to let people go in with as little info as possible. So I am not going to say much more. ( either way a ton of info is readily available )
I will just say "Reign Over Me" is a fantastic movie, super well performed and executed. and it has a awesome sound track as well ( primarily if you are in the older age bracket of posters here )

Before the other boards shut down , someone was hating on Adam Sandler. ( not unjustified or unwarranted mind you ) but I was trying to get this person to give a chance to the movie " Reign Over Me" which stars Adam Sandler in a role unlike anything he has ever done.

Who was that and are you on here ? Did you watch it ?

For everyone else. "Reign Over Me" is a fantastic movie that will make you forget the Happy Madison Adam Sandler. This role is deep, dark and haunted and Adam absolutely crushes his part.
When I review movies I prefer to let people go in with as little info as possible. So I am not going to say much more. ( either way a ton of info is readily available )
I will just say "Reign Over Me" is a fantastic movie, super well performed and executed. and it has a awesome sound track as well ( primarily if you are in the older age bracket of posters here )

I havent seen that because I generally avoid Sandler movies but Punch Drunk Love is a fantastic movie.

Also I watched Nocturnal Animals recently and it was really good. I love a good noire and the concept is really clever

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is a bit left field but if anyone is interested I just saw a film called mustang which genuinely went straight to the top of my favourite films - it's triple f rated, and was genuinely moving as well as beautifully filmed - the only negative is its Turkish (so approach with trepidation if you hate reading subtitles lol)

But it's a brilliant indie film so would recommend to a friend

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
This is just for movies. Past, present, future. Post your favorites, trailers that you are excited for, ask questions, etc. I am a Movie/TV junkie and hopefully these two topics will be as active as it was on BR, i learned about a lot of good TV shows and Movies from other members, so lets continue that. I guess ill just name a quick top list in no order just to get things going and mention some movies coming out soon that I am excited for.

Fight Club
American History X
Shawshank Redemption
Cinderella Man
Snatch
Cloud Atlas
Pulp Fiction
The Departed
Man on Fire

Ex-Machina
Im sure i have forgotten to mention many, but those come up off the top of my head.

The films I've highlighted are the films I've watched and really liked. Shawshank is easy one of my top 2 or 3 favourite films. Another of my favourites is Men of Honour with De Niro & Cuba Gooding Jr.