• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Knowing that @arnie_uk lives across the pond and is currently OTC, it’s quite possible he won’t be picking until Sunday morning est. That being said, 4:19am is the skip time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
About the Saints, how will it work for Brees and other players in similar situations? Isn't he a free agent for the purposes of the game unless you franchise him @Truth?
Brees has the only weird contract scenario this year. CoCo is going to make Brees a fa, allowing team owner to franchise him and then subtract th current cap hit, which is 6m. Th last time we had a weird contract situation was Suh back in 2015.

Allowing @Truth to keep Brees at 6m, since that is what his cap hit will be at roster lock wouldn’t be fair and he agreed. We also agreed that it wouldn’t be fair for him to have to pay 6m over franchise tag number.

Brees has the only weird contract scenario this year. CoCo is going to make Brees a fa, allowing team owner to franchise him and then subtract th current cap hit, which is 6m. Th last time we had a weird contract situation was Suh back in 2015.

Allowing @Truth to keep Brees at 6m, since that is what his cap hit will be at roster lock wouldn’t be fair and he agreed. We also agreed that it wouldn’t be fair for him to have to pay 6m over franchise tag number.

Thanks for the quick reply! I knew it was a weird scenario, but didn't realize it was that unique.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Anyone been using Spotrac's Roster Management to go through certain Trade/FA acquisition situations?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
tenor.gif

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
No. Just because you have a picture of Marino there does not mean you can extract him from the timeline and take him.

Greatest NFL player to never win a super bowl or championship? Probably
Wait...you’re telling me I can’t have Marino? This isn’t a legends draft challenge?

Alright I want a redraft

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is definitely not who I thought I’d pick.

At first glance the Phins seem to have no cap space, but it will actually be very easy to clear up a ton of cap space, and they have some good draft picks.

Plus the entirety of my family are Dolphins fans so why not.